Turn based games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PirateRidingParrot, Dec 23, 2015.

1. PirateRidingParrot

PirateRidingParrot Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2015

Hi, me again :)

I just found a game called battle station harbinger and people are saying it's great. What do you think about it

2. SimonMagus

SimonMagus Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Hey there.. Well to be honest, it doesn't look that great to me.. But I am just one person and I know that the game does have a lot of fans.. Here is a pretty lengthy discussion on the game.. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=268299&highlight=Battlestation%3A+Harbinger

You had mentioned you where going to give Uniwar a go, it's free right now, btw... Were you able to try it?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The only one im playing, and one i can attest to that it isnt as greedy as the standard freemiums, is Marvel Future Fight. Unfortunately, there are no real PVP yet, as the arena PVPs are AI controlled teams of other players, but the ranking/rewards system are among the most generous ive seen yet.

Which freemium games have you seen where one of the most requested features in their official site is along the lines of: "Please reduce our playtime each day as we need time outside of this game."? I was actually surprised when i saw these requests, and some of the dev solution is to merge modes (of course any change has both advantages and disadvantages) just to reduce playtime.

Even if Marvel Future Fight has a stamina system, 2-3 hours per session in a 3 to 4 sessions-per-day is easily doable. That's why im sticking with the game even with the stamina system.

4. PirateRidingParrot

PirateRidingParrot Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2015

Yes, I liked the idea but the multiplayer doesn't feel so great because everyone has unlimited time to make his move. I would love it if it was real time multiplayer and each one of the players had a timer to finish their turn.

5. SimonMagus

SimonMagus Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Yep, asynchronous can be a pain in that regard..