Universal Turbo Sprint! (Universal) - 2D Top Down Racer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by digitaloranges, Sep 14, 2012.

1. digitaloranges

Feb 4, 2012
    #1 digitaloranges, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    Hello all!

I'd like to announce my new app, which is a top-down racer for iOS (iPad and iPhone) called Turbo Sprint!

You can download it from the app store here, it's free (ad funded at the moment) : http://bit.ly/U7hhl9

Anyway, I hope you take the time to download it - and please let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Somehow missed this game previously (Think because it was in ipad games)

Just downloaded it, its free at the moment. Nice Super Sprint style game, played a few tracks, played well, decent power-up's, looks good. Love Super Sprint style games and i'll be playing this one a fair bit

3. digitaloranges

Feb 4, 2012
    Thanks for the response, I'm glad you like it!

4. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Nice game, very fun to play. What i dislike are the advertisments after each game.

5. digitaloranges

Feb 4, 2012
    Yes, I understand that the adverts can be a bit off-putting, it's a bit of an experiment with RevMob really, so I may remove them in a couple of days and charge the lowest price tier, but I can't see it making too much of a profit either way tbh :( I've a few 5 star ratings but unless people start noticing the game, I suspect it's going to sink into the App Store abyss. Such is the life of an indie eh?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Would rather buy this game than free with adverts. Much better to charge outright i think, my friend released an app which was free and 69p to unlock levels, had over 1000 downloads but 3 people paid !

This is a really nice micro machines type racer, happy to buy it. Crazy how games like this dont do better, i see some of the 'highest revenue' apps out there and its crazy as they seem so dire.

7. digitaloranges

Feb 4, 2012
    Yes, I may go paid as an experiment as I've never really been comfortable with the adverts. Wish me luck! Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the game, much appreciated :)

8. OatyCakes

OatyCakes Member

Looks cool! I'm DLing it right now. The App Store can be a cruel mistress sometimes! :)

9. digitaloranges

Feb 4, 2012
    Better be quick ..

lol - get in quick, I've just this very moment turned it into a 'paid' app ($0.99/£0.69) and turned the ads off ... I hope you like it!

10. digitaloranges

Feb 4, 2012
    And do let me know what you think (feedback is always welcome, good or bad!)