Universal Turbo Dismount by Secret Exit

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Sep 24, 2014.

1. magicmikezero

magicmikezero Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Spidey sense tingling after web shooters failed

Attached Files:

2. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    How did you get a red avatar?

3. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I would love to have the option to be able to steer manually after launching, instead of having to stick to a preset path. Talk about increasing replayability.

4. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The thought occurred to us as well, but when prototyping it became obvious that vehicles designed for direct control need way different physics settings than the ones we've set up now.

Still, this too is one that's high in the "nice to have" column.

5. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    #65 magicmikezero, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    U can change your face under customization. Just select customizations>select face> Go into your pics and pick a face.
    Do the same for vehicle logo. I've found that you need to crop your picture (just showing your head or face before you ever start the game, because unfortunately there is no option to crop it out in the game.(which would have made much more sense considering there is an option to choose from your pics) hopefully they can make it an option in the game soon so we can make our faces fit the crash dummy better. Still cool that it's even an option so props to the developers :)

I simply put on a spidey mask and cropped my head> started the game and went into customizations and selected the cropped head pic I took. :)
    Really no option to change the body. Maybe they can also give us an option to change body colors. It only looks red because I had just got hit or thrown out of the vehicle and I paused it and snapped a pic. Looks cool though hehe.

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  7. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    This game really is a lot of fun. ..I already bought it on Steam (for PC and Mac) a while ago, and it plays just the same on my iPhone 5. No slow-down or jitter or anything.

Hopefully it doesn't evolve into an unwieldy plethora of choices like Stair Dismount did -- having to skip faces, skip dummy-type, and scroll way way down to the bottom of the level-list (6 or 7 swipes!) for my favourite original levels just got to be a pain. The menu structure of Turbo feels much better.

I bet this is going to look pretty good on the iPhone 6+. :)

Minor point: Should the throttle sweep a little slower at the top-end of the scale? It feels impossible to ever hit full-throttle, where-as in the prequel it was difficult, but could at least be achieved. (Which was its own little feeling of satisfaction.) :)

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

One of our driving reasons to make Turbo Dismount was to start from a clean slate, and try to avoid the same design scalability issues that we faced with Stair Dismount. So yes, the menu structure has a bit more parallelism, elements are in grids as opposed to lists (or merry-go-rounds...), and on the whole working in Unity is quite a bit more productive than our old tools.

We don't have a 6 or a 6+ yet, but once we do, native resolution support is on the todo list.

9. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I know this isn't really a staple in your dismount games. But would you consider more customization options? Colors, hats, hair, accessories, etc?

This game needs a clown outfit, a stuntman outfit and stuff like that. :)

10. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Agreed

11. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    Hey guys!!! What's your favorite levels? Assuming you unlocked full game :)

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm liking scaramanga and trying to pull off a successful barrel roll :D
    I'd still like some stairs or ski jump style levels like the original game had.
    Edit: oh and portrait mode id like that added in as I prefer to play like that.

13. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009

https://everyplay.com/videos/9667365

Just did it! :)

Rad!

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Succeeded as well. Just look at that elegance! :)

https://everyplay.com/videos/9672296

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
  16. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    This may be a strange request, but could the actual name of the game on the iPhone home-screen be called "Dismount" or something? Currently, it's "Turbo Dis..." and I just find that irritating. It's a personal preference, but I don't see it hurting anything.

17. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    This may be a strange request, but could the actual name of the game on the iPhone home-screen be called "Dismount" or something? Currently, it's "Turbo Dis..." and I just find that irritating. It's a personal preference, but I don't see it hurting anything.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's funny how many devs miss that one...

19. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Yes, darn it. I did check that it looked good, but I used an iPad for that, which has longer strings under icons. Oh well, one for the todo list :)

20. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I searched for this thread for the sole purpose of posting this exact comment. I can't believe that during the development and beta testing of a game that seems to be so well thought-out, nobody noticed this issue. It's a boggling design choice, badly in need of fixing.

Other than that, I absolutely LOVE the game, bought the full unlock, recommend it to everyone, and will never delete it from my device.

That said....yeah, that button needs fixing, stat.