Universal Turbo Dismount by Secret Exit

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Sep 24, 2014.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    That's just the thing, I'm not "hyping" the game. I'm just wonderfully pleased with Turbo Dismount, it was my most anticipated game of 2014, and it it the perfect game for my preferences. As I said before, I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea.

2. magicmikezero

magicmikezero Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This game is so fun!!! I put him in a funny pose hanging off back of vehicle and merged into traffic taking my dummy apart and destroying my lil golf cart looking truck. Hilarious stuff. Hope those tracks are free I'm clicking on. Guess they are since it's not making me give an iTunes password.
    Def worth a try people...and for me, a game I'll keep forever.

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Can you fine tune the customization at all? Because when I go select a picture, it just plasters whatever on. Doesn't let me tweak which part of the picture I want it to show.

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Same for me! I wish you could customise it a bit more...

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I don't mind the uncertainty it's the fact that you cover it with your thumb when launching and I can't see what I'm doing

6. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The revving sound is in sync with the throttle indicator, so that may help a bit in learning the timing of the pulse. Also, not a direct fix by any means, but Turbo Dismount does support MFi game controllers.

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I think I've got used to it now cheers. Well enough to buy the unlock anyway!

8. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Use your finger then and you don't have to cover it, just hold it near the bottom of the button. It's great fun. I just wish the injury and damage indicators stayed a little longer.

9. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Damn that first person camera is brutal!

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Is there a way to watch a replay more than one time? Seems like you do a run, then it rewinds real quick and shows you the replay which you can choose to record, but once that's over you can't go back and watch the replay again or try and make another recording of it?

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It has to unlock premium in the App Store! So which one is it?

12. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Just reverse time at 4x speed

13. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Saving replays is one of the features we know would be a good addition to the game, but turned out to be a more complex task than we had hoped. No promises, but it still ranks high in the "nice to have" column.

Everyplay does pick up the slack quite well with the ability to save replays as videos.

14. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Having a lot of fun with this. It's nice, sometimes, to just be able to play a sandbox game and not have to 'beat' levels to succeed.

I had a couple of small bits of feedback, and these are by no means deal-breakers:

On the 'Lane Merger' level, it's quite hard to move the camera enough to see where the different steering routes will go (you can't pan the camera high enough or wide enough). This is a minor quibble, of course.

Also, on the 'Froggerer' level the obstacles are so tiny, I can barely select them or see them, but once again, that's probably my fault for having a tiny iPhone 5S screen. Being able to free zoom on obstacle placement, or just being able to zoom-in a little bit more, would be nice.

As I mention, these tiny things don't detract from the fun.

15. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    How about a quick play button that randomizes the level, obstacles, character, pose, vehicle, and steering? That'd be a great way to just jump right in and cause some mayhem.

It would also be an added incentive to buy the premium unlock since that extra content would mean "quick play" would almost literally never be the same, ever.

16. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Quick play button to randomize the initial setup might not be a bad idea, though the logic needed so the picked obstacles aren't a useless combination is not quite a trivial problem to solve (you would not almost ever want to start with a Mega Wall).

However it's difficult to see how a "guaranteed new experience every time" -button would encourage anyone to make purchases :)

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Put me down for wanting a random level/vehicle button :D I bought the full unlock and I'm sure I spend more time choosing the level and vehicle than I do playing. So a quick play button that randomly picked for you would be great. Maybe just have it only pick the level and vehicle and leave the obstacles blank?

Well I'm having fun with the game anyway.

18. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Example of the fun stuff you can do https://everyplay.com/videos/9585610

19. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    Endless possibilities! Love games like this!!!

20. magicmikezero

Feb 21, 2014
    Spidey- "gotta save this truck from falling off this mountain"

Attached Files: