Universal Turbo Dismount by Secret Exit

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Is there anything more in full unlock compared buying those level packs cept no ads since it would be cheaper and Im not getting ads anyway?

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    In the full unlock you get all the vehicles levels and everything.

3. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Ah cheers, guess its full unlock then

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    So How many more vehicles and levels do you get when you pay for the unlock?

Thanks in advance

5. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well Im not sure as I bought the unlock before playing it. But I've got 19 levels to choose from and 18 vehicles. Then lots of different obsticles to use in the levels.

6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Cheers for that, there's 3 cars and I think 6 levels before the unlock.

All I need to do now is try to get over the launch button issue I have.....

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha at first I didn't realise you had to hold the button down, it took me a few runs to get used to not just tapping it. :D

There seems to be quite a bit of freedom to do what you want in this game. More of a sandbox'y feel than the first game. Really enjoying it.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #29 rIcHrAnDoM, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    This is the best game I've personally bought from iTunes in a long time. Secret Exit really poured their creative talents into Turbo Dismount, and it shows. There is a TON of content here for the $6 I paid to unlock the premium experience and to be honest, if and when more content is added I'll immediately pay to own any additions. The best way I could describe this game to someone who is interested would be: Turbo Dismount is an indie high-score crash fest that is what you get if Mr. Dismount (or Mrs.Dismount) crawled inside a copy of Burnout and had a love child!

Seriously if you like burnout and or Stair Dismount, you'll literally love TD! Plus you can always expect Secret Exit to show their products continued love. I would easily have paid $10 for this version of the game. I can't think of another game I own that has nearly this much replay value.

Again great job Frand loving this, and it was well worth the wait ;)

9. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Well those are some mighty kind words, sir. Thank you :)

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. At first I wasn't really digging the game. I just wasn't looking at it the right way. It's pretty much like Burnout Crash where your trying to get the highest score per crash. I guess my only issue is there doesn't feel like there is any progression. I haven't gone premium yet, but when I do, everything is open, so it seems like the only thing to shoot for is high scores. It's still a good game though.

11. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    AMAZING. Runs beautifully on iphone 5 while handling a bunch of destructive cars and huge collisions. I bought the full edition and I'm over whelmed with the amount of maps obstacles positions vehicles variety it's crazy. It's just fun watching your character flip over a free way in slow motion with only 2 arms. Greatest purchase in a while. Get this game please and atleast buy one map to support the developers on this excellent pay model and good game

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I agree. The video recording and Everplay sharing is very well implemented and fits so well with this type of game, it really adds a whole other dimension beyond playing, it's like creating your own sequences for an action movie :D

13. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    The launch button is to add an element of uncertainty otherwise you'd just do the same setting all the time it's great fun. It's very rarely I wince when I see a character hurt but this does!

14. I've been playing this quite a bit on my iPad, and I'm really enjoying it, but the game is performing like arse on it. There's just constant slowdown when you're starting the game, with crashes, if there are AI cars on the screen, if the finish screen is shown. It feels like it's playing somewhere between 10-20 FPS at times. It's also crashed a number of times, though a reboot mostly sorted out these issues (It also crashed when I tried logging into Everplay, and I quit out to the main menu if I want to change the level, as there are times when it crashed when I was doing it in the level)

It's a damn good game, but developers, could you please have a look at these performance issues.

15. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

What hardware do you have? iPad1 should not be able to run the game at all.

In general, these little things may help:
    - Close all other apps in the multitasking view
    - Disable background app refresh
    - Limit any network-using background apps or services to minimum
    - Don't pick photos or images larger than 512*512 for customization

16. #37 Hoggy110, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    My specs are below my name. iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

I've been playing the app after reboot without any other apps being opened past that, but I'll try without background app refresh. I haven't been using any customization options

Edit: The framerate has had some noticeable improvement, but it lags more and more depending on how many cars are in the level. For example, The Original works well without issues, Chicken has slowdown which is noticeable compared to Original, Freeway keeps running at a similar level of slowdown and the same thing with Frogger as well. However, the replays seem to be working at the normal framerate

17. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

A5 is the min-spec for the game, and we've noticed it does chug if there's background network access happening. Also, even after reboot you might still have other apps visible in the multi-tasking view.

18. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Yup, the more moving parts there are in a level, the more it's CPU bound because of the simulation.

Once you go to replay, the animation is played from a cache (one of our big, big, big improvements over Stair Dismount) and can be smoothly interpolated at pretty much any speed.

19. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I'm not sure what the hype is about, personally.
    The words tech demo come to mind.

It sure doesn't feel like a game.

Ah well. Just wasn't for me.