Universal Tunnels & Trolls Adventures (By MetaArcade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    That too! ;-)

2. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #42 Praymettin, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Old-school roleplayers and DM's from ignored non-western countries are mostly required to have an academic degree knowledge of english to decipher tons and tons of campaign settings, sourcebooks and obscure game systems; so you can assume that most of the target audience already knows too much english that they would even find some spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. :)

3. Thorster

Thorster Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Germany
    That's right, mate! #

4. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Some of us even work as professional translators in the gaming industry:)

5. dmpunks

dmpunks Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    When can we expect more adventure modules? Please convert all of the classic adventures ASAP! :)

6. malice93

malice93 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 22, 2015
    Content and Partnerships at MetaArcade
    Seattle
    Hi! I'm Alexey from MetaArcade, and I work on content for Tunnels & Trolls Adventures. We are planning to release new adventures every week, starting this Thursday. I am frantically squishing the bugs in the next one as we speak :)

7. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    ok but...

what about putting it on other stores, like every European country (Portugal included) ?

8. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I'm in Vancouver BC ## Canada. Love the role playing games and old school d&d. These types of games are awesome to me!
    Mostly though I'm a fan of strategy games (fire emblem advance wars XCOM etc.) loving this game though

9. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Could we have an ETA of the game in the European AppStore? Please.

10. malice93

malice93 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 22, 2015
    Seattle
    No firm date at this point, but we hope we can make it happen sooner rather than later!

11. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Played this a bit last night, and now I'm considering getting into the physical game. I'll keep an eye on this and if the content keeps growing, I'll happily support it.

12. malice93

malice93 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 22, 2015
    Seattle
    We just released a new adventure! Stop Thief! is another Michael Stackpole mini-solo that further explores the criminal world of Gull (that you may experience in Golden Dust, Red Death), this time putting the protagonist on the right side of the law. Another adventure is coming next week, so stay tuned :)

13. haplo92

haplo92 Member

Dec 27, 2013
    France
    Any ETA on the release in European App Store ?

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up. Found it in HK Store.

BTW. What is the IAP?

15. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    Still nothing in EU store... sigh.

16. malice93

malice93 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 22, 2015
    Seattle
    Some of our adventures (like Naked Doom and Hot Pursuit this weekend) are free to play; others cost money. We have two virtual currencies: Hearts and Gems. Hearts are like tokens in an arcade -- you spend one to play through an adventure once. Alternatively, you can purchase an adventure with Gems and play it for free forever.

We wrote a short dev blog explaining the system: https://www.metaarcade.com/blogroll/2017/8/3/monetization-in-tunnels-trolls-adventures

17. malice93

malice93 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 22, 2015
    Seattle
    We are considering releasing it worldwide (in English only) -- just need to get through PAX West first. Please bear with us for a little while longer!

18. malice93

malice93 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 22, 2015
    Seattle
    To celebrate PAX West, we've made our latest adventure, Hot Pursuit, free for the weekend! Just log into the game and claim it before September 4th to own it forever.

If you are attending PAX, come visit us at booth #122 in Hall 4E! We have developers ready to answer your question, a demo of the Adventure Creator, and some cool swag to give away.

19. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks!

20. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Comments: I find that in many situations that the consequences of dice roll are unclear. At some point, I am told to roll dice (say, deciding what monster in an encounter) but there is no message telling what happen to each result. Same goes to the saving throws, even though some tell me what value is a good roll, the consequence of bad roll is not described.