Universal Tunnels & Trolls Adventures (By MetaArcade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Cyl

Cyl Active Member

Nov 15, 2013
    France
    Same here, even french people undertand a bit of english ;)

2. tshark_ma

tshark_ma Member

Aug 17, 2017

Ok, we'll look into adding a few more territories. We did add what we thought were with the countries that did speak English even if it was not the official language, but good chance we missed a few. Even if we do add, it will take some time to populate the app stores. I'll update here if anything changes.

3. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Is there only 2 campaigns and 3 mini solos? The mini solo lasted less than one minute and I've beaten buffalo castle and the naked doom.

Is there more content that I am not seeing here?

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Thanks for the reply. I'll have another few playthroughs of naked doom and see what happens then. I guess there was something happened on my first play what I couldn't deal with that killed me but I guess now I have a weapon and armour I could go back and see if I can pass that route.
    I'll definitely be buying the other chapters because it's a nice game.

Personally I like that the playthroughs are short as it means you can fit in a whole adventure in a small time. If I wanted a longer story I've got the tin man books for that.
    This fits in nicely for what I'm looking for. Choose your own adventure story, dice battles and short play sessions.
    Top marks from me fingers crossed for more content in the future.

5. Cyl

Cyl Active Member

Nov 15, 2013
    France
    Thank you, I was a player of T&T in the early 80's and I would love to be able to return to this world now.
    So please, don't forget France :)

6. tshark_ma

tshark_ma Member

Aug 17, 2017
    #26 tshark_ma, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    We currently only have the 2 campaigns and 3 mini solos. HOWEVER the plan is to update content weekly or at least every other week. Either mini-solos or larger campaigns. We're only 6 people right now so it's a challenge, but that is the target we are aiming for ourselves!

7. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Don't forget Belgium, English is our second language, we learn it practically from kindergarten.Thanks for the reply and the effort.

8. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    #28 Papicus65, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Most old school roleplayers over here read English fluently.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Germany! Most people speak English.

10. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    @tshark_ma please make it available on all european appstores (PORTUGAL INCLUDED LOL).
    I wonder, does this have any extra costs? If not, why not launch it everywhere...

11. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Release the kraken! I mean editor. I think you will have a large amount of submissions in a short-ish (1-2 weeks) amount to time.

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    What the hell is this? MUD? In 2017?

13. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I generally don't get into game books but I'm totally loving this. Beat both game books and bought some gems just to encourage more.
    Played naked doom a few times. Just beat the balrog and 6 guards. Awesome.

Can't wait for more content

14. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Well, this looks like my kind of game, but for some reason, I'm getting no progress or really slow update progress every time I try to start the game. Does the game really need to check for updates every time it's opened?

15. tshark_ma

tshark_ma Member

Aug 17, 2017
    No it does not. When you first install, there is an initial update. For now that is it for future opens. The sames goes when you first play an adventure. If you email us at [email protected], we can better support your issue.

Thanks!

16. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    #36 TheGodless, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    It's fine now that I turned my phone off and on and I patiently sat though the updates, but even after I turned it off and on, it seemed like after it zoomed through the check for an update, it took some time to even start the update (at least a minute or two) and then after the update started and zoomed through 10 to 20% of the update, it repeatedly slowed down to a crawl again to the point of the entire process taking at least 5 to 10 minutes to finish and that's with a strong signal and nothing else downloading or running in the background. It just seemed like a lot of waiting to run into when someone is wanting to try out a new game. I went from having to wait about 5 to 10 minutes to be able to start the game and, after being a little confused with the UI when I thought that I was supposed to try to roll up my own character to be able to start the game, having to wait about as long again for the update check and update for the tutorial. I'm not sure about everyone else's experience and I admit that it could just be my phone (I occasionally have some weird issues when I drop below 1gb of space), but even if everyone else has to wait half as long as I did, it seems like it can't be a good thing for a new player to have to wait about 5 minutes just to get to the tutorial and then spend another 5 to 10 minutes updating and reading it. If others are experiencing updates twice as fast, they will still have invested 15 minutes before even getting to start the game.

17. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    And by "here", I mean Italy of course.

18. Cyl

Cyl Active Member

Nov 15, 2013
    France
    #38 Cyl, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    I hoped you meant the non americans of this thread...
    Forza Italia :)

19. tshark_ma

tshark_ma Member

Aug 17, 2017
    you are right no one should have to wait that long to play. believe me this is our top priority to get fixed right now.

20. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Pleeeeease

Come on come on come on!
    I want to play it... (I'm in Portugal by the way)