Tubetastic: World Splashfest - Intense Arcade Cross-Platform Multiplayer [BETA]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gnomeDasher, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnomeDasher

gnomeDasher Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    #1 gnomeDasher, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    [​IMG]
    WHAT IS TUBETASTIC: WORLD SPLASHFEST?
    A cross-platform multiplayer online game centered around fast-paced versus and co-op action. (Think Mario Kart battle mode on bouncy inner tubes with machine guns). Various characters with unique abilities, a ton of power-ups, and wacky pool rules to mix up different game modes. Can you master the bouncy chaos?

[​IMG]
    FEATURES
    • Choose Your Battle Arena: Select your game mode experience from Balls of Fury, King of the Pool, Battle Arena, Survival, or Roll the dice and see what randomized arena and players you’ll get.

• Easy-to-Learn, Furious-Paced Fun: Tight fast-paced bouncy physics with easy to learn but hard to master controls.

• Versus and Co-op Action: Play Head on battle royales or work cooperatively to survive the variety of dynamic enemies that lurk in the deep.

• Online Cross-Platform and Offline Madness: Play as one of 10+ outrageous and unique characters while lounging in the middle of a pool, online against people from around the world or battle devious bots offline.

• Pool Rules Mix Up The Game: Select from an array of mutator pool rules to drastically alter how each game mode plays. Make your tubes extra bouncy, crank the speed to insane, make it a timed or kill count match, 1 hit K.O., bouncing beach balls from hell…

[​IMG]
    CURRENT DEVELOPMENT / ROADMAP
    • We are in the final stages of development
    • Any feedback on the tutorial would be great
    • Looking at an Early March 2020 release

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BETA TESTERS WELCOME

[​IMG]
    ABOUT THE DEV: SUPER GOODWIN
    • My name is Chris Goodwin and I currently work at Reverbinc.com (ARK, PUBG, Rocket League) and develop games that are super fantastic on the side to satisfy my passion monster.

• Independently developed and released Gnome Dash: Rise of the Trolls on the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Amazon appstore. With an average rating of 4.8 (peeps dig the magical adventure!).

• Developed and released Fairy Tap: Quest to Tap More and Rapid Puzzle Cube on Facebook Instant Games generating 500,000+ unique plays. (Best played on Instant Messenger)

[​IMG]
    I would love to know what you think about Tubetastic: World Splashfest comment below!
    Stay SUPER my friends!

2. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #2 tops2, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    I tried submitting feedback via TestFlight but I’ll post my response here as well:

The game is pretty fun so far but I see human players to be more fun. It feels like the game may get old if it’s only against the AI.

As geekVERIfy suggested, a more zoomed out view may be more fun. It’s so zoomed in that I can’t really plan where to go next. I’m just randomly shooting what’s next to me. I can’t see what’s further away and can’t see if there’s power ups close by (the ones currently not on the screen).

I noticed maybe the text for “strength” may be cut off? I’m using the iPhone XR on the latest iOS 13.3.1.

For the character screen, maybe have those little “bubble” list thing (like which page indicator on the iOS home screen) to indicate which character we’re currently looking at vs how many there are total?

Otherwise, the beta seems polished.

PS: just wondering if you have plans on upgrading Gnome Dash: Rise of the Trolls? Just discovered this from the Toucharcade article. I’m using iPhone XR and the screen isn’t full screen. The game seems to freeze a lot. I’d briefly touch the iOS multitasking bar to unfreeze the game. Otherwise the game seems really wacky and fun.

PPS: ended up deleting Gnome Dash cause the game keeps freezing. I noticed if I activated the share sheet, the share sheet screen is stuck and I can’t exit it unless I restart the game.

gnomeDasher likes this.
  3. gnomeDasher

gnomeDasher Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for your feedback! The cameras are being looked into (1.4.0 has a mild camera update) and the character select screen 'pagination' is a good idea! Happy you are currently enjoying it.

RE: Gnome Dash - I have been thinking of going back to it for an update and possible port to Steam with controller support. Nothing is firm yet, currently focusing on Tubetastic as my resources are limited.

Stay SUPER my friend!

tops2 likes this.