Tubebox $1.99 -> 0.99 also Audio Exciter $4.99 -> $2.99 Not Games

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Connector, Jul 14, 2012.

1. #1 Connector, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    I have been searching high and far for a youtube downloader, and I finally found one that works good! I bought this, and it works great, just goto the youtube video, and click on the dowload button, and viola, it works great! Works on my new ipad too.

I would highly recommend this, and since in the past, they have pulled apps that download youtube videos, this might get pulled in the future, but I assume once it is on your system, you will be able to download Youtube videos forever.

Paid 99 cents for this on sale, and I would highly recommend this.

Thought I would just post 2 things on this thread since they are not games.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

The other app is called Audio Xciter and it is free to download. There are inapps which are on sale right now for $2.99 for the full version and $7.99 for the studio version.

It is kind of like an equalizer with DSP done to it. Wow, the music quality is very good. If you download this free program, you can preview the sound modification for 15 minutes. Wow, I was impressed, and I'm going to buy this when they come out with their ipad update. Press the x icon in the middle to turn on/off the EQ, then you get a feel how good it sounds. And make sure to wear headphones or a high quality stereo.

Anyone know of any other good programs like this? Anyway, try this EQ program out, I was amazed how much music sounded. Maybe there are some sound experts out there that could comment about this.

If someone could link the two programs, Tubebox and Audio Xciter to this thread I would appreciate it. Please link the free version of Audio Xciter cause there is an inapp in there to purchase the various options.

Glad I found these 2 oddball programs, they are really useful!

2. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    If you want an exceptional YouTube downloader, then FoxTube is easily the best one I've used with a lot of features and gestures...though none of that audio enhancements. There's an iPad version and an iPhone version. Very slick interface especially for the iPad.been using this app since January and it gets a fair amount of updates.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. #4 Connector, Jul 14, 2012
    Tubebox is universal at 99 cents, foxtube hd costs $4.99 by itself and is not universal. I think they would do the same thing. I am really happy with Tubebox. Downloads fast, plays hd, and also plays on my new ipad/iphone.

Look at the screen shots at both, I think Tubebox has a much better user interface. It is quite pretty and functional. I'm no longer going to use the standard youtube viewer anymore.

Really happy with it so far. Finally found a youtube downloader! Now I can download videos from it for long car trips.

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi Connector,
    Does Foxtube let you download the audiofiles only?

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #6 oooooomonkey, Jul 14, 2012
  6. Well, there is a little confusion here. I bought the program tubebox, jeff bought foxtube... And he linked foxtube, so it makes it seem like this thread is foxtube, but it's not, it was for tubebox. There is a link in the post after his.

They do the same thing, but tubebox is cheaper, universal, and has a better user interface.

Jeff, do you own foxtube? Tubebox does not download just audio only. It downloads full hd videos from youtube, and it also lets you save the video file to your photos section! I was shocked that the program could do this. Once it is in the photos section, you can easily download it to your computer. What format video file it is, I got no idea, but if the ios video viewer can read it, it must be a standard format.

Jeff, can you answer two things about foxtube, can you download audio files only, and also if you can download youtube to a standard video format so you can dump the file to your computer or cloud service. Thanks.

But judging from the itunes descriptions and price, I would have to say tubebox is the better value. It is an awesome program, you can change skins, the UI is gorgeous, and it downloads youtube videos very easily, and you can dump them to your pc or icloud.

Totally cool, I would highly highly recommend it. For one buck, watching unlimited youtube videos is a dream come true for me. Thought Apple prohibited it, but low and behold, these two programs do it. Wonder why all of a sudden we can do it.

I've been downloading a lot of hd music videos. Since you seem to like music, I would give the program a try. It makes my ipad much more presentable, cause I don't have wifi wherever I go, and my friends have been totally impressed with my retina ipad screen and the hd videos.

Now I gotta see if there are tv shows or movies on youtube, hopefully there is something useful that I can download now. If anyone has an suggestions on good youtube videos to download, let me know.

7. But this program doesn't let you rip youtube videos. Right? I have a ton of programs that can download files, but not youtube videos. This is the first one that I have found that is cheap, good, and does what it says.

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah it lets you download YouTube videos, as many as you like for free. Just use the in app browser to go to the YouTube vid you want and when the video starts to auto play it will say do you want to cache it to memory (it means download, but it's not explained to good)
    I used it just last night for get some vids.

9. jeffyg3

Mar 22, 2010
    #11 jeffyg3, Jul 14, 2012
    Ok, I ended up buying Tubebox. I believe what Google/Youtube does not appreciate is the ability to save them and copy these videos elsewhere, so hopefully Google doesn't go after Tubebox.

Out of FoxTube and Tubebox, I would have to say FoxTube is a better app overall. Tubebox has bigger buttons when playing videos so it looks kinda nicer on that respect, but what you don't see in the pictures is how Foxtube interface works a lot more intuitively and has a lot more useful features than Tubebox (aside from the ability to save to the camera roll (saves it as an MP4 BTW) which is the only reason I'm keeping it on the iPad).

Foxtube has much better search options. I can search by relevance, date it was published, viewcount, rating, and I also can get a list of videos uploaded only by a specific uploader. Tubebox on the other hand, doesn't have these options. Also when searching for videos, Foxtube tells me what resolution the video are in unlike Tubebox. So if I'm looking for only HD videos of Rodney Mullen's skateboarding mixes, I can filter out just getting the HD videos.

Also in FoxTube there's configurable gestures, better viewing options such as slowing down videos and continuous repeating of certain sections of the video, flipping videos, various zooming options...I can zoom in really close, and some others.

And last the interface is a bit better. Everything can be done without switching to different sections like on Tubebox. On FoxTube I can play a video and while it's playing I can slide out the sidebar on the left side with a swipe gesture and I can search for videos, manage my play list, change options, and select what videos to play next after the current one. Overall it has a very slick interface, and if you want a bunch of youtube videos downloaded on the iPad to view offline, I think this is a much better option than Tubebox and also those simple free downloaders, especially do to gestures, interface, and options. And if you want to save a specific video to your mac/pc, then Tubebox or simple downloader is good. Though does cost a little more :/

To answer a question, Tubefox can't download just audio, but I guess you can use tubebox to download the video and just convert the audio if you're looking to download just audio on your mac/pc.

I think it's nice to have both apps, but for my main YouTube video saving app, I think I'll stick to FoxTube. I also have a simple downloader like oooooomonkey mentioned on the iPad, which is ok too.

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #12 amusing Grace, Jul 14, 2012
    Thank you guys!
    I used iCab mobile for my needs, but the extension to extract audio-only has been taken out. Downloads still work though.

Gonna check now Oooooomonkey's link

EDIT: +1000 for Rodney Mullen skatevideos

11. jeffyg3

Mar 22, 2010
    Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'? (AKA HAWP) is a really funny series to check out. It's about these 2 siblings that put out funny video game related skits...I even posted some of them on YouTube.

12. #14 Connector, Jul 14, 2012
    I went to your link and downloaded it. Then went to youtube and tried to download a video.

It said can't do it due to copyright restrictions.

Also tried playing the video and waiting for a cache command, but none came.

Maybe they had an older version that did download youtube and it got pulled and you still have the older version? Would suggest you download your link to test it, but if you do maybe you will lose the ability to download youtube.

But one thing I didn't like is it isn't universal. I need a universal downloader because I use the services on both my ipad and iphone. The user interface on tubebox is much better too, it is a very pretty interface, well worth the buck if you want to download youtube stuff.

13. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Oooooh thanks for linking foxtube connector.
    That app is super sweet - I like the swipe gestures

14. Well, Jeff was the one who suggested foxtube, my link was for tubebox. Anyway, both programs seem to work, the main differences are price, universal or not, advanced features, ability to save to a standard format, and controls.

Seems both work well, and it sure is nice having something that can download youtube videos.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I only just downloaded it two days ago so its not an old version and I've downloaded a couple of full length movies from YouTube using it, so it does work.

16. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #18 Psykikgmr, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    Oh my bad.
    Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I just click away without reading
    I tried that other link download all app but it's generic. Foxtube is like 1000x better. Probably tubebox too but didn't get that one

17. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks for the info on these programs. I bought tubebox because it was the universal one and only a $1. So far I really like it, especially being able to save the videos to my camera roll.

18. #20 Connector, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    Yeah, if you like current music, check out their search command under top rated, etc... Tubebox totally uses a different filter than youtube, man, they got some great stuff on there like Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, and Justin Bieber.

Wow, I am totally amazed the more I use it, and the ability to back up alot of this stuff to the cloud is even more amazing.

Have to say this is the best 99 cents I have spent on my ipad. Before, I would never really use my ipad and iphone for video, but this makes it so easy to download stuff to it, and now I am hooked.

I love watching music videos now, and now, I can have a party, and just download things, make a playlist, and save it to the cloud. Then stream all of this to either a stereo or tv. Can see DJs using this at parties. Wow!

Now, I gotta find some interesting podcasts or movies to watch offline.

One of the first videos I downloaded was Hyuna Bubble Pop, all of my friends liked it and it's good for parties. Kpop (Korean) has a lot of good dance music videos nowadays too if anyone wants to take a look. Got no idea what they are saying, but they got some good eye candy.