Universal Tsuro (by Thunderbox Entertainment G.P.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 3, 2016.

1. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Sure! Added you.

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    One thing: I wish there would be a way to see the complete board after the game ... sadly there is no way because of the buttons for FB, Twitter und Clear Board ...

3. Agreed -- I think a "share" button would be preferable to the FB/Twitter buttons, which would then lead to options like FB/Twitter/Instagram or just saving the photo to your album. A lot of games do that and it would be a nice way to get a screenshot of the final board.

4. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I strongly agree with this. What a good idea!

5. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #65 fabianb, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    To the devs: what are the upcoming plans? More boardgames with this quality? :)

Edit: wow, this was a far trip! Hah! (I was orange)

Attached Files:

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I am playing an online game with AppUnwrapper and I get no notification when it is my turn.

7. You sure you have notifications turned on? I had them off, but as soon as I turned them on I started getting them.

8. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Guys any date about other languages release? I check every day on my italian Store if it's out!!

9. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    By the way, this game is also coming to android right? Any ETA for that? I know someone who would love to have it.

10. #70 AppUnwrapper, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    I thought it was already out for Android. At least when it does get released on there, we'll have more people to play with. :)

Btw, if anyone's still on the fence about the game, here's my review:

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2016/02/07/tsuro-review/

Still looking for more people to play with!

11. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016

Very, very good review. It's a pity i can't yet play it as i'm waiting for its release on my Store.

12. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    I love this game, except in multiplayer. I've read or listened to a lot of very famous game designers and all of them say that in an async multiplayer game where a player could spend days waiting for thier turn, that the designer had better make sure that there is a lot to do when that player's turn rolls around. This game breaks that rule seriously...I wait for hours, and then when it is my turn, I place one tile. Maybe takes 30 seconds at most to anaylize the board, rotate and place the tile. This game need to be played in real-time. And it should not be async to discourage players who are not ready to sit down and play a game from start to finish.

When you play online make sure you and your opponents agree to a wait time that you are all happy with.

13. venasque

venasque Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I disagree. I have played Carcassonne for years and it's the same.

I believe it's unfair and selfish to say you don't like something so it should be removed for everyone else. Why not have the option for both to make all types of people happy?

14. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    Well I think you are impolite for calling me selfish. I was not thinking of myself. I was thinking of trying to make it a successful game for the developers. But your opinion doesn't change the fact that a lot of developers think it is not good for async multiplayer to have so liitle to do on one's turn. And that doesn't mean that games cannot get away with that. I don't mind it so much myself. But I think it will hurt the game because many casual players will stop playing because they'll get bored waiting for their turn. I also think that people who love the game will continue to play. But it would be better to have an option when setting up games to specify the maximum time allowed to take one's turn.

15. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    And besides, I think it is unfair and obnoxious to put words in someone's mouth. Where did I write that I did not like it?

16. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    I just noticed a way Tsuro could be improved. I just finished an online loop game nd at the end apparently I lost. I got only 6 loops while my opponent got 10. I thought Inhad wond because that that giant result dialog that told me That my opponent won covered most of the screen and I couldn't clearly see that paths. Also I couldn't tell which path was mine because bothe paths were white and there were no stones left at the end of the paths.

So it would be better if the paths at the end of the game were color-coded, with the stones left at the end of the paths where they were when the game ended. And a way to move that dialog around, or make it hidden while touching the screen.

17. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    #77 PCKid, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Three choices bottom left ?

Not totally clear. First is dragon stone single vs Ai. Second cm ruler seems to be the same. Not sure what the knot is. Love the game.

Update. Watched video got it now. Next post though still unclear re Facebook playing

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Facebook gaming

I f I put my piece on the board how do I then get it to connect to Facebook players? No offence to anyone but don't want to follow anyone on Facebook I don't really know just play Tsuro against them

19. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    you can't play online multiplayer if you don't have or make friends on Facebook. That is really the only bad thing about Tsuro.

20. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Oh. That sucks. It's a great game but cries out for multiplayer. You would tire quickly of single player even with the three types of gameplay. Promises much but delivers limited gameplay.