Trying to remember the name of a music game circa 2010 (I think)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    The game in question had awesome pixel art of a city (at least the first stage) in the background...the game played like this-a multi track beat would play, and you had to lay out the beats on a grid, by lighting up boxes, before a scan line passed by, though I think you could pause the music, arrange the beats, and then hit play. The music was multi track, so on a given level you might be required to quickly arrange a beat with four instruments, and successfully completing levels would open up new instruments to use in the games' free-form beat creation mode, which allowed you to create your own loops and upload them to Facebook; as well as downloading other people's created loops and rating them.

I had the number one ranked song, so I would really like to get this game again ;)

I purchased this game on a different acct. so I have no way of searching my previous purchases or trying to find it on my PC.

2. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just a keyword would be great, so I could search the appstore. I know Slide To Play had it listed, once upon a time, in one of their must buy lists.

I think it might have been by a major publisher, but am unsure.

3. aeranth

aeranth Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #3 aeranth, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    I am virtually certain that the game you're asking about is called Beat It!, published by Glu Games. This was released prior to Glu's shift away from paid apps to the current free-mium model. The app is no longer found on the AppStore, sadly. It still runs fine for me on the current iOS (note: Facebook/beat sharing capabilities no longer work), but I don't expect functionality to last forever without an update, which is highly unlikely; the imminent release of iOS6 may turn out to be its death knell. Still one of my favorites, and an unfortunate end to a really great app. I hope that helps, despite the disappointing availability issue!

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks a lot. It's a shame...since I used a different account, I can't access it.

A great game made by Glu...those were the days.