Trump 2016

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Apr 8, 2016.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    We have no idea what he's actually worth so that number could be only three dollars. :p

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Apparently not. :eek:

2 standout articles caught my eye.

"9 clear signs you are about to faint" and "How to keep your purse organized and clean : 10 tricks women must learn"

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    You would want a better, fairer tax system because some areas (the poorer ones) will still end up paying for the richer areas.

Idealistically I don't disagree if it were fair, but I don't see a lot changing other than money being shifted around in smaller locales with greater variance. The needs are better met by those who know them I agree, but I don't see a whole lot changing unless it were managed on a very micro level and that won't be happening any time soon.

The Federal Government being the checkbook and dealing out handouts bugs me though, their money comes from somewhere and that is the people they should be serving as long as they're taking it. All this "be grateful" tripe while people are creaming or wasting it and pretending to do you a favour is rubbish. There is no magical checkbook filled with money they haven't already taken from the people.

4. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Well, I do like the fact that I just typed "Gar" into my browser, and Gary Johnson was right at the top.

I just want this horrible 2 party system gone.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Without getting into a very long discussion - there is no fair. There will be winners and losers and rich areas can become poor and visa versa. Having someone being an arbiter of who gets what is wrong. Seems better to me to have others emulate a working system and make improvements rather than taking from them and giving to others.
    First lesson I was taught, heard bazillion times, taught my kids, but no one seems to actually get it - Life is not about fairness. Because everyone is always trying to meddle and makes things fair in their own opinion obviously. Things have a way of sorting themselves. There are advantages to trying to keep gross inequalities down, but if the people in the US really believed that, we should be all giving up 90-95% of everything we own and sending it to the destitutue areas of the world. Much of the world would think themselves kings if they were as poor as our "poor" are.
    So now we get to fairness within the US. I can't even start with how many problems and issues that brings to mind. Trillions of dollars spent on thousands of experiments and essentially nothing to show for it.
    I say it is time to try some other ideas even if they are nutty. After all, most people were convinced Columbus would never survive, until he did. Humanity does its best with risk taking and we get complancency, whining, and stagnation when we are "safe." IMHO.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    same

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I would volunteer for the Mars mission - probably too old though.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lol whatever happened to that dumb TV show idea anyway

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    My favorite was "Lost in Space." Right up there with Gilligan's Island.

Truth-be-told I still watch old re-runs of Star Trek and BSG (new version though- the old one was just too cheesy).

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I will not participate in the discussion since as an outsider to the US I have no valid opinion on any of the candidates, but your post made me think of this:

[​IMG]

11. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #111 italodance, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    I'm not American, But Trump is a Hero, He is the only one who can stand against the corruption, Dirty money, Insurance , Dirty Medias.....