Trump 2016

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Apr 8, 2016.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Headline

'Senile Man Sends Angry Tweets and Finds Himself Nominated for President'

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Headline "Senile female who lies, cheats, and steals is nominated for President. Is the country full of idiots?"
    :confused:

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    There may be two poor choices but one is less volatile and less prone to idiotic and potentially dangerous remarks than the other (whether they're being 'sarcastic' or not).

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #84 pluto6, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    I would rather an unknown volatile personality than a known criminal. The press, congress, judiciary, and bureacracy will oppose Trump. All of the above will go along with HRC. The Democrats in Congress have already shown with Bill that there is no behavior of a fellow D which is worthy of impeachment. Much worse to have all the power centers supporting the criminal.
    The Rs will be looking for reasons to keep DT in line.

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    They haven't been successful with this yet and he's just a nominee. How will they do it after he has real power?

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm just having a bit fun. In all seriousness we both have been participating in TA forums for quite some time. I value your input and I would hate to see any of that change post election.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    They're both so shitty :eek:

8. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Truer words were never spoken. I just hope we have better options next time. If this election is any indication, we could have Bernie Madoff vs. Gary Busey.

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Headline on November 9, 2016: Racist, homophobic, trailer trash-supporting Republican gets himself Trumped in landslide electoral victory!

Or if I am far from right, Armeggedon here we come!

All Trump supporters do is bash Hillary. Clinton has specific plans. We can do better than both, but Clinton's proven leadership is far more superior to Trump's.

Don't get me started on Mike Pence. He still believes that we are living in the 19th century!

10. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Two words: Gary Johnson

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I wish Libertarian was viable. Federal govt needs to have a massive reduction. It should be involved with military, foreign policy, and interstate commerce. Needs to be done away with for most other things. Even the local community schools, police and fire, hospitals, all are sucking of the Federal teat. I am not sure that could ever be accomplished though. People would riot when their communities had to support themselves.

12. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    To me, it isn't about viability. It is about choosing ( voting ) for who you believe is the best choice. I am not willing to vote - especially with these two idiots - for the lesser of 2 evils..... I am not even sure which one is "the lesser evil".

Honestly, I never really thought Trump wanted to be president. I think it is all about building his brand. Nobody can say so many idiotic things, and make fun of so many people, and just have his facts wrong, and want to win, if you ask me.... Also, I think what he was doing was setting his daughter up for a future in politics.

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    What do you mean communities supporting themselves? With money from where, taxes or local bake sales?

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Bake America Great Again

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Growing up in the 60s all the police, fire, schools, etc. were paid for by property and local sales taxes. Many of the fire department (actually a lot still are) volunteer. Roads depended on who they served - the federal paid for interstate, but the states paid for state roads and the cities and counties paid for their own local roads. State, local and community taxes. Property taxes paid a lot of it.

There are a lot of ways getting things done without the federal govt being the checkbook. Anymore though, the states and cities have sold their "soul" to the Federal Govt and so many would be hard pressed to extricate themselves without sincere dedication and severely tightening up their budget.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I don't disagree with your first paragraph. I do not think Trump got into this for his brand - whatever that is. I think he believes, as many people do, that the politicians have an agenda different than the commoners, and he is wanting to change that paradyme.

These "public servants" are the royalty of old but they somehow get away with portraying themselves as being just like the folks. The freshman may be, but the powerbrokers are anything but servants. I would love to see the Federal government being severely limited in its size and scope to those areas clearly delineated in the Constitution. That would upset a lot of apple carts though.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    You are a funny guy.... Thanks for bringing a little lightheartedness to such a dreary, but critical aspect of our lives. :)

It is like the Reader's Digest of old when they used to have "Laughter is the best medicine" section.

18. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Well, Pluto, what they have already said is that whether Trump wins or loses, he stands to triple his money just from being in the race.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Maybe. I don't trust what "they" say. I find it interesting that literally EVERYONE - big politics, big business, media, the "establishment" politicians - everyone - wants to see him lose. There are a number of people that would like to see Washington DC turned on its ear. But it just the commoners. I am certainly not an anarchist, and the results could be scary, but I absolutely believe that HRC would be able to cement an establishment that makes a 1984 (George Orwell) scenario possible.

So I am betting on craps and hoping for the best. Sometimes you have to be willing to put everything on the line, or you might just lose it all anyways - just more slowly and painfully.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wait they got ride of that??