Trump 2016

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Apr 8, 2016.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have agreed with many of your gaming assessments, but I can't say much for your assessments of my postings. I believe I try and stay away frm statements that are inflammatory and speculative. HRC has been shown to be a liar. The people that I work with have severe penalties influcted upon them including incarceration for things she is apparently walking away from.
    I would be interested in any evidence that shows that Trump is pursuing this post because he is in search of power. There might be a lot of people that believe that - well, that is an opinion that is worth no more than any other opinion. I am sorry that you feel the need to use name calling and insults to try and prove your opinion is more than that and somehow justifies your bias.

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I will tell you what "all over the place" means with a nice cross section and then you can troll along:
    CNN
    Vanity Fair
    Business Insider
    Washington Post
    TIME

And IIRC I though I remember reading something in the WSJ (unconfirmed).

Of course he was a big part of their lives... Financially. However, significant individual success was achieved as well.

3. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Please don't forget that you cast the first stone

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So in your view of the world, everyone over 50 have only the mom to be responsible for their kids raising? I barely saw my father - he worked from sun up to sundown. And that applied to the vast majority of people growing up in the 50's through 60's. You dont think that example had anything to do with the attitudes, ethics and morals their children recieved?

And I don't recall casting stones. I do recall having nasty comments being sent in my direction.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    .....could it be that pluto6 is actually Donald Trump himself?! Wow. Sure sounds like him! Listen to that crap! One in the same I tell ya! Amazing....... #

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Igal

And you dont consider this trolling? Is there anything objective here? Anything that is part of a reasonable discussion? :cool:

7. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    ........just saying....... and there you go again....... Thinking and acting out like only what YOU say constitutes a reasonable discussion. And that sounds familiar......... LOL!

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I read an interesting article earlier today about HRC's email scandal. It had a different perspective with which to view the FBI's recommendation. Since she's getting away scott-free with destroying email records and gross negligence of classified material, the FBI essentially cast a precedent of zero accountability in this regard. If Trump is elected him and his administration are free to follow that precedent as well.

The billionaire asshole or the criminal? Yeah think I'll be sitting this one out at the polls. Pathetic

9. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, unfortunately that's what we're dealing with here. 'Worse or Worser!' Sad..... I figure a lot of people are gonna do the same thing as you come November. Gotta go with your gut or don't go at all, right? Well, it is what it is.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #70 pluto6, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Agreed, but one of them is going to be elected. My hope is that Trump would bring some accountability to political figures. The civil service system makes punishment of non-political employees (a la Lois Lerner) extremely difficult. The system was set up with very strong safeguards because civil service used to be very low paying (still is for a variety of jobs) with minimal benefits. The benefits have increased tremendously in the last number of years with pay increasing for higher levels of GS, but still very low for the lower GS positions.
    However, the political figures that are at the top very much set the tone, and difficult is not impossible. If you have tough, responsible political leaders, you can get the bureaucratic drones to change their ways. Neither party has been interested in this - attacking the "govt worker" is a little like attacking the military - it just doesnt get much traction and generally is politically unfavorable. My hope is that Trump can take on politically unpopular subjects because his future does not rest on his favorability as a politician. Of course, he may go overboard. :D
    I think HRC will run the executive office like Hoover ran the FBI - all powerful with total control of information leaving the public largely in the dark. Certainly nothing that comes out of her mouth can be trusted unless people decide that even liars have to tell the truth occasionally.

Hey JBRUU on a completely different subject - are you still reading a gazillion books each week? Anything special you have come across? I am starting "The Boys in the Boat" which looks to be quite a powerful inspirational story.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Started The Girl Who Played With Fire yesterday :D

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Is that HRC's new biography?

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Is that a joke? Here you go

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Did you like Dragon Tattoo? I never saw the movie - looked very strange.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The movie or book? Movie's a decent adaptation, the books are captivating in a horrifying sort of way. If you like the thriller-mystery genre you'll enjoy it, if not you'll definitely hate it just due to some really dark subject material. Regardless they're definitely worth checking out since they're sort of modern classics in their own right.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #76 pluto6, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Melania Trump made a powerful speech tonight. Take away the partisan name calling, media half truths, and the public responding to Pavlov's media dog whistles and I feel confidant that HRC and quite possibly Monika Lewisky's ex-boyfriend may very well be wearing a matching pair of orange jumpsuits. It will be all the rage for the very progressive D's.

Buy stock in Orange for Halloween costumes. And for our Canadian neighbors, that pretend to be knowlegeable in Amercan politics, I would suggest you take French lessons so you are knowlegeable in your own country rather than feeling lije you need to meddle in your neighbor's business rather than taking care of your own. I think their is a wise saying somewhere about taking care of the log in your own eye before worrying about the splinter in your neighbors.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Crash and burn

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    On all fronts. The establishment wins. The highest office run by crooks. Armed revolution? Or emigration?

19. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I would imagine it would be in Canada's best interests to be familiar with US politics, considering how close to crazy it has gotten I know I'd be very aware of my friends across the border.

20. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm sure it's kind of hard to ignore. Most likely, they are both making headlines around the world.