Trump 2016

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Apr 8, 2016.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    If he (people he pays) hear it enough times on talkback radio, he no doubt will.

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hello friends

Señor Trump build wall?

No good

3. AnRiv

AnRiv Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    wait for it.... :eek::eek::eek:

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
  5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I kind of hate weighing in on political things (I was raised in an era where we taught to never talk about religion or politics when at a gathering).

Trump is thin skinned and a huge unknown. But Hillary is a criminal. I hope Bernie prevails.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Bernie's not going to win the nomination, that's pretty clear. And it's highly doubtful he'll run as an independent because he knows that means a Trump presidency. The best possible thing is if he's Hillary's VP. What part of Trump do you think is unknown? He pretty much puts it all out there. If he's voted into office we get what we deserve.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Well there is a public persona and a private persona. I had a boss who worked in the White House while Bill Clinton was running and he said Hillary swore so much it would make a sailor cringe. She treated Secret Service like garbage and even would throw things at them. I dont see her acting like that in front of cameras.

Trumps kids all seem to be well mannered - how did that happen if the father is a total jerk?

You are judging the media personality and assuming that is all there is. I am saying we dont know the off camera personality.

8. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    2016- "Trump will never win the election"

2017- "Trump can't really do that, can he?"

2018- "Hey TA, you watching the Hunger Games? I hope my District wins!"

9. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    My honest views, being a non-American and reading online and watching the news and political addresses... Trump winning is bad news for America. He has several changing platforms but absolutely no plans to achieve any of his goals... Shy of a wall along Mexico that will apparently be funded by the Mexican government.

Trump getting into power will be nothing more than a barometer of how many idiotic and impressionable morons reside in such a "great" nation. The frightening thing is there may be enough of said morons to actually get him in...

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #30 pluto6, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Well, you are on the right track to make lots of friends by insulting people. I always find it helpful to tell people who disagree with me to tell them they are idiots or morons. It makes them see the error of their ways and makes them realize how superior my intellect is to theirs. Generally, they fall on their knees and beg forgiveness, or ask to be flogged for their arrogance.

I don't know what country you are from, but if you can only form opinions by what you read in a very biased media, you are bound to come to wrong conclusions. I don't know much about Trump, but I do know HRC and her husband are criminals. There is something wrong about giving criminals the Presidency. I would rather have an incompetant fool for a President, than a competant criminal. We can recover from the former, the latter will never let its stain be removed.

No more discussion from me. Opinions are like rectums - everyone has one and mine is no more valid than anyone elses. But, at least I try and honestly appraise rather than following some emotional ideology. That always leads to ruin.

11. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Being passive aggressive and sarcastic is far more effective at making friends as you've demonstrated. At the end of the day, you can pontificate "emotional ideology" or realize that "facts don't care about your feelings".

Live media coverage is live media coverage. Media will always be bias and pursue its own agenda but live is live. You're seeing it and hearing it out of the horses mouth... It doesn't matter what channel you're watching it on when the words are said, unedited and unadulterated.

Anyway, Take the criminal Clintons out of the equation and tell me why a rational and logical person would vote for Donald Trump.

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ha! Well put! #
    I personally can't imagine why any rational and logical person would vote for DT either and if just baffles me that lots of people would! #

13. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Gotta say, as a foreigner, you seem to have a pretty good understanding of the situation in a nutshell. And as an American, I find that embarrassing, and it hurts to say it, but it's true, as well as being a terribly scary proposition. :eek:

14. AnRiv

AnRiv Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    I agree as a foreigner he's updated! :eek:

15. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I can only speak from experience as Canada currently has a new prime minister who is a less wealthy, younger, better-haired version of Trump. He is slowly destroying or country and hasn't even been in office a year! However, I did have the opportunity to vote for a different party.

Now in the US, what options do you have for voting? Will Trump and Clinton be the only ones on the ballot or is there a third alternative to these idiots?

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Asking the media not to call out Trump on how completely ridiculous he is would be like asking them to take back all of the insults to George Bush's intelligence. They did it because it was appropriate.

17. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
    Oh, come on! What "crimes" have the Clintons committed? They're probably the most investigated politicians in America and what have their opponents to show for, after more than 25 years of investigations and millions in wasted public dollar? Not a single damn indictment. Bill Clinton was impeached for ..... lying about BJ. Even the inept GOP House leader recently admitted all these congressional investigations were purposefully started to damage Hillary's credibility. As for Donald Trump, how in the world does anyone who even remotely follows the current affairs not know the man is, as one GOP donor succinctly put it: " an ignorant, amoral, dishonest and manipulative, misogynistic, philandering, hyper-litigious, isolationist, protectionist blowhard." The guy is a conman par excellence. The ironic thing is the man with a long list of business failures and who declared bankruptcy FOUR times is boasting what a great businessman he is.

Oh please, Justin Trudeau is the polar opposite of Trump. And how is he "slowly destroying" (fav phrase of anti-Obama Americans) Canada? From what I've read in the Canadian media, the Trudeau government still enjoys high approval rating. Canada did the right thing by rejecting Harper and his politics of fear and division..

To answer your questions, besides Trump and Clinton, Gary Johnson representing the Libertarian party and Jill Stein
    representing the Green party will also be in the ballot in all 50 states. The Johnson/Weld ticket is reportedly getting about 10% in national polls. However, for all intents and purposes, the contest is between Clinton and Trump.

18. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA

Basically, it's just DT and HC.
    You know, here, we never hear much of anything about Canadian politics or anything for some reason. (Probably because our news here in the US consists more of tabloid journalism than anything else. We hear more about Beyoncé and Kim than any REAL news, sadly.) And it IS sad!! I thought your prime minister was well-regarded there!

19. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I find Trudeau to be doing at least some good. Just by building the cabinet he did has pushed Canadian politics decades forward (It's 50% women and 50% non-white IRRC). After Harper and the sky-high corruption levels, I'm not sure Trudeau is the destroyer Lickzy is making him out to be, but I'm from Quebec so... my opinions are skewed :D

Back to Trump, I've had it explained to me by a half dozen American friends as to why they're voting for him and it basically boils down to 'we know he's really bad... but the other is really really bad!'

20. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Delusional Donald...what a major embarrassment to the United States of America.