Universal Trulon (by Lillback Powerco Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 28, 2015.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Is this game like baten kaitos for GameCube? I loved that game.

2. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Same here. I'm copying and pasting to see it,annoyingly

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    just click "quote" to read it. Not the best solution, but it's easier than copy-pasta.

4. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Rich color and graphics, a good soundtrack and awesome battle mechanics. I'm really digging this,i just wish it were a bit more challenging :(

5. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    How far in are you? It gets really challenging later and requires a lot of strategy to beat the tougher enemies. This is the first RPG I've ever played that I've intentionally wandered around fighting random battles because of how fun it is. Especially once you get some combos going between the characters and unlock some of the cooler mechanisms.

I think this is more of a battle strategy game with RPG elements than the typical "press attack until win" game like Final Fantasy Record Keeper (or even an "auto attack" button...).

6. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Thanks

7. kaidan

kaidan New Member

May 17, 2012
    Do not buy this game. It auto-saves before each fight and losing a fight loads the last save. Therefore, the instant you face an enemy too tough to beat, you are permanently stuck in that fight and forced to restart the game. There is no flee option. No escape. Just an endless hell of fighting the same damn encounter over and over in the hopes the enemy spontaneously combusts.

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Interesting. I don't think this ^^^^^ has been mentioned till now. Sounds like a significant design flaw if that's how it is. Any others finding the same?

9. dicework

dicework Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    Finland
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you're stuck in the game. I already replied to your email and hope that we can work this out.

Short version: This will be fixed in the next update.

Long version: There's an issue with the random encounter generation where occasionally it can generate a battle that's too hard for your current party. The enemy types are also limited by the current progression in the game's story, but at some points in the game some monsters may be too hard for a lower level party.

We added an exit to the random map so you can back out of the battle if it's too hard. This diminishes the risk/reward of the random encounters a bit, but I agree that it's better option than the current one.

If anyone wishes to avoid this before the update is out, you should not enter any random encounters after Borderlands, before you get the third party member, as they may contain enemies that are too hard. So far I'm not aware of this happening elsewhere.

Best Regards,

Arto, Lead Designer of Trulon: The Shadow Engine.

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I will never understand the people who come into threads going "don't buy this game because I encountered a rare issue!" ... Have these people never heard of bug fix updates? Instead of being incredibly hostile it's always better to bring the issue to a dev's attention which will most likely cause it be resolved in one manner or another. It's also a good idea to actually wait for a response from the devs, they aren't machines.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    qft.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=260551][​IMG][/thread] [thread=221693][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260554][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257640][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260719][​IMG][/thread][thread=260468][​IMG][/thread][thread=260574][​IMG][/thread][thread=260505][​IMG][/thread]

Trulon

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

April 30th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE:***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

13. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    I wish this one support more language like Spanish

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Congrats on a well deserved 4.5 stars on the front page!

15. Kaiden

Kaiden New Member

May 10, 2015
    Does anyone know how to solve puzzle at frenzied factory with all these electrical poles? Really stuck there, any help would be great.

16. Neutralus

Neutralus New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    se99jmk provided a solution for this puzzle a few pages back. So here you go!

And truth be told se99jmk, if it was REALLY old skool you'd worked it out with pen & paper instead of spreadsheet :p :D

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    #77 dbagga84, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    I'm having a problem I can't refill my magic because I've used all the little orbs :( without my magic I can't save the third party member. I ran around the first area looking for the room with the magic orb and chest but there aren't anymore it's just enemies. There has to be a way to refill the magic without the orbs or something. Because if I can't find a way to refill my magic I'm stuck, again I already had to restart because I went into an area with 2 bears and I was too weak to beat them and you can't retreat. I need help!

18. dbagga84

May 22, 2013

Is there any way you can make the little magic orbs respawn? I posted just a second ago about how my magic user can't use his spells because he's out of magic and there's no place for me to recharge, or at least add an inn or something in the towns that allow you to recharge.

19. Von Strubel

Von Strubel Member

May 17, 2013
    Berlin, Germany
    #79 Von Strubel, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    I am stuck near the end and i think it is a bug.
    I have to find proof for 2 traitors. Found the one for meadow Hills (although the symbol vanished after the last battle). But there is nothing to find in Cliffstead (searched the house again and again clicking EVERYTHING) and i can't leave the town (entrance is one way) and cannot speak to the people as i do not have the proof.
    Until now this game was major fun and i do not have a problem with the length, as everything unfolds in a pleasant way. Nice game! :)But i want to finish it! :(

20. dicework

dicework Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    Finland
    The proof is in the house, right next to the door in a barrel. It's a bit hidden and currently it's also a bit too easy to exit the area while reading the proof. This will be fixed in the update too.