Universal True Skate - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 17, 2012.

1. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry, I missed your question earlier. Not sure about that. I know we have some newer decks on the way though.

Be good to get some old school boards in eventually.

btw, there is another iOS update out now to fix a few bugs, including that mission pop up on realistic mode.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Still play this game all the time and it's awesome when you can't skate for real :) love the new decks already got the Enjoi set, blind is my fav so that's next.
    New spots to skate would be killer too but this game is great either way.

3. dontdiewondering

dontdiewondering Active Member

Feb 20, 2014
    New Parks

Hey Trueskate,

Hoping for a new park soon - I was super excited to hear that you have 6 parks in various stages of development - hoping to encourage you to get 1 out soon - it's been too long with no new terrain, even though I still play the game everyday ;)

Thanks!

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not sure about their original parks they talked about, but I saw on Instagram that the new SLS park is coming out on October 1st: https://instagram.com/p/8DmqVCpmo3/

5. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    There will be a mix of SLS and other courses arriving this year. I'm not sure how many we will be able to release before next year. Most likely the SLS release will be followed by an original course.

6. RichardKerr

RichardKerr Member

Sep 24, 2015
    England
    Has someone got to do a mortal with the skate?

7. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #1247 tahzblade, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Deleted post

8. dontdiewondering

Feb 20, 2014
    New Course Update?

Hey TrueSkate! Any update on a new course? I noticed the previous message said 10/1, so I'm hopeful.

Thanks.

9. K2pwnz0r

K2pwnz0r New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Uploading own image is too dark

I've been trying to get an answer for the past couple days for this, and it seems like theres nothing on Google that will help me. Whenever I upload an image, the image becomes too dark. They put some sort of gray gloss filter whenever you upload anything. My image has a white background and its super dim and gray because of this. How do I prevent this from happening?

10. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
  11. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    That SLS course is already out.

There might be a new original course out in November. We have a heap of stuff in the pipe line, but given the time left this year, I doubt we can release more then 2 more before the new year.

Heard a few complaints about this after quite an old update. We never got quite enough complaints to investigate properly, although, there was one person who was quite upset that we added branded decks with out improving the deck brightness issue. I regret not getting that looked into more carefully a long time ago.

You can always try changing the brightness your self in an image editor before applying, however, remembering some complaints, some people might have been unhappy even after trying that.

Be good to do more Tampa stuff in the future, it was a very popular release, but, I'm not sure we are quite organized enough this time around.

I expect there will be more brands coming, but I wont be specific at this point.

12. dontdiewondering

Feb 20, 2014
    Mondo!

Thank you True Skate for making the Mondo Ramp - I know we have been asking for that for a while!

It is super fun and I am looking forward to more of your custom parks, thanks for the best game ever.

13. EleArcade

EleArcade Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    It's still nothing!
    Steam :D
    How do you preform the trick labeled "late"? :confused:

Help appreciated :D

14. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1254 oscar123967, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    Just preform a trick after you've reached the apex of your jump.

15. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    What does the 3D touch support do? I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

16. EleArcade

EleArcade Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    It's still nothing!
    Steam :D
    #1256 EleArcade, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    I know how to do that, I mean the blank trick labeled "late" in the trick book. I haven't a clue how to do it. :confused:

17. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1257 oscar123967, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    Hey luke, first off, happy holidays and new years. Its been a big year for true skate :)

Feature I've been thinking about: I was thinking slow mo should be incorporated with lines/points.
    -Slow mo activation would be changed to toggle rather than tap and hold
    -You can only activate it when airborne and it will deactivate upon landing
    -You are able to toggle it once per line and it will not interrupt your score/TC earnings
    -Players will now buy uses rather than seconds (I think it was seconds if i remember correctly ? I bought the permanent unlock forever ago)

Not sure about that one :/ sorry

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Since we're throwing out feature requests, let me give you my number one most wanted feature: A setting that's right in the middle between the Normal mode and Realistic mode.

I play this game to do "real life" type skating, and Realistic mode should be perfect for that. But I'm one of those people who play with just one finger, and while I know I'm not alone in that ("There are dozens of us!"), I really think the nature of the game is more conducive to people who use two fingers. Which makes Realistic mode kind of tough because it heavily relies on you dragging that second finger up the board after popping an ollie in order to get enough height to do tricks properly. This just plain doesn't work out with one finger.

The Normal mode works just fine with one finger, as I can pop an ollie and then quickly swipe however to do whatever trick I want. It works fine but the physics are a little TOO floaty here, and it makes a lot of tricks look kind of silly and causes me to completely miss rails and ledges sometimes.

I really think something that's not QUITE as floaty as Normal mode and not QUITE as restrictive as Realistic mode would be perfect. Or better yet, maybe a slider so people can just choose the level of physics they want?

Anyway, this doesn't change the fact that I play this game every single day still, sometimes for hours at a time. It's probably my most played game of all time lol. But I always try REALLY hard to enjoy Realistic mode, even keeping it toggled for days at a time, and no matter what I always end up switching back to Normal because I just can't do the tricks I'd like to do. Thanks for listening :)

19. dontdiewondering

Feb 20, 2014
    Hey True Skate

Still loving this game and playing all the time. I want to put my 2 cents in that Realistic Mode is awesome - I love the physics of using the front foot to pull up and get into tricks, it is so satisfying. I know there are different opinions about Realistic Mode, but I want to let you know I think it is perfect right now. I also want to encourage other players who are not fans of RM to keep working with it.

I am super looking forward to another custom level - I play Underpass and the Valley most, but all of the custom parks are awesome and have great features. I am still finding new lines in the parks I have ridden for hours, so I can't complain, but it is human nature to crave novelty - I see that True Skate is ranking high in the Apple store and I can't help but wonder why there aren't more courses coming out regularly. The SL courses are cool, but they get old quickly and feel very similar to each other.

Hoping for more of your original content - thanks for the best app ever.

20. Rogue Lykos

Rogue Lykos New Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Only three requests...

1. Please please Please, make the custom images show up in the replays, I can't screen record, so this is all I have, that's the biggest thing I want out of this.

2. Make the custom images option unlimited, at least after you do it once, and I know that there is an option to pay for it, but, really? This game is such a money spender, cut us some slack.

3. Finally, please try to make more skateparks, there's not very many good ones the ones that I enjoy are: The factory, the warehouse, and inbound. The SLS parks are really plain. As a trueskater, and a real skater, please make more parks, or make the old ones bigger.

Thanks, I appreciate it, and really quickly, the first request is the biggest one. Please ###