Universal True Skate - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 17, 2012.

1. kinnik

kinnik Member

Jan 26, 2015
    #1221 kinnik, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Oooo.. I like the new forum interface! Nice additions to the op on this thread too. :D

@Naked Snake & Oscar & Luke: I've noticed slight freezes / stalling on the outdoor parks and on the indoor warehouses. I'm not sure if this is something similar to what you experience, but it only happens when most of the park comes into view. I'm running an Ipad Air (1st gen retina). Personaly it dosn't bug me much and it happens quite rarly. If the other option is to make smaller parks, I'd certainly choose the freezing / lag... But yours might be worse then what I experience.

@luketrueaxis: A few reddit folk and myself are currently working on building an extended Wiki for TrueSkate. trueskate.wikia.com I would like to check if it is ok for us to use photos / videos on the wiki that True Axis made? The site is explicitly stated to be "fan made" and unofficial. It's planned to be used to share tutorials / tips / video collaborations ect.. as well as to increase the user base and longevity of the game. It can't / won't be monitized on and it is a publicly edited wiki. As you may see, we've already used some images from your websites, just to figure out how the wiki creation stuff works (we're totally green to wiki creation) but we havn't shared the links anywhere yet and we can totaly remove that content and make our own photos if True Axis prefers. ??

Anyway, this game still rocks best! the SPOT really grew on me. Love it now! Best ledges and mannys around and pretty dang awesome flow. The SubReddit is really heating up and we're seeing lots of new members and content being posted! I'm hopeful that we can keep generating income for True Axis and keep this game in development / activity for a long time to come!!

2. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I don't see why they'd need to make smaller parks. This bug never occurred until the Valley update so the game is capable of running these parks without the glitch.

3. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia

It looks like somebody is monetizing that wiki as it is covered in adds. I'm not sure the legal issues with what you are doing, as in how much of it is considered fair use or not, however, as long as you don't miss-represent anything, and link to all our sites like you are we are probably ok with it. You should note that True Skate is a trade mark of True Axis Pty Ltd and that all images are copyright True Axis and you are using them with permission. I'll reserve the right to ask you to pull anything down I don't like, although, conversely, I might point people to wards it if I think it is good enough.

4. kinnik

kinnik Member

Jan 26, 2015
    #1224 kinnik, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    @luke Yeah, I just noticed the ads when I checked the site without being logged in. I couldn't see them before as they are removed if you have an account with wikia. They are added by wikia and it's not earning anyone but wikia corp any money. There is no way to remove them and as far as I know there is no wiki services that I can use that are both FREE and without ads.

Here is a link that explains this:
    http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Can_we_turn_off_ads_in_wikia%3F

Just to be sure, your asking that I add "all media on this site is propery of True Axis Pty Ltd" and make the links to your sites more prominent? I'm not sure I know what you mean by misrepresenting?

Also, this is an open wiki formate. That means anyone can add information or remove things. I 'could' close the wiki to public editing, but that would defeat the whole community building intention. If I need to be concerned personally for legal reasons, I'm just going to take the whole thing down.

I did / do all this work in order to support True Axis and the True Skate community. If it's not appreciate, I don't have any reason to be doing it. As I said, those ads are not mine, they are added by wikia, I'm certainly not getting paid.

Edit: I did a little digging and I'd venture to say that all the images used are well within the "fair use" laws. It's super commen to use images from a game in a community wiki. But, I'm not pushing, I'm happy to remove any content you feel might be adversely effecting your sales ( can't image why that might be, but it's not my imagination that counts)

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Semanticdrifter/Understanding_Fair_Use.

Edit edit: I hope don't come across too weird or something... I'm bipolar, acute anxiety, so I have a really hard time interacting on forum and stuff. So please be patient with me and know I miss interpret things quite often and get upset easier then some people.

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1225 oscar123967, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    You guys have been focusing on dlc/content for a while now. Nothing wrong with that, I really do appreciate it, but are you guys going to be focusing on features again in the future?

6. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No worries, I expected that was the case, I was just joking.

Don't worry about it too much, if we find anything there we don't like, we can ask it to be removed or remove it our selves I guess. The links to us where already fine. As long as people don't claim to be officially sanctioned, and are not trying to pretend to be us, then generally we are happy for enthusiasts to be building an online community around True Skate.

It is really great to be able to make games that so many people love.

7. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    There are a few small features we have in the works, but a lot of our time has been taken up by content and fixing things up that don't make that much difference to most people. Our plans are a little open ended at the moment so I am not to sure, but there are some big new features we would love to do at some point eventually.

8. kinnik

kinnik Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Whilst we're on the topic, and there are suprizingly few people complaining about bugs at the moment, I would really like to ask how profitable / enjoyable making this game has been (or is)?

All us fan(atic)s I'm sure would love to see all kinds of content and features coming to this game. Or even a slew of features packaged as a TrueSkate*2* (so we can all throw more money and help make it worth while). But, without the income or desire (I know first hand how programming one project for a long time is wearisome), the addition of new parks from time to time as a *tiny* money grab might be the only cake left.

Anyway, long question short, are you and the crew still making dough out of this grain? If so, do you still really want to be pushing it?

Either way is fine for me, I'm WAAY stoked for all the skate on my device already. The comunity / crews forming on Kamcord and reddit is awesome and totally reminds me of my IRL skate crew. #trueminati represent ;)

9. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We get heaps of complaints about bugs on random devices at random times. Frustrating, a lot of time is take in by staying upto date with android and ios changes, and admin, and support, and license agreements, deleting spam, etc. It is the price of success.

We still have lots of plans for True Skate, but sometimes it feels like everything is happening in slow motion. We still think there is plenty of room to push things to the next level with True Skate.

10. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Really cool, most devs wouldnt even come close to answering those questions.

Tossing an idea out there, though I'm certain you've heard it before. We've got nothing to spend out points on, so why not create some type of collectables you buy? Maybe special preset boards that cost a lot. And once you collect all of them you get a reward: a badass board.

11. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    We've been planning on bring a lot more things to buy (Both with TC or IAP) to true skate. It has been taking us a while to get there. We won't giving any details out until know better how all that will work.

12. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome! Getting a little tired of seeing that 50k on the top of my screen haha

13. dontdiewondering

dontdiewondering Active Member

Feb 20, 2014
    True Skate is Amazing

Hey True Skate Team, just wanted to send some appreciation your way for all the work you have done to make True Skate the best skateboarding simulator known to mankind. I skate in realistic mode and love the authentic feeling of laying down sick lines - I skate almost every day and I'm thankful for how much this app has improved. Grinding and getting into/out of coping on transitions is much improved, I'm stoked on that. I really like all of your custom parks, each one has so much to offer, but I have been skating the Valley almost exclusively, I love how you can connect long lines with a natural flow from one end to the other and back again. Looking forward to new content, even though there is enough to keep anyone creative busy for a lifetime already.

Thanks again, the app rocks, I'll pay good money for new content (I bet if you had a 'special edition' map that was $10 or more, explaining it as a fundraiser, plenty of people would buy it just to support you, so you can hire more developers and get more maps out there for us!)

Keep up the great work! Skate and destroy.

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Havent heard from these guys in a while. Still play this game at least once a week

15. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I haven't been paying enough attention my self to what is going on with all our social channels. We probably really should be talking about things we have coming up more often.

We have a big update coming out later this week which will add a heap of branded content. It also fixes some issues with blunt slides which may have been at least in the iOS version of True Skate for an update or 2.

There are around 6 new courses in various stages of planning or production that should arrive either later this year or early next year.

16. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Awesome! Excited for new courses, I buy every one of them haha. Branded content will be kind of nice. I've noticed bluntslides being a little iffy recently, I hope this helps with that.

I've also noticed that spin cam and quarterpipes don't seem to agree. The camera angles freak out when you try to do spins in quarterpipes.

One more thing. Could we get the game to recognize fakie? I love the difficulty of doing a fakie flip nosegrind, but the tricks don't get recognized correctly. It would be cool to have the camera adjust a bit when rolling backwards with spin cam too. Right now it's super difficult to aim at a ledge or rail rolling fakie.

17. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #1237 amusing Grace, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Update with skateshop is live! :)

OMG, they have Blind boards in the store!
    Luke, i know it's a long shot, but is it possible to get older board designs, too?
    I'm thinking of a Jason Lee/ Blind board, the old Bones Brigade or a Caballero.

18. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Are the 2013 and 2014 SLS Super Crown parks the same? They both have the same image in the store. I already own 2013 but haven't bought '14 yet.

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #1239 oscar123967, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Awesome update! Got a little tired of map after map after map lol, though I am extremely grateful for them :).

So many boards!!! I do wish we could keep the boards that we buy With TC forever though, was hoping to build up a huge collection solely TC. But I guess you guys gotta give reason to buy the packs.

Also, i noticed you could access the skate missions with realisic mode through the waypoints. Is this a bug or are you guys opening up the missions to realisitc players?

I never even noticed that the street league parks had missions. I only ever tried the missions on Underpass. But attempting to get gold on all of them left a bad taste in my mouth, so I never tried another mission again and went back to realisitc mode lol. But I really enjoy the missions on the street league courses. They're so much less stressful because you know for a fact they're achievable; theyre less linear. Plus they're all universally open to any type of player (realisitc, unrealistic). Any chance of making the missions on all the courses universally open?

They're a tad bit different. http://youtu.be/MZxBwfgsuxI

20. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Looks like you found a bug. It looks like the store image is wrong, I'm not sure why we didn't notice that sooner!

The course should be fine though, we have tested that many times.

We might add a way to have more then one deck in that can be swapped between in the future.

That is a bug. It would be good to have realistic mode missions, but missions have been a low priority for us for quite a while. We have been very busy with all the new parks, and this deck customization and various other features. We have a very long list of things we want to do which keeps getting longer and longer.

We've had a really bumpy road here in the last few months with a lot of external things affecting development, but we have still been managing to keep things moving along. Expect more decks, and more skate-parks soon, and more other stuff too.