Universal True Skate - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 17, 2012.

1. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    When pushing with one finger on the board, the game tends to assume I'm braking. This seems to be a glitch. Anyone else noticed this? It's pretty irritating.

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, I'm loving the new park! I was starting to get worried that all the new parks were going to be the competition ones.

3. dontdiewondering

dontdiewondering Active Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Pushing!

YES, it is very irritating - a very different experience than before. I only tried it in realistic mode, which is all I ever use, and I kept trying to clean my fingers or my phone to fix it. You can't get up to speed nearly as fast, which I guess is more realistic, so I won't complain about that if it was on purpose, but there seems to be a 'stickyness' to pushing and turning, making me feel like a beginner, or inebriated. In case it matters, I usually use the 5th or 7th camera view.

Thanks Luke, the new park is amazingly awesome, looks like it will entertain for many many hours - appreciate your team's hard work!

4. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    We've been getting a few complaints about that. I had started making a few changes to how some of the two finger controls work for a future update, and must have messed that up. I tried to test everything with the two finger controls for this update but missed that check.

Will try to fix for the next update.

5. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Awesome! Thank you Luke! New park looks epic, but I'm going to hold off playing it until this fix is in place :)

6. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #1206 Naked Snake, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Since this latest update, when I'm playing on my iPod Touch 5 every few minutes the game will just freeze for a second and then resume. This hasn't been an issue before now. I haven't tried playing on other devices yet.

I put my device in airplane mode as a test and it still occurs.

7. dontdiewondering

Feb 20, 2014
    Can't Wait

I'm with Riggysmalls, I'm looking forward to the fix in the update so I can play again - it's a challenge having a new super awesome park to skate but not being able to skate it the way I want - thanks for your attention, can't wait for the fix!

8. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The issue has already been fixed on our end but unfortunately, it was a bit hard for us to rush out an update in this case.

There will be an update out late in March. Probably before the 20th.

9. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Thanks for the heads up Luke! Look forward to the bug fix!

10. mfko2

mfko2 New Member

Mar 9, 2015
    #1210 mfko2, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    dont need to buy it... i already had and i didnt buyed... i downloaded it from some website

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Pirating a $2 app. How bad are things for you ?

12. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    New skate park out and the pushing glitch is fixed

13. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks.

The new course is from Skatepark of Tampa.

14. Vaze

Vaze New Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Nice one, but i certainly prefer the exterior ones, like infinite loop or the Valley.

15. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I still have an issue since the Valley update where the game completely freezes for a second every few minutes on iPod Touch 5. I hope you fix this cause it's really annoying and interferes with my game.

16. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah i've been having that same bug since forever. Mentioned it here months ago, but got no response.

Every once and a while the game freezes for a second or two. Only happens one time after every boot up though. iPhone 5s

17. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    I've had this on valley as well. It's the only map that's done it for me too. Iphone 6

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't think we have seen this freeze issue our selves, although, we should probably try to remember to take a look into it. We probably didn't test for long enough on the iPhone 5s. It sounds really odd that it would only happen on the valley, however.

The only problem is, I tend to loose track of everything we are meant to be doing.

I know that the deck wear causes some performance lost on older devices like the iPhone 4 and 3Gs and the original iPad.

19. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Hi Luke! I've got an iPhone 6, and it only seems to happen right when I pop. I've only noticed it on valley, but I've really only played valley and Tampa over the last week. If I can find out more specifics I'll let you know :)

20. dontdiewondering

Feb 20, 2014
    Stoked

Thanks True Axis - so stoked the 2 finger glitch is fixed, and I am also enjoying the Tampa Park. The Valley is super awesome, love the ability to do long lines with so much variation. I love all the parks, they all have their own challenges and potentials, keep up the great work.

Looking forward to more content, I am insatiable for more. I was thinking it might be easy for you guys to create a super long halfpipe with varying channels, extensions, etc. Doesn't have to be complicated, just something big and very long so you can take advantage of the incredible speed you can build up in this game - even the biggest halfpipes feel way too small to me.

Thanks again!