Universal True Skate - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 17, 2012.

1. staticgerbil

staticgerbil New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Hi Dontdie,

I've had a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, what iOS version are you running on the iPhone 6? That might help debug the kamcord freezing issue.

Kamcord will let you post without being logged into their service and that will affect what videos you see. Any chance that your old device, your new device or both are logged out of your Kamcord account? Might be worth making sure they're both logged in correctly to the same account. You can do that using the Kamcord UI inside True Skate.

True Axis Account. At the moment there is a couple of ways you can get the account details across to the new phone but both will require you still have access to your 4s.
    You could enable iCloud on your 4s (in True Skate) and login to your old account and then enable iCloud on your new phone. That should allow them to share their game details.
    Another way is to attach a facebook account to your old account on the 4s and then log in with facebook on the new phone. That should also enable you to get your old account onto your new device.

Hopefully some of that helps :)

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

FREE again!!!

Please, folks, do me a favor and head over in the Freebies forum RIGHT NOW! There are more excellent gifts today than in the recent X-Mas/New Year sale all together believe me.

Duet Game, Framed (all free for the FIRST time), Kingdom Rush (SD+HD), Earn to Die 2, Tiny Ore, Sliding Sam, Conundrum, Warlords ClassicÂ…

3. kinnik

kinnik Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Hello Luke and all true skaters! I must say I am completely obsessed with this game. My friends have tried it and one has said that GTA5 and THIS GAME are the best games ever made. I'm tempted to agree. Being a computer programmer myself, I'm quite amazed at the physics that root this game!

I ride purely transistional / flow style (in real life... I'm in my 30's and care about my knees) and I'm amazed that I'm able to recreate this in the game!

I would like to address my main issue with riding tranny in game. Namely rolling onto and pivoting out from grinding the coping (the 'rail' on the edge of a ramp). I can ollie into and out of the coping no problem but it's very difficult to simply pivot off the lip and drop in. By ollieing I most often lose a lot of my speed. When I attempt to kickturn / pivot off, my back truck slips off the coping and onto the flat, and my board bottems out (losing all my speed again).

I feel like this 'may' be a problem with manuels still being VERY difficult (due to very little space on my phone screen). I've found that if I can 5-0 grind without touching my tail, I *think* I can kickturn / pivot without my tail sliping out.. but I've only managed to do this a few times.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well.. ?? I'm planning to make a video explaining better, as well as maybe making a video tutorial that shows all the tips I've learned about how to ride flow smoothly! (how to pump angles, various ways to drop in, smooth kickturns on ramps, smooth transitions over coping, ect ect..)

Cheers! Awesome game, thank you!! I will definiatly buy all the parks ya'll release!

4. dontdiewondering

dontdiewondering Active Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Partial Fix

Thanks Luke - I connected both of my phones to iCloud - it didn't work immediately, but today my new phone was suddenly able to access the videos I have saved since transitioning to my new phone.

Unfortunately, I still can't see any of the videos I had saved previously to the new phone - I can still see them listed in my Profile, but when I select them, they show 0:00 and nothing happens - then my screen freezes when I exit and I have to restart the app.

My Player# on the Best Line top 10 is still the new # as well.

I am on an iPhone 6, updated today to ios 8.1.2 (12B440) to see if that would help.

Think there's any way to get my old Player # back, and/or access the videos saved prior to the transfer?

At least my new videos work, and I can make more! Seriously, this game is so awesome and I keep discovering new lines, tricks, ideas - super grateful and will continue to support everything you guys put out!

5. dontdiewondering

dontdiewondering Active Member

Feb 20, 2014
    I agree with the difficulty in exiting grinds on transition - this game is so awesome and has come so far, and I think this is one of the biggest areas that could be addressed to improve flow/realistic feeling. We could brainstorm ideas on how to improve the game - in my mind, if I'm in a 50-50, or any kind of grind really, I would like to just slide my finger back in to the transition to signify to the game that I want to end the grind and come back in.

I am also in the habit of ollieing or trying to swipe just right to continue back into the transition, but I know that I have tried to accept and adapt to how the game functions when trying to exit grinds. I noticed the awesome video recreating the Gold medal runs on the SLS park didn't include the simple quarterpipe grinds, probably for this reason.

Anyone have other ideas how to improve the controls for coming out of grinds?

6. kinnik

kinnik Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Yay! I'm glad someone understood my post! Im planning on making a video to explain this better but my phone is not whitelisted by the recording api (Motorola Moto G 2nd gen). It would be great if the author could whitelist this for me. I'll take a video with a camera for the time being...

My thoughts are based on playing purely realistic mode, with TONS of practice playing flow style (tranny stylez). ;) The game is really close to working just fine as is. The way to cleanly exit a grind on a ramp lip is to pivot like a kick turn (pull the tail the opposite direction that you want your board to turn) then release and drop your front foot down to drop in. This is identical to real life and would not be to hard with some practice.

I think the issue is that kick turns are currently buggy, it seems. Your ability to Kick turn changes basic on the camera angle. You can test this by trying to kick turn while in the over head camera. If the cam is looking from above kick turn direction is reversed!

There is also an issue with getting "stuck" on a lip. If your finger is on the board when you go to roll into a ramp, you often end up grinding when realisticly you would simply roll in. You can take your fingers off the board to keep from catching the lip but once your stuck you can't pivot anymore... :/

Videos will help explain I hope.. Soon.

7. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1187 luketrueaxis, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    I'm not sure how sharing videos between devices works. I would have thought that if you have the same kamcord device on both you would be able to access the same videos.

If your old player iD came across, it should be in the profile->accounts screen.

I think most of the things you guys are complaining about really bug me as well. It has been really tough finding any time to look into it properly though. There have been way too many distractions recently.

Kick turns work heaps better now then with the initial launch, and we have made various improvements to the lip grinds system too, but it would definitely be a lot better if it was easier to roll onto a grind when you want, then roll off when you want. I am not sure how well I remember what is going on, but I think the controls currently don't differentiate between rolling on and off. If you turn to tightly when you are rolling on, you will roll straight off. If we made it easier to roll off, then you would always roll off as soon as you roll on. It may not actually be that hard to improve, although, it is often the case that small changes have unexpected consequences.

I think there are a few other complications apart from that as well. I definitly wince every time I see the board get stuck on a 50-50 lip grind on a steep transition at an angle that would be impossible to stand on the board on for more then a fraction of a second.

8. kinnik

kinnik Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Lol about the 90 degree 50-50 stalls ;)

Thanks for the reply! And I totally agree that the game must have come a looong way to be as good as it is today. I've been playing this game ever day for months now, which is entirely unheard of for my attention span. Like, no game since the initial release of Daggerfall (1996).

I'll be patient and wait eagerly for upcoming development! I'm, obviously really stoked and I'd like to support this game in every way I can. I'd like to both brainstorm ways to further improve physics and I'd like to start making tutorial videos with tips on riding transitions and half-pipes.

Is there any chance we could get an option to whitelist all devices in Kamcord in the next release? I tried using my camcorder but it looked really bad and made riding way harder... :p

Thanks again! Awesome work.

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1189 oscar123967, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Never mind

10. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    The new update 1.3.12 should be filtering through the App Store.

This version has a new skatepark: the valley which is a new outdoor park.

There's also various bug fixes in the update.

Enjoy :)

11. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I stopped buying the parks when you were only doing the competition courses but this new one looks nice, I'll buy it.

Can you make cleaning/repairing deck damage free for those who paid for unlimited deck customization? I feel a bit cheated.

Thanks.

12. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I thought it was free in that case. might have to double check that. You can certanly set a new image to have the deck rested

13. Exile

Exile Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    student
    usa
    #1193 Exile, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Hey Luke I can't seem to download the new park, it just says "Waiting for data from server." Nothing happens when I tap the picture and try to buy it.

Edit: Re-downloading fixed it.

14. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    By the looks of it the new IAP is not activated from ituneconnect. Luke is actually on vacation at the moment. It seems I don't have permission to turn it on. I've emailed Luke to inform him of the situation and as soon as he goes online to read his mail the IAP will be activated.

Sorry about this mix-up but hopefully will be sorted out soon when Luke gets online.

15. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    The IAP is now activated. Hopefully people can download the new park now :)

And sorry for the mess up!

16. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Let us know if you are still having any issues with this. If it isn't fixed by its self now, you may need to try the advice on our support page: http://trueaxis.com/supporttrueskateios.html

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #1197 NOEN, Feb 26, 2015
    Nice! A new park! Always look forward to new stuff in this game.

FYI. I just tried downloading The Valley and is still says, "Waiting for contact from server." Just a heads up.

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Seems to be a bit of this complaint happening. Could you please try logging out of the app store and trying again. There is a bunch of more detailed advice around this on our support page liked just before.

19. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #1199 Naked Snake, Feb 26, 2015
    Last night I had the same issue trying to buy the park, but today it worked with no problem. The new park is very nice! The competition courses did not appeal to me at all but I will continue to buy any of these original ones, keep making them.

I own the unlimited deck customization and when I tell the game to repair my skateboard it says "Do you want to repair the wear on your board for 1000TC?"

20. wristtattoo

wristtattoo Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Designer / Developer
    Lincolnshire, UK
    New level The Valley is awesome. Must do the death gap. It must be achieved!