Universal True Skate - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 17, 2012.

1. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    It does, but it is pretty minimal for first release. If we had all that already, we would probably charge more then $1.99, but we are looking forward to adding a lot more with updates. I think we will end up adding a lot of missions, but I'm not sure on the time line yet, we have a lot of JCS2 work to do as well.

There is a trick book to fill up. I guess I should publish the full list so people can try to unlock them all. There are a small number of Game Center attachments that we will add more too with time.

2. anada

anada Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hey mate I know this has just came out, but what are your plans for this? More parks? Multiplayer? Unlockable boards? Etc. there are a ton of possibilities and I can't wait to watch this evolution.

I think multiplayer with a HORSE type game would work well.

Having a blast with this on my iPhone 5, wish I had an iPad, would be awesome on there

3. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Noted. Thanks for the explanation :cool:

4. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Bought! Out in the US!

5. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    #65 Bankai44, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
  7. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
  8. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This game takes skill and I like that! Definetly worh it.

9. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Haha it would be cool if we could compete with other people in some way ;p like longest comboes or highest score ;p that would be cool and it would determine who the best player is !

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Has anyone been able to do a front foot impossible? I'm also having trouble getting any air off the quarter-pipe.

11. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #71 luketrueaxis, Oct 18, 2012
    We have a challenge system in the works which will hopefully eventually make it in to an update.

I'm not sure you can get much air on the vert quarter pipe, although you can do a wall ride from the other side to try get some speed up. Holding down on the board while on a curv will help you pump to pick up speed, which isn't in the instructions anywhere. We really focused on the street mechanics for this game though, we might look at improving the vert stuff in an update seeing as in real life I did many years of vert skating. (Although, mostly aggressive inline rather then skateboarding)

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #72 sapphire_neo, Oct 18, 2012
    Holding the board helps, you should add it to the tips in one of the tutorials. Will you be adding a grab mechanic at some point? Maybe something like adding another finger to the screen during air to grab. That would hugely increase the variety of stuff you can do, not that there's not an insane amount of stuff already available. My trick book is chock full!

Tricks I've seen so far,

13. Fireman4200

Fireman4200 Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Bartender
    Idaho
    Download True Skate right now!

I found a way to download True skate right now, I just downloaded it like a hour ago. I live in USA, Washington and my App Store don't have it when I search but when I go to this link, it pops right up. Worked for me and both my brothers where all busting out some true skate right now finally! Try it, see if it works for you. I got sonic jump already like a hour ago too. http://toucharcade.com/link/https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/true-skate/id549105915

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow, if you managed to pull of all those tricks already, I am impressed.

I think I noticed some missing like a blunt slide, or a nose blunt. They are a good challenge to pull off.

The trick book doesn't record late tricks and combos.

I just couldn't think of a good way to make grabs work, so I decided to focus on most everything else. I just felt they wouldn't feel real enough, although, to be honest, I didn't think a lot about it, maybe it is worth investigating a bit.

15. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I've read so far that there is GC support but does it have legit achievements? Aka not just 1-5 point ones like some games have.

I can't wait to try it out on an ipad

16. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Finally, I'm number 1 on some leaderboard, even if it just came out.

17. W4TSON

W4TSON Member

May 9, 2012
    Customer Service
    Aloha, Or.
    Are there any achievements? I mean, they never did add Game Center achievements to Jet Car Stunts & I'd hate for there to be a repeat of that with this game. Does anyone know if it has any?

18. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, there are some achievements, although we have left a lot of room for more.

Still thinking about JCS achievements for game center, although, perhaps getting the JCS2 development moving faster would be for the better.

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #79 sapphire_neo, Oct 18, 2012
    Yay! I'm #3 on the leaderboards :D That will probably change to #1,384 by next week though haha

Edit: #1 now for about a minute! The rewind feature really helps in recreating a winning setup quickly.

20. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Game Impressions

I would have given this no more than three stars because of lack of content and difficult controls. I feel that many times it's unresponsive to gestures and is all around frustrating. The skate park is small and redoing the same tricks over and over gets pretty boring. The missions range from either incredibly easy or completely impossible.