Universal True Skate - (by True Axis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Surely it has Game Center?

2. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
  3. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I haven't read the review but, its a bit sad to get that kind of review when it's half the price of Touch Grind, although, maybe Appspy didn't think much of that either. Otherwise, people can always wait and see if we follow through on our plans too add more content.

Yes

4. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Yessssssssir ! Can't wait ...the physics will allow my old 37 yr old azz to be able to 360 kick flip again! Old skaters unite...n grab this baby!

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    No worries, I think he was talking about the game Topia getting 3/5, not True Skate! This will be higher I'm sure. : )

6. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh, ok... sorry app spy, like I said, I hadn't ready the review;)

It is true that we decided to launch early to get it out there to keep people from having to wait for ever. I'm already itching to get into some updates, I have so many things I want to add, but we also have to do JCS 2 which is more behind now. I guess we will see what peoples feed back is like before deciding exactly what to do.

7. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Lol, I was thinking the same thing! I remember hanging with friends, reading Transworld and watching Bones Brigade videos. Man, good times.

8. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm so excited that I nearly burnt down my house using my microwave;) Seriously.

Every other time we released an app, we didn't set a fixed date, the count down certainly builds a lot more anticipation. I really hope people enjoy the game!

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Topia 3/5 I know true skate will be better than touchgrind. Just make sure to update it regularly so when touchgrind 2 comes out you will still be in the lead :)

10. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    INSTABUY so excited :D. Still gotta wait 12 hours though :(

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This is definitely something that's gonna require updates to truly shine. It looks like we've got the foundations for "the" killer skateboard app here, so it would be a shame to leave it feeling more like a demo and not take the opportunity to flesh it out.

I got bored of Topia within minutes. Building a world sounds exciting, but I knew exactly how it'd play out and in the end it turned out no different to various level editors I've used hundreds of times over the years. True Skate already looks way ahead of that in terms of being closer to an actual game and skateboarding by its very nature hands you hundreds, if not thousands of personal objectives to complete, even if the app itself doesn't hand them to you. I expect to be wasting a lot of time on this.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    This is going to look SWEET on my iPad! As big fan of Touchgrind it was an instabuy the day it was announced, and True Axis slapping their name on it makes it that much better. Loving everything thus far. :D

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Edit: Wrong thread, sorry!

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Same dudes that made Jet Car Stunts?

All in.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, True Axis is amazing... even though I'm not really into skating, I'll pick this one up just to show some support... =oP

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Can't wait until 8 rolls around. Picking this up for sure!

17. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Heck yeah, instabuy!

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bought this and I have to say i am impressed. The controls work well, the graphics are great, and the physics are just plain FANTASTIC. The physics is where this game truly shines. At times it could feel floaty, but that is done so that it will be "visible" as to when you need to touch your skateboard. But the game feels great.

Only comment i have is that sometimes the swipes dont register, but im thinking that might just be me making mistakes where I touch and how I swipe.

So far it's good, and it's a pretty unique way to play with a skateboard on the ipad3.

19. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Getting this after saw a couple videos of it, waiting till its in US app store. Looks real good.

Would be great to be able to create your own skateboard?

Also would be sweet if you could implant a multiplayer competition in the game, that lasts a week and first place person that had the highest score, gets special wheels for there skateboard, also a sticker showing there place they got in. 2nd place and down to 100th place gets a sponser sticker, showing what place they got in and paste it on there board.

What would be sweet, if we could create our own skate park and upload it, to be picked to be in the game for everyone to play, or a community playground. We create our skateparks and upload them to there server, or whatever Sandbox game does, then start playing on the park :)

20. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    What time will it be released in the US App Store?