Universal Truck Trials 2: Farm House 4x4 - A crazy and challenging off-road adventure!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hondune, May 30, 2015.

1. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Well im loving this, been playing through some of the levels then going back and trying them in first person view and wow is that a challenge! I'm sure you should get more reward for completing them in 1st person :D
    I don't want this game to end.
    Please give me an endless randomly generated hill climb level that gets gradually steeper ;) maybe even the same but going down hill too.
    I'm busy saving up for the highest tier suspension at the minute.

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea. An endless hill climb and hill drop would be nice!

3. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Couple of ideas/suggestions.
    I'd like to be able to position the camera and have it stay there for each track, like maybe position it where you want it then press a button to keep that camera. As I usually have the camera a little bit higher than the default 3rd person camera.
    Also it would be cool if we could alter the stiffness of the suspension.
    Well that's all for now.
    I've got my first truck almost maxed. Just saving for the final engine upgrade.

4. cnewhall

cnewhall Member

Jun 11, 2012
    A $4 game with IAPs? That's the only thing that stopped me from buying this. Can somebody explain to me how they work in this game?

5. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    The IAP is just to buy extra in game money if you want to speed things up.

6. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    One other thing I will say is. I think the money rewards for finishing a track should have scaled with the tracks difficulty because when getting the money for upgrades it's to easy to just keep repeating track one (which can be finished in 8 seconds) you get the same reward at the end of it as a track that takes you over a minute to finish.
    I usually prefer it when the upgrades are unlocked through progression tho as right now I'm up to a track my truck just can't do because I need a better engine. So I'm off to play track one for some extra gold. :D
    Still absolutely loving the game but it's going to be one hell of a grind to save up for the other trucks and upgrade them if the money rewards don't get any better when I get further in?
    *wink* endless hill climb with cash reward for distance reached? ;)

7. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Great game! Had so much fun whit the levels I have played so far!!! I like the inside view, the physics and graphics!!!

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Exact same here, wouldn't think of getting this through a promo as I've been waiting quite awhile for this to drop, loving it ATM :)

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, I've been doing the same. Grinding level one to gain extra money. I need to upgrade my engine. My truck barely made it past the last level.

....but yea. I've been having a LOT of fun with this game this weekend. I was hooked on Nubs Adventure until I picked this one up. I'm actually liking how it's slower paced. I've been wanting a slower rock crawler type game for awhile now. This is about the closest Thays come to it.

10. Hondune

Hondune Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    #30 Hondune, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    So excited you guys are enjoying it so much! Its awesome to see people playing the game after working on it for so long :)

The game was designed entirely without them, i added the ability to purchase more in game coins after the game was completed simply because i knew people would be happy to buy some coins so they can get a fully upgraded vehicle right from the start. They are absolutely unnecessary, and i even give away free coins through codes on twitter. Sorry if it seamed bad to you, they arent at all intrusive or necessary i promise!

Playing track one for quick coins is a valid strategy. Having the coins scale as you get through levels is a good idea actually, my hope though was that people would replay levels enough for leaderboard positions that it woulnt be too much of an issue. You can make enough money for upgrades pretty quickly on that first level though ;) Also remember that you can sell your truck for 75% its cost (including all of the upgrades) and use that money towards getting a new, better vehicle! I highly recommend the Buckaroo or the Buck Special :)

An endless style of gamemode is an interesting idea, itd be very cool but pretty difficult to add for a full 3d game (mostly for visuals). I had thought for some time about adding a mode that would randomly generate a track for you, but it ended up being impossibly to make an algorithm that could place obstacles in a logical way :p

Edit: Also about the camera, i originally had it saving the cameras position between levels (i personally like an offset camera a bit to the side) but people kept getting their camera all screwy (by moving it around to see what they were doing) and then complaining that it didnt reset when they restarted the level. I cant win!

11. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Thanks for the tips :D just sold my starter truck and bought the buckaroo and still had some cash to upgrade it. I'll stick with this one for awhile before saving up and buying the buck special.

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ok I bought this thinking it was a side-on hill climber.... My fault I admit, but I was very pleasantly surprised by this. Good graphics, great physics and I'm finding it a lot of fun.

However....
    I hate the menu system with a passion. Absolutely don't get on with it at all. Everything seems vastly over complicated and the upgrade page is really quite tricky to read and navigate at first. Plus every time I want to start a level I've got to click once to go to the farm and then again to enter the level.

Just to be clear - I love the gameplay itself So I'll put up with the UI but it's really annoying me.

But hey ho might just be me....

13. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #33 RenTin850, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    This is a good game it really surprised me. Just started playing, I hope there is mud so you can drive in.

There is a side scrolling rock climbing game on android where you can use a winch on your vehicle to get through the obstacles. This sorta reminds me of it. Anyone know other good games like this?

14. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Could not agree more, great gameplay and still highly recommended... But please one button to get us started. Clicking the course we want then throwing us to the practice farm then having to click play again is not needed. The upgrade screens made no sense to me until I randomly tapped the yellow button with the cost on it.

Also I like to see a few courses that are extremely hard and have no timer, even no score would be fine! Just true slow paced "rock crawling." Maybe for a score have 100 points a perfect run, and penalize for knocking cones over? Like the normal score is but no timer if that makes sense? Hardcore mode, slow pace longer course with almost impossible obstacles. :D

15. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    The practice mode is pretty much exactly what youre asking for, once you get to the later levels. Super hard with no timer :p

the practice farm IS the level youre about to play, the idea was that you could screw around on every level in the game freely this way, crash your car, whatever, and then actually play the level for a score when youre ready. Everyone asked for it in the first game and i couldnt think of a better way to incorperate free roam on all the levels. Sorry if the ui seams a bit complicated, im still learning!

16. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    It's really a great game, totally digging it! Hope it can catch some traction in the App Store. My only true criticism is once we buy a upgrade it should be unlocked for that vehicle, anything after that would just be a cherry on top :D

A++ would buy again, ha

17. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    #37 Sexy Pirate, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    I've just finished the level "circus acts" and wow holy hell some of these levels are Hard! But with persistance and taking it slow you can make it through them.
    Really enjoying the harder levels, especially the rock climb ones :D

Edit. I really wish the menu was a bit easier to navigate. Maybe have the levels in a list because it's a pain if your wanting to find a level by scrolling through them all.

2nd edit.
    Woo well I'm up to the last level and jeeee this one will take a while to finish its 38 check points!!!
    One tip I would give people is don't be in a rush to upgrade your suspension or tyres, I've done all the levels with the starting suspension &I the maxed engine and tyres. But sometimes the largest tyres get in the way.
    I'd say upgrade engine then tyres and don't bother with suspension.
    I'm using the buck special car since I sold my first and second car and settled for this one since I thought the most expensive one must be the best :D

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol. I was getting stuck on the Field Goal level and finally figured out that it was easier jumping my truck through the goal posts rather than trying to aim the beach ball.

19. Hondune

Feb 22, 2009
    The buck special is great because you can get huge tires without upgrading suspension, keeps the center of gravity nice and low but still lets you drive over everything. Gotta be careful with other vehicles though, the big tires will slam into the wheel wells if you dont have high enough suspension :p

hey, whatever works! If you can make it go for it!

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ugh! "High Rise" is driving me nuts! Lol, no pun intended.