Universal Trouble With Robots (by Play-Asia.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 26, 2014.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    That seems like a good set up, I'd swap out Wisdom and add Glory though, for the healing.

My favourite deck at the moment is something like this:
    Elven Archers
    Tactician
    Ranger or Slow Motion
    Invigorate
    Glory
    Stampede
    Mining Guild

For a 9 card deck, add a damage spell and Ranger or Slow Motion (whichever you didn't already have)

It only works for levels where there aren't many ranged attackers (because ranged attackers will quickly kill your elves) and honestly it's not the best deck, but it is so fun when you have a lot of elves + centaurs (they can attack at range too) powered up with Invigorate / Tactician massacring enemies under the influence of Slow Motion, before they can even get fully on screen.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game - I can tell that a lot of work has gone in to it, even though it might not seem like there are many cards (when compared to other deck building games) there are a lot of different types of deck you can make. The "limited" mode adds a nice challenge.

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #42 Lazer Kat, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Am I completely missing something, or is the entire game - including the two IAP episodes - only 13 levels and 2 special challenge levels?

I'm not complaining, I got the game and IAPs for free, and I absolutely love it. I just think I may be missing something.

3. Flavor

Flavor Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Yeah, that does not sound right. Would you want to post a screenshot of your main map screen?

4. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #44 Lazer Kat, Nov 30, 2014
    No problem, here ya go. Also, you'll notice my upgrades tab is grayed out, so I can no longer access that. I miscounted it seems. Looking at the screenshot now I see 15 levels + the 3 special challenge levels, however in the app description I believe it mentions 26 + 6 challenge levels (so it appears I'm missing about half of the game).
    Do these simply open up later?
    I haven't beaten every level on hard yet, but it would be nice to have a visual clue, maybe see the levels and know I have to work to get them (fwiw - I think people would really like the ability to glance at the levels and see the ones completed, and which difficulty Theyve beaten them with).

Awesome game guys. Definitely my gotw.

Attached Files:

5. Flavor

Flavor Member

Nov 26, 2014
    #45 Flavor, Nov 30, 2014
    Okay, there's definitely something odd here. It appears that you have yet to beat "Keep Off The Grass" which is the level just above the "C" in the CREDITS button. If you touch that level, you could post a screenshot of the dialog that describes the level. Otherwise, try playing it through (even on EASY), and let me know if it unlocks another level.

Thanks!

EDIT: By the way, there is a little indication for glancing (like you asked for). If you hold your finger down on the main map screen, it will show all the awards achieved in each level. It can be very small on the phone screen, but it shows the award after each level's name. If you drag your finger to any level (without lifting it up), it will show a larger version in the top-left. If you let up on your finger (while on a level), it will show the information in the level info popup (which I mentioned for another screenshot). I get that it's probably not all intuitive.

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If you hold down your finger on the map screen (on empty space not over a level) it displays this information.

7. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Thank you very much
    That was indeed the problem
    I thought I had already completed that level

IMO, the menu needs some work In this area. It seems you could just make the level marker gold, silver, bronze, or yellow for unbeaten.

8. Flavor

Flavor Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Yes, this is something we understand. Especially on the small phone screens, the main map menu has a lot going on. There has already been a lot of time put in on trying to make this as usable as possible.

What are you guys thinking of the game after a few days of playing (or for those of you that are just finding it)? We have had awesome ratings and reviews on iTunes so far. I definitely wish we had a lot more, but I'm quite pleased reading the comments.

It's been very difficult for me to get this game noticed. Does anyone have any tips or ideas how or where to spread the word?

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm going to give this a try and I have a question. Can the later chapters be unlocked via gameplay or are they strictly IAP?

10. Flavor

Flavor Member

Nov 26, 2014
    They are strictly IAP. You can keep playing the "Chapter 1" levels as much as you want and earning stars, but the later Chapters (and the content that comes with them) can only be unlocked by upgrading.

Definitely post your reactions to the game (here or elsewhere) and let us know what you think.

11. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    So far Im really liking it. More than meets the eye. I wish I had poked around when it first came out but i will most likely purchase the combo upgrade..hopefully you will get enough of these purchases to continue to add content.

12. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

The restore purchase failed! It asked me for my iTunes password but after I input it the app told me the password is incorrect. I'm sure I type my password correct. Luckily I still have it on my old ipad 4. It's just doesn't restore my purchase on my iPad Air. I'm trying to move the contents to my newer iPad Air

13. Flavor

Flavor Member

Nov 26, 2014
    This is really odd. I think that TWR doesn't have control over the "incorrect password" issue. It's just a message that Apple sends to TWR.

If this issue persists, please send me a private message, as I would like to try to figure it out.

One other thing you could try is to just purchase the exact same items you did previously. Apple should tell you that you already purchased it, and then ask if you want to get it for free. Basically, it's like restoring. Just be sure that if you purchased the bundle, do that again. If you purchased Ch2, then Ch3, do that again. The 3 options are all separate purchase options (in the mind of Apple) even though the bundle seems like you're getting 2 purchases in 1.

14. Flavor

Flavor Member

Nov 26, 2014
  15. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

The restore purchase is a success. I waited the next day and problem solved. No password was needed this time. Touched the restore purchase button and whoa la! Just like magic the IAPs were restored :) It was probably an Apple glitch

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #56 Talbs, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    Played it just then, and got hooked for a little while there. It's a little addictive working out what card combinations to use to beat those pesky robots. I bet it becomes a real doozy at much higher levels though when there's a lot more variables.
    There's a bit of synergy going on with the cards too which is nice. For instance some cards increase the max health of units, which adds to the health of the units straight away as well, so if u have any units left to summon your best move is to summon them first and then the unit with the health boost effect last, so that all units take advantage of the effect. Things like that to consider make for a good game. Not far enough into it yet though.

One thing I'm not that keen on is in the deck editor, whenever you select an unchecked card just to view it's effect, it will add the card to the deck. You then have to deselect it. Not sure there's a better way around this. Won't be such an issue as you play along and know the card effects without selecting them, but for newcomers I'm constantly unselecting the card I just viewed. Maybe just select, and then select again to add. Afterall, how big does your deck get? I'm up to 7 cards max now only, so it's not a lot of cards to select anyway. There's currently more unselecting than selecting!

Also, maybe a better indication of what's in your deck. A little green triangle in the top right corner isn't all that eye catching. At least maybe another colour that stands out..or highlight the borders significantly. Just something more. I'm always chasing my eyes around the editor screen to make sure I got everything, and then rechecking.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    That would be extremely irritating. Maybe there could be an option in Settings to turn this on and off eg single tap or double tap to select?

9 cards I think, but it varies, some of the later levels have 5 or 7 max too.

Just fyi the "clear" button deselects everything.

Once you have selected the maximum number of cards, the ones you have not selected are dimmed. But until you have selected the maximum, it's not very clear I agree.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    On the possible select and then select again to add to deck. That is how nearly most deck editors are done. It's not extremely irritating it's standard practice. Check out one ccg for example...maybe at the top of the pecking order (most polish), hearthstone. Does the deck editor there simple use one tap to add to deck. No. One tap allows you to view the card. Then check out shadow era. And the list goes on.

However, granted this deck is small at 9 cards and after a while you'll know exactly what you want. But extremely irritating it is not. Simply standard.

Agree on the rest.

19. Flavor

Flavor Member

Nov 26, 2014
    I've been making notes about all the discussion that goes on here. There's some really good ideas. Right now, I'm pretty busy with the Android stuff and basically trying to get TWR noticed among other things.

I think the deck editor could use some work, and I think there are some good points/ideas here. Thanks again guys!

20. sine909

sine909 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    California
    For whatever reason I just cannot get this game to run (iPad mini retina LTE). It loads, but hard locks 100% of the time when I try to create a user profile. I've tried deleting, wiping from Game Center, and everything else I can think of - always the same issue.

Anyone else, or any ideas? It looks fun.