Trism revisit

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nickels, Aug 26, 2009.

1. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    I am playing infinitism, and I am at a point where I am not really getting high scores but each game could last me forever if I really wanted it to. I've been playing my current game for well over a week with no sign of being close to losing. I am starting to think my strategy is more about survival then points.

The crazy thing is that one game I played for about half hour and had over 25 million from one crazy awesome (an accidental) chain reaction. This current game I am barely over 36 million after playing it for what now seems like a lifetime.

Anyone have some good strategies for getting points? I am not in starshine mode as I am too lazy to figure it out.

2. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    That's the way though - Starshine mode. You just have to link up 6 Rainbow Trisms and you get like 100 million points. I always lacked patience to set it up though. The thing is, some bombs can't be diffused towards the end, as you said you're playing survival rather than points. In starshine mode (ask Zincous the moderator actually, he's world champion) you get to a trillion something points before level 10.

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #3 Zincous, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    Haha my score was beat recently :eek:

My game right now is at 14.5 trillion on level 7 though :p, but I haven't played it in like 3 months.

And OP, for a normal mode strategy your going to want to do "holed eclipses" to get the most points in combos in normal mode ;)

We call them "holed eclipses" basically, you line up three rainbow around a gap in an eclipse shape. Then make a match with a different rainbow and after the holes get filled in with a certain color, which will form an eclipse continuing of the chain. This now puts your starting value of the eclipse higher because of the multiplier effect and the chain exponentially will be bigger for after the boards clears and continues. I know that really helps players in normal mode infinism.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Zincous, I have been meaning to ask you this question for a long time. How long did it take you to get that score? :)

5. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Which one? 14.5 by level 7? Back in the day, about 2 days of playing on and off for a few hours.

6. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    Yeah! Wow, you must be really smart. Trism is always a good challenging puzzle game for me but I always get stuck at some spots and can't figure it out. It's a great game though. ;)

7. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah it is. Here some pictures to look at in awe :eek: lol :D

[​IMG]

(That's actually level 6, but the gravity is upside down so the level looks like 9, you can see that by the rest of my score is upside down too)

8. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    Holy Crap. :eek:

9. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol....yeah I haven't played recently at all though. I've been into openfeint achievements nowadays.

10. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I'm done with openfeint stuff, the interface looks awful to me =P

The guys behind it need to join up with ngmoco to expand plus+ :D

11. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Have you seen the new UI? Like in uggles' new update, or baggage control?

It's not bad.

12. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Is it the interface with the green glow?

13. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  14. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Just downloaded baggage control, and WOW, that's waaaay better =O

But... I prefer blue :p

15. nickels

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    PA, USA
    Quick update: over three weeks later, same game still going, and I am at over 140,000,000 points in infinism with no end in sight. I am half tempted to kill myself at this point. I have so many supertrisms there is almost no way for me to lose without doing it on purpose.

[​IMG]

I may set the record for longest game, even though my score will not reflect it!

PS - what is that rainbow bar filling up at the bottom?

Once this ends it's time to learn starshine mode.

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I like to think of myself as smart and enjoying puzzles, but Trism just makes me scratch my head. Am I supposed to look at the stuff off screen? To play to shake the device 4 different ways? I just have no clue.

Basically, the game makes me feel stupid. I have a wife for that.

17. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No, not the longest game. My games, and some other peoples games have taken well over 3 weeks. They are into 2+ months on their games. So you got a ways to go.

The rainbow bar on the bottom is your level meter. When it fills all the way up to the right, you go onto the next level. After level 30, the infinity symbols is always the level indicator though. Once your game is over, you'll be able to see what level you made it to.

Have you tried holed eclipses yet?

18. nickels

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    PA, USA
    WTF is a holed eclipse?

I did the tutorial really fast a while ago now I just play and am often amazed at random disappearances of trisms on the screen. Is it ever explained for example, that if you diffuse a bomb with a super trism that all of the trisms of that color on the screen disappear? There are some other random rules that seem to affect various trisms on the screen, but I can't figure it out.

19. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    really? o.o

20. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I already explained that on the first page:

And not all things are explained in the tutorials, no.