iPad Trism Lite

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schooze, Apr 27, 2009.

1. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
  2. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
  3. schooze

Oct 11, 2008
    Free? as far as I know this game was never free.

4. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Another senior member who has never heard of AppShopper

Apr 13 Version 1.4
    Mar 12 Version 1.3
    Oct 19 Version 1.2
    Sep 23 $4.99 -> $2.99
    Sep 11 Free -> $4.99
    Aug 30 $4.99 -> Free
    Aug 29 Version 1.1
    Aug 27 New App: $4.99, v1.0

http://appshopper.com/games/trism

5. schooze

Oct 11, 2008
    I've heard of appshopper but appshopper isn't exactly 100% reliable, if I'm remembering it correctly, because that was right around the time I bought my touch there was a mistake that made it free, and I believe it had to be removed from the appstore, and later put back up.

6. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Trism is a great game. The guy who made it, I think its Steve Deminer(please confirm?), made some BANK off this game. He deserves it.

7. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    ah here we go again about wether Trism was ever free....

Well I believe what others have said that it was priced free maybe by mistake then shortly taken down for two weeks. So basically it was never free from what others have said. That is why people say not to totally trust appshopper cause it doesnt take in account when and if a game was taken down for a period of a time.

Anyway woo finally a lite version bout time....no I haven't bought this yet I need lite versions to decide for myself. I generally dont like match 3's unless they are done well like Gemmed. Or have other things like Puzzle Quest going on.

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

#8 jchampl, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    correct, no copies were sold for free *maybe a couple on error*, it was an error on his part that he corrected right away, by removing the application. it then took a little over a week for the app to get reapproved and put back into the app store with the correct price.

9. schooze

Oct 11, 2008
    If I remember correctly some people got it free before it was removed anyway, don't know why we are debating this does it really matter if it was free, I paid for it and it was worth every penny and then some.

10. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    Obviously for some people it does I have seen countless numbers of people bringing it up on these forums. I think its dumb but thats what it is. And at the very least get people to understand that appshopper doesnt show everything like when and how long games are taken down.

Myself I just wouldnt buy it for reasons I stated above, for a dollar I dont mind impulse buying something. Anymore then that I prefer a lite version to see for myself if I like it I wouldn't mind paying 3 bucks for it at all.

11. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #11 Big Albie, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    Trism is one of the early iTunes games that I still have on my device. It may not be for everyone, but for me, I've always liked the sliding of the tiles. Plus, it has unlockable levels and achievements. It was worth what I paid for it...actually I got it when it was free.

Kidding...well worth what I paid for it, and now you have the lite version to try out.

12. schooze

Oct 11, 2008
    Oh don't get me wrong i agree that lite version is a necessity now a days but when I first got my touch this was considered one of the, if not the best game on the appstore, now there's how many apps coming out each minute you have to prove that your app is worth the purchase

13. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    Yep and I didn't have mine back then and like you said I'm sure I would've picked it up then without a lite version. But again as you mentioned theres so many games now, alot of good ones and many many more bad ones lol. I've already spent a ton on games in the short few months I have had my iphone and have a huge backlog of games to play already.

14. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Well hey, what do you know, it's finally out.

Hopefully this convinces you to get the full game. It's well worth it!

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't care. If the lite version satisfies me, I am choosing between either pay it in "full" or wait for further price drop.

Right now, d/l and fire the lite!

16. Scott30

Mar 19, 2009
    Slightly off topic but glad this and Drop 7 lites are now out as playing the lite of Drop 7 convinced me to buy it otherwise I would've passed it up unless it was a buck.

17. Demiforce_Support

Apr 18, 2009
    Wow you guys are quick.

Well yes our Lite version is now available.

Trism Lite offers the first 3 levels of Infinism and Terminism + 9 levels of Syllogism.

You can also sign up for an account and unlock achievements in the game. And if you upgrade to the full version, ALL your stats and achievements get carried over once you log in to Trism. So no worries of having to get an achievement or score twice :)

Hope you check out the lite version to see how you like it.

18. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    yay!! syncing now!

19. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    So far I'm not enjoying Trism. I'll have to give it some more time I guess, but right now I'm glad I didn't spend the $2.99 or $4.99 on this game. Maybe once I learn chains and combos it might get fun, but as it is right now it's just another match 3/bejeweled clone.

20. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    So many times a free version keeps me from paying. Ehh... it's ok, glad I didn't purchase. Too hard for me to enjoy.