Universal TripTrap - (by Duello Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 22, 2014.

1. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I'm still on iOS6 on my iPad2 and have no such GC problems. Lucky out-dated me :D
    (see, somebody tried to convince me to upgrade, and some day I probably have to to play the latest games, but for now I'm not missing much)

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just finished the game got all 480 cheeses, Your game has almost 100.000 players which is great in just two weeks, I also see that just 202 players finished the game, but If you take your time it takes a while to finish it. For me it was a great game too bad about Helmet Gate, but I want to say this If we all use helmets than the game is the same for everybody, because it still takes skill to use as few as possible, but score big time.

3. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    True, and it would be great to have both as different game modes with each their own leaderboard! But as long as the helmets cost money and there is one leaderboard only, then this is what I call mixing game modes, one paid, the other free

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, well it's up to the Developer, lets just wait and see.

5. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Indeed, for achievements that won't occur too often, we submit them each time. But normally Game Center knows that you already achieved it, so only shows you the banner once (it's also possible to have achievements that can be achieved more than once I think, but none of the ones in TripTrap are like that).

Had you seen to progress at higher than 70, and then it went back to 70? That does sound like a weird caching bug

Thanks! About the achievements, as long as you've seen the achievement banner once, I'm 99.99% sure that it's not an issue with something we do. But I'll try to investigate this some more to see what's going on

Congrats!
    Unfortunately, a lot of the players don't seem to have downloaded the app through the App Store. IIRC, only about 1/3 of all players have downloaded it through the App Store.
    We're not that concerned with 202 people finishing the whole game including puzzle modes, but quite a few people have not finished the first room. So, we're shifting around levels / making some levels a bit easier in the first room.

The thing is, we don't hold separate helmet-less scores now.. We could add a new separate helmet-less total score leader board -and this is my favourite solution- but then current players would have to play all the levels again, how would you feel about that?

6. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #126 saosijs, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Yeah, I guessed as much. I don't have a problem in re-playing the game completely. I would like to see per world (per room :)) leaderboards though, you can have over a hundred for that matter, but that is your choice. Also, a request for a start-the-countdown-clock-on-first-touch. After all this is not a reaction-time game (well, once a level is started, it can be a little bit :)) and it might help against any potential device differences

[edit] the only alternative I see is to keep the current leaderboards and up the score a little bit (say, give 40 or 50 points per second instead of 35), while also penalizing helmets of course, so that the players who want can replay and come up top.

7. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Update! (new score system implemented :D)

Roger, you just lost your helmet privileges and have to play with the "normal" people now :p

I have quickly played through Kitchen and the update also made some levels easier. The later Kitchen levels lost a few barricades. Personally I regret it, on 1-19 I lost a 3-cheese finish advantage for example, but understandably the dev must have wanted that more people play the game through the end (avoid too much drop-off).

And there is a total leaderboard! :cool:

Baris, thanks for this update!

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah thanks for the update gonna play some more now, waiting for the new room.

9. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Very glad you liked it, and thank you all for the scoring system suggestions!

The kitchen levels we indeed had to make less difficult.. The other sets are mostly untouched though (there might be a couple of changes that I don't remember). We had to do this because quite a few people seemed to get stuck in some levels of the first set.

For now, let me just tease that the new room will be pretty good :)

10. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #130 saosijs, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    Hey Roger, you're chef of the Kitchen! I can't find 200 points ...

[edit] Wait, how can "SaLeM B" have 214k in Kitchen Puzzle mode?

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #131 ROGER-NL, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    Well I think it's because of the helmets I used on level 20 before the update but dunno really.

I need to play kitchen puzzle see how far I come.

SalemB got me also.

12. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #132 saosijs, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Aaahhh, you're right! Old Helmet scores still influence the game. I read in this thread you have 11256 points on Kitchen-20:

That's more than I can get (without helmets), even after the update. I'm going to give up on this game :(

[edit] and the Total Score isn't the sum of the 8 other leaderboards. I added them and I am coming up 25k short. For Roger it is close to 4k short, for SaLeM B close to 12k short.

13. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    Looks good! I'll have a try! =)

14. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    The game is nice, but if you really want to compete on the leaderboard it turns out to be a bit expensive ($19.99 for infinite Helmets; read this thread)

15. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Since I installed iOS7 two weeks ago, some games do not synch up well. TripTrap is one of them (Pop to Save too). iOS7 has to do with it obviously, but for example Amigo Pancho has no such problem, so it seems that a game can program around this problem?

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just hit the number 1 spot on Living Room, without helmets, I am the Trip Trapper mwuhahaha.

17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    You look better with a helmet. Mwuhahaha back at you ;)

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Ouch! that hurts Ha Ha.

19. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    And again my Total Score is not updating. It is hit and miss. Sometimes, but rarely, it updates. At the moment it says "earned 4 hours ago", but Living Room Puzzle mode says "earned 12 minutes ago" ...

@baris, do you have an idea? Could it have to do with the "combined" leaderboard that apparently now under iOS7 is not working reliably? If that is the case, maybe you can make it a normal leaderboard, that is, do the sum calculation yourself in-game and submit it, instead of relying on Apple doing simple kindergarten math :rolleyes:

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Your number 1 on total Leaderboard Saosijs, Congrats.

I am on number 3 now, but I think I can take Salem B down, Ha Ha hope so.