Universal TripTrap - (by Duello Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I think nobody was offended by the fact that you have used helmets. The way I read it , is that they are making fun off it because you take the fact that you have used helmets so seriously :).

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well the Leaderboard in this game is no fun anymore, I have ruined it, Ha Ha Ha.

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, bingo! I'm sorry Roger if you took my comment seriously, I was just teasing. :)

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    O.K. well I just don't want to cheat that's all, I never cheat in games, but this was too tempting.

5. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    For me the game is not as much fun as it could be because of Helmetgate, but ultimately it is the devs choice and you cannot be blamed for that, Roger. I don't blame the dev either, that is not the right word. The game is his/hers after all, and who is to say what should or should not be implemented? (rhetorical)
    I know I'm a GC freak so I am not happy with the dev's choice. It is still a good game, but I know I will not (re)play it more than just three-starring it.
    Now what I did just here? I'm pretending to be mature about it, but deep down I'm really sad. Or just mad that unless I spend usd20, my #1 position is lost forever?

6. What is this helmet gate? Pay to win?

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah I was number 1 on some games but eventually I was passed by hackers so many times it's no fun anymore. The leaderboard is an extra motivation for me to play a game and achievements also but when it goes like this, it's making me sad too, but we can do nothing about it, APPLE takes it's gaming not serious.

8. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    yup, buy helmets to bash through barriers (no penalties applied) and thus use less jumps (more points) and less time (again, more points) to finish a level

9. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    #109 Breinstein, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Are there hackers again on the leaderboard? The number 1 and 2 have a score of more than 200000 , which I think is impossible . Max score is 10000 and there are 20 levels...

Edit: ok so it is possible to score more than 10000 points per level ? I see that rogernl has a 200000+ score in puzzlemode. Strange ...

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    On level 20 kitchen I scored 11256 points with two helmets Heh Heh SORRY.

11. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Finished the game with all cheese and all golden gates. Maybe on a future TOTAL leaderboard I stand a chance against whales like umtpz, SaLeM B and a certain Roger-NL :D

Are there hidden achievements? I have all achievements showing but it still says 31 of 33.

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    With most games you are better than me, so if we get the helmet free Leaderboard you beat me I know that, so lets wait for that.

13. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Yes, but I hate this chair now.. In the first week of launching the game, I was searching pretty frequently for any news about TripTrap, and I got sick of seeing it all the time :)

About the score in version 1.1.1 - there was indeed a slight score inflation (+50 for the time component, and some more points for getting 3 cheese with very few jumps). Also the scores for the puzzle mode are exactly the same as for the regular mode now.

About 'helmetgate' - We officially encourage the use of helmets :D
    But we discussed this, and we will indeed a penalty for using them. But for this to be useful, there'll need to be a score inflation - would this be okay or would it be annoying? We really didn't think people would care about competing with scores in this particular game, but we'll now try to make them fairer.
    I love the naming of 'helmetgate' by the way :)

Yes, there are 2 hidden achievements (but they involve helmets, which is why we made them hidden)

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I always like to compete in games when they have a leaderboard, but I agree that this has to be fair, so penalty this helmet users, hate them Ha Ha Ha.

15. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I keep having problems with the achievements registering in gamecenter , most of ones I accomplished are just not shown, also tried the options/ game progress trick. My lvl scores are registered instantly . The game also seems to forget my achievements , because sometimes when I replay a level finished kitchen level appears or completed lvl in puzzle mode etc. so somehow both the game and gamecenter are having problems with my achievements :-(

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well I have the same problems and not just with this game.

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 4 out of 5 review from TA!
    Once again, Musgrave proves to be the best reviewer by checking out the cool indie games

18. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks! We were pretty happy to finally be reviewed on TA :)

http://toucharcade.com/2014/02/03/triptrap-review/

19. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    This particular behavior actually could be the game purposefully re-submitting achievements in order to be robust against offline gaming or temporary connectivity problems. I know this behavior from Naughty Bricks where the dev confirmed doing re-submits to be robust. Maybe other games do this too but without showing the achievement notification (if that is possible)?

Something interesting I noticed yesterday, in the hotel I am I forgot to login to the wifi login page (so I was connected, but had no internet connection), my gamecenter achievements seemed to be from some days ago, like it had lost progress. So some achievements showed 70% progress instead of 100%. Without internet connection you'd expect to see no achievement at all, right? But no, it was like GC showed me some old locally cached version or something like that.

20. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Yeah well it probably is a iOS 7 gamecenter problem, this is the first game giving me so much gamecenter trouble but that is most probably a coincidence. Just for the record : when you approach gamecenter from within the game do you see any progress? My situation now is : in game no progress at all, iPad gamecenter app: score is synced achievements are not , iPhone gamecenter app: scores are synced , some achievements synced...

Nb; congrats on the great review ! Very well deserved !