Universal TripTrap - (by Duello Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 22, 2014.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Not sure I agree with your maths. The Puzzle mode only unlocks after completing the whole set, so a better comparison is Kitchen Puzzle Mode players divided by Living Room players, which is around 22%. UI is fairly obvious too. I think the conclusion is that most players are just more interested in playing the next set of levels.

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yes, I have to agree. That sounds as a better conclusion. My own psychology of obsessively needing to perfect every level and squeeze every point out of the game probably is not representative of most players ;)
    Code:
    Casual  Puzzle
     44201   1786
      8024    220
      1696     71
      1113     46

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #63 ROGER-NL, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    Ha Ha, well I think that DUELLO can delete him within IOS 7.

4. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I guess things will become clearer after things settle down a bit.. Maybe more people who finish the whole game will go back and play the puzzle mode (after seeing the cheese stash 'leader board perhaps!). We were discussing adding another, even harder mode, but it doesn't seem to make right now (if anything, an easier mode might be in order)

Indeed, that's more of a progress indicator, but we wanted to put progress in the forefront. But, we will add a total score leader board, even if it's in second place :)

For the videos, we ended up using hdmi via Blackmagic Intensity.. I was more interested in your wifi router actually, because I'm annoyed that mine is usually very choppy (when screen mirroring to Apple TV and when playing StarCraft) But I'm going off-topic so I'll end this here :)

It's a legal score, but 1 point difference does seem wonky :)

5. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Trust us, this Amfion is a "smart" hacker (putting in "possible" scores, instead of putting MAXINT 9223372036854775807) that we have encountered a few times already (e.g. Cover Orange 2) :mad:
    Can you find out how many cheese he has stashed? For me it is practically impossible to wade through all 15k players of today alone (congrats for that number!). He probably has no cheese at all or a value that is not consistent

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just want to say a leaderboard is fun and it shows how good you are, but it bugs me that apple can't or won't do anything about those hackers it ruins the fun and it is not good for a game developer also, people just don't bother anymore, I am playing FEED ME OIL 2 it has no Leaderboard but I am loving it, maybe because it has no Leaderboard. So for me achievements are enough screw the Leaderboards.

7. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Good and also frustrating to read that all of you are so good at this game ! I absolutely love the art style and like the puzzles, but for me this game is way to hard. I can not even finish the last kitchen level. I just about mastered the mouse mechanics but I am in no way fast enough to avoid the obstacles, it is all to fast for me .. I know this site is habitated by gaming experts and that they probably can not imagine that this game is to,difficult for someone :) . Having said that , I love playing games and get a lot of enjoyment from this game so I will just gloat at what is achieved here by the forum members and then go back to enjoy the game and try to improve my own modest achievements :)

Btw : great to see such an involved dev participating in this thread

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Breinstein, I know exactly what you mean with the comment about how most TA members are gaming experts and how that can skew impressions, but I really think you can finish the levels on casual mode. The key with many levels is to start the level at the right time (I often start so that I walk right after an enemy/moving spikes) and playing with the speed button.

In my opinion casual mode doesn't really get that much harder too in room 2 and 3 if your goal is just finishing the levels, so don't think that if you are having trouble now it will only get worse. Room 4 does get more difficult, I hate those electrical things :)

9. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yes, a nasty one! The tip here is to accelerate now and then, just for a bit, like for 1 second each time. That way you'll open up the space to jump through further ahead. Good luck!

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Hey Breinstein, if a video solution of the level would help let me know and I'll see what I can do.

11. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Thanks all for the encouraging comments ! This is exactly what makes me feel so at home here :).

@andy a videosolution would be nice! I think it would help me with the challenges that await me in the upcoming levels.

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  13. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    That'll teach him, I replayed a level and got two points more! So now my score is the "wonky" one :D

14. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    That's what I thought I'd do, but I don't have a good interface to wade through all the entries either. I did see you're back at the top, glad you got this sorted out yourself :)

We tried to make it so it's quite easy to at least pass a level without any cheese, so that people don't get stuck too much (and hopefully get more practice in later levels and then come back). We may have missed this goal in a few levels, so we might adjust a few of them a little. Until then, andy saved the day!
    (for now, we made the living room level-2 a easier to pass without any cheese after watching the TA plays video :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8FFY5obrs&feature=player_embedded )

Starting at the right time is indeed very important.. I think this is one of the parts of the game that take longest for people to get accustomed to.

TripTrap may not be the perfect kind of game for TouchArcade, but I like this site a lot.. Also, the forums are probably the best way to get feedback about the game (the most concrete example, if not for this thread, it'd take us longer to realise and fix the iCloud issue that sneaked into the distribution version of the app; and similarly for scores).

15. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    The update with the iCloud fix just went live. It also fixes a glitch in the puzzle mode scoring.

If TripTrap was game of the week for you, consider voting for it here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=217036&page=5

If Flappy Bird was your game of the week (as it kind of was for me), you can still vote for TripTrap, because that came out earlier and is not in the poll

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    It made me LOL when I saw this, great saosijs. I tried to become number one just to beat this hacker with helmets and all, Ha Ha, but I couldn't do it glad that you did it. I saw that the helmets don't help much to perfect your score, it's just for people who can't get three cheeses.

17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    His MO is to wait a while to have a more or less established stable leaderboard, at that moment come in and put the "+1" score and then never come back again (sometimes after an update). In other words, for now I hope to be safe :)

I think the Kitchen doesn't benefit as much from helmets as other worlds. Every second faster is worth 35 points and in the Kitchen there must not be that much faster finish advantage using a helmet. Well, I need to play with helmets to better judge this

18. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    What's New in Version 1.1.1

1. * Fixes an issue with iCloud progress synching
    2. * Difficulty adjustment for Living Room level 2
    3. * Minor bug fixes

Did any scoring modification make it in this update 1.1.1?

19. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Yes.. 1. It fixes a bug with the puzzle mode scores 2. Now (in either mode) you get more points if you finish with less jumps than are required for getting a golden gate (before now, it used to be the same maximum score you could get from jumps).

20. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil

Attached Files: