Universal TripTrap - (by Duello Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 22, 2014.

1. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks for gathering the reviews :)
    Before Bellyfish (and before I joined the company), was iSlash.

Yes, a few days ago, for a preview copy in the upcoming games thread

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Looks interesting. I was expecting more goats, though, with a name like that.

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Aww you paid attention, that's so sweet. <3

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#24 Bronxsta, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Just to reiterate, this game does not disappoint. I finally perfected the first room (game is split into four rooms, each with 20 levels) last night and from the start, the second room throws new mechanics at you and personally I think, even more challenge. No slowing down here. It's definitely an action puzzler, combining the puzzler element of looking at the level and just figuring out what you need to do, and then the twitchy fast paced action side of actually accomplishing that

I'm having an absolute blast, really can't think of anything negative at the moment. I'd say it's probably one of my favorite one-touch control games (well technically not exactly one touch), even more so than Galaxy Run or similar titles. The art style is charming and colorful, the gameplay is challenging and fun without being unfair, and there's just a ton of content, both in terms of the number of levels and due to the two modes. While Puzzle Mode doesn't change the level layouts or add new hazards like hard difficulty in JCS2, it instead forces you to play better and plan better.

So if you couldn't tell, I highly recommend TripTrap.

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh... iSlash, bought it but wasn't of my liking so I forgot it...

As for the reviews, you totally deserve it. Its becoming my favorite action puzzler too like Roger or Bronxsta. That speed up thing and the thinks mentioned on the post above pretty much sums it up. Oh, and since I got the game for free and tonight there is nothing that interests me beside the Slayin´update, I will buy some IAP to simulate that I bought this.

:)

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Reminds me of Run Roo Run and One Tap Hero, both games I loved and finished. Then I read all this gushing by members I respect, how can I not pay a buck for that. Take my money!

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I wish Run Roo Run had a sequel in development.

So far, Trip Trap is great as Bronxsta and others have said.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ditto. I loved that game. If you haven't gotten Galaxy Run, it's quite similar to Run Run Roo (even more so than this).

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #30 Matt33, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    When I open GC in the game it says "No Items." This causes something weird to happen with the achievements in the GC app. It says I have 255/615 points, but when I tap on TripTrap it shows 0 of 33 achievements (0 pts).

I'm also having difficulty figuring out how your score is calculated. Why is it that you get more points on level 1-17 for jumping 11 times rather than 7? Shouldn't you get more points the fewer times you jump?

Unfortunately it looks like the highscores will eventually be topped by people using IAP to buy helmets and thus bash their way through spikes, minimizing their level completion time and jumps. From now on I guess I'll just stick to getting achievements (when they're fixed).

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The GC app has been doing that for every game I own for months - since iOS7, I think. It always shows me the achievements I had when I first viewed that game's achievements in the GC app. The only reliable way I can check achievements is if I can open them in the game.

11. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    #32 lena, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    I know this isn't really a highscore game and that this will probably last for 10 minutes max, but it is fun to be on top of a leaderboard (Kitchen Puzzle) above both Andy and Matt33, even if only for a little while :) (without helmets of course. That would be cheating. I think the leaderboards might be more fun if there were a helmet penalty. I don't even think this game needs leaderboards at all, the fun is in figuring out the puzzles, but now that they're there anyway it could be fun to see what scores are possible to get).
    [edit: as expected, it indeed took Andy about 10 minutes or so to beat me. Oh well :) ]

I like that there's a mix of fun achievements and "real" achievements to get. I'm missing a "get a golden gate on every level in [room]" achievement though, but I'm guessing that's not easy to add because of a max number of achievements or max achievement point rule?

BTW, I now see that there's an achievement "Puzzle Master" that has a description of "Get a Golden Gate in Puzzle Mode on Level 6 of Kitchen" but either the description is not correct or the achievement isn't working correctly because it didn't unlock for me. Also, I have Cheesemonger (collect 1000 cheeses), but not Cheese Party (collect 250 cheeses).

12. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I just starten playing and I really like what I have seen so far. Anyone else having problems with the iCloud sync? I started playing on my iPad , but do not see the progress on my iPhone.

13. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks for all the comments and reviews! It's great to see people enjoying the game after months and months of working on it :)
    Btw, Apple featured us in quite a few places (though I don't know for US yet), so things seem to be going well for now!

@Matt33
    The score should indeed be better for fewer jumps.. I'll look into that as soon as possible
    The achievements page isn't really something under our control.. As mr_bez suggested, that issue seems like a more general problem

@lena
    A penalty for helmets might be a good idea.. I'll bring it up as we prepare our next update, but no promises
    'Get a golden gate on each level in x room' achievements.. They're not hard to add, and we do have achievement points left. Plus it's a real achievement to do it. So, shame on us for not having added those :) I think we sort of thought almost nobody would get them. I'll add these in the first update that isn't only for bug fixes.

@Breinstein
    I looked at it after seeing your post, and there is indeed an issue with iCloud. I'll be submitting a fix for this very soon. The issue was specific to the release build, which is why we didn't catch it in our testing. Thanks for letting me know!

14. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    No goats in the game, maybe if we add something like a 'barn room'? But the next one we'll add is 'Game Room'

15. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    1-4 casual mode. When I wait a little bit to start the mouse I get more points (then 9900) then when I try to start him as quick as possible (9900). Weird. Anyway, this kind of game should work on "start the clock on first touch" imho.

I only played the Kitchen, but I fail to see a real difference between the two game modes, casual and puzzle, so far at least. I mean, in both modes you get the highest points by jumping the least, right? So the challenge is the same. Or is there an example where this is not the case? Usually I see 6000 points for the cheese, 2000 for the jumps and something less then 2000 points based on time (I maximize this by Retry, and then Tap to Start as quick as possible - I hate that. I prefer "start the clock on first touch").

The leaderboard is kind of useless if you can bash your way up the ranking by using (buying) helmets, as Matt33 already pointed out. It should have been a different game mode (helmet mode). Question is, if the dev is willing to change this, can it still be separated? If the current game doesnt mark already a levels score as obtained with helmet ... then the only option would be to implement a new scoring system (something that Siege Hero Wizards did). Which for leaderboard fans means that replay of the game is needed.

16. Bronxsta

Like the sound of that. Any references to classic games or is this themed more after stuff like pool, those kinds of games?

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Yeah, I was more concerned that every time I opened GC in the actual game last night it only said "No Items." But I opened it today and the leaderboards and achievements loaded normally!

However my achievements were still at 0, so I played a bit again to get some (the game does do a nice job of trying to unlock them, as the achievement banner still comes down) but still no unlocks. I just decided to delete and remove it from GC and reinstall. But they're still not unlocking for me in the in-game GC. Any suggestions?

18. Bronxsta

Puzzle mode isn't about time, it's about beating the level within a set amount of jumps. Well time is a factor in your score in both, but Puzzle restricts to X amount of jumps and you need to plan out the route that allows you to complete the level in that amount. For extra challenge, you can beat every level in one jump less than the level par to earn a Golden Gate

19. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I understand that, so the difference is only that casual mode allows you to be inefficient with jumps and puzzle mode does not. To reach maximum score, in both modes you need to use as few jumps as possible. Not a real difference for me who wants to max his score anyway. Basically I play the level twice, both the same way