Universal TripTrap - (by Duello Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 22, 2014.

1. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    X marks the (first) spot. Once again well done.

2. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Thanks, played through the garage again and found a few more points. Curious to see how the next update tackles the helmet issue ;)

3. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I think kra096 will love it that you basically wrote you found more points than he (and me) in post number 666! :D

4. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010

Thanks for making a neat list of all the points :)
    * The glitch is corrected now, the fix will be available with the new update.
    * The new scoring algorithm.. You mean simply a higher starting score per level, right?
    * The total score is being submitted separately, but at exactly the same time that the level score is submitted, so .. There is a small optional code alternative for sending scores in bulk in iOS 7 (and 6 I think), I made that change now, so perhaps that will fix these issues
    * Starting the clock at first touch.. We didn't do this on purpose, since choosing when to start the level is part of the game, but how about a 1-2 second delay (i.e. the score timer starts after 1-2 seconds or after you get the mouse running)?

5. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    Thanks for removing the two hacks at the scoreboards this week!

I think it will be necessary to do this every 2 weeks. :(

6. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I had removed 3 people last week I think, and removed 2 again today. So I guess it's more like once a week :/

7. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Nice

Yes, that would work, but really like 5000 higher. For example if Phantom has 3012 points more due to the use of helmets on, say, K20, then the levels should have at least 3013 extra to start with, otherwise we would never be able to catch up with him. Difficult for me to know what is the highest advantage that any player has received on a single level, any level, but the new scoring should include at least that advantage as extra points on each level (since we don't know which level the helmet advantage points have been gained)

Sounds like you have implemented it already correctly and that somehow the issue is due to Apple GC server internal synching architecture? But then why only the total is impacted and not any other of the room leaderboard? Maybe just implement a "synch score" button in Settings is enough?

Choosing when to start the level would still be part of the game and influence the score (only in a bit different way). But wait, "the score timer starts ... after you get the mouse running" is what I mean actually, so maybe we are talking the same thing?
    "the score timer starts after you get the mouse running"
    "the score timer starts at the moment that you get the mouse running"
    And the mouse starts running when you touch the screen, so we are talking basically the same thing, right?

8. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    #208 kra096, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    The Total is updating correctly now. Thanks!

I noticed that exists a delay between the level starting and the time that we can click on the running button. Maybe the score can count at the same delay that we can start to run?

9. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Actually, the update with the total updating correctly wasn't available yet, so this is just the servers deciding to work correctly :)

There will be a 2 second grace period for starting the game in the upcoming update, so it should cover this as well (i.e. the first 2 seconds before starting the mouse don't detract from your score)

10. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010

As you suggested, as a last resort, the total score will now be updated when you enter the game progress screen, but this should not be necessary (the score sending mechanism was already technically correct, but now the scores will be sent in one package, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore)

For the score timer, I added a 2-second grace period as I mentioned in my previous message

I also added a 1500 score extra (I was initially planning much less, because I really don't want to shift things around too much). Each extra jump gives 250 points only, so this should be enough for compensating for a single helmet use

11. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Phantom, what is the maximum helmet advantage you got on any one level?

12. Phantom X

Aug 8, 2009
    I think it was right around 1000. I replayed through kitchen with and without helmets. I think the 1500 point upgrade will do the trick. Haven't found any levels where helmets give an unfair point advantage.

13. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    I noticed that some people popped with new scores.

But when I tryed to play I didn't see any difference, nor have I seen any update available. What's happen? :confused:

14. Phantom X

Aug 8, 2009
    There must be a score cap set :( My scores aren't showing up on kitchen leaderboard anymore :confused:

15. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    What a pity kkkkkkkk :D

16. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    This affected the rooms but not the total score leader board. It should be fixed now

@kra096
    You can check your version number in the Game Progress screen (the recent update is version 1.3).
    I hope you are not running iOS 5.0 (we had to increase the minimum iOS version to 5.1.1 to add 64 bit support), otherwise you shouldn't have a problem with the update

17. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    Yes, my iOS is 5.1 :(

18. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    :( you're only missing by 0.0.1
    May I ask, any reason you don't update to 5.1.1?

19. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    we never know when a iOS update will come available and after that we can not update to an older version :/

20. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I would like to ask if TRIP TRAP is coming to iMac, because I am an iMac gamer now, I stopped with iPod gaming.

My eyes are not so good anymore, I see only 50%, so I switch to iMac but there are not so many games yet.

Just needed the bigger screen, I now actually see what's going on Ha Ha.

Hope to see TRIP TRAP and BELLYFISH soon on the Mac App Store if possible.