Universal Trigonarium (by Kimmo Lahtinen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. foxlyfe

foxlyfe Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Hey,

My game crashed and I was at 8 mil in quick attack! noooooo :(

Also, what's up with the scoring system? Can some one explain it to me? Because whatever first got I thin has something to do with the yellow 1000 boost you get?

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Unlucky you, i never had a crash.

In all the hectic of shooting and dodging i might have missed some fine tuning too, concerning an optimized multiplier, or better, a faster growing one. Though i start climbing the board, i'm still looking at the backs of our usual suspects.

The yellow 10k multiplies with your multiplier on top of the screen, i.e.1x=10k, 3x=30k, 7x=70k, etc. (besides the little burst of the shooting rate).
    Only hitting the foes keeps your mplier going, so always leave an enemy or two in reserve when the room is morphing or respawning new enemies. In this short period with no new enemies on screen, your multiplier starts blinking a few times to drop back to 1x, but with some spare foes this won't happen.
    The same goes for the boss, one million minimum if your mplier is down to 1x. You got the idea.
    Also, don't make the room (camera) too big. You lose sight to the enemies. This can be changed, once you know the pattern, of course.
    Hope this little info helps a bit.

@Dev
    Your niche living pearl is my 5th GOTY contender, so far. This might cheer you up, and if it's just by a little bit.

3. foxlyfe

foxlyfe Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    What's your game centre handle? Add me ~foxlyfe!

Thanks for the run down. But I was mainly talking about the 1000 multiplier, if you do the dash towards one were there are a lot of enemies you get a bigger score than you would just normally picking it up.

Dev come back! This is an awesome game one of my favs!

4. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Update 1.1.0 is out

Hi all,

Update 1.1.0 was just pushed online. It features full MFi controller support (1 and 2 player modes) and 2 new challenge modes (not sure if I went overboard with the difficulty there :)). Let me know if there's any problems!

Note also, if you plan to play coop with MFi players, DO NOT buy two SteelSeries Stratus XL (or non-xl) controllers, two of them do not work at the same time and SteelSeries doesn't show any interest in fixing the problem. That's also why this update took so long (I was trying to get through to them through their support, but no luck there... gave up after a month and bought a different controller).

I'm off to holiday tomorrow, so I might not reply for a while, but then after I'm back, I'm planning on adding some more content over the summer.

5. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    #65 Sash-O, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Hi gimblll,

Sorry for the late reply. :/
    First i have to thank you for putting me in the game with your special thanks in the credits!
    That means a lot to me! My first credit ever! :) Thank you!

I have to say that Trigonarium is one of my favorite Arcade Shoot 'em ups ever.
    I love the graphics, the design and the music. And the controls are spot on. You did a superb job, you and your brother!
    So far I've played 879 games and 30 hours and I'm still enjoying it.
    I'm almost on top on every high score because I couldn't stop playing. (sorry guys from the forum. It wasn't easy to top your high scores) ;)

And now with the new content coming up.
    Got the achievements for the new levels already, but it was harder to reach them.
    The difficulty increased noticeable, will play more of the new levels in the next days.
    I hate this new creeps that's following you already. ;)

I wish you all the best for the future, much success for the game and have a nice holiday!

So long, Sash...

6. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Fantastic with controller support

I love this game now that it has controller support. Thanks for continuing to update the game even though it's apparently not selling well. I couldn't get on with the touch controls. The virtual control sticks worked fine but I could never control the dash well; I could never reliably control which direction it went. Playing it with my Mad Catz controller though, this problem is completely gone, and it's now a wonderful experience playing it.

7. gimblll

Thanks, great that it finally works for you too!

And now I'm back from holiday and will continue work on the next content update. Should hopefully be out in near end of July, but we'll see. The game's sold exactly 349 copies so far, so it makes financially absolutely no sense to continue, but I like the game and I think it deserves some more content before I move on to other projects. :)

8. gimblll

Trigonarium 2.0 update out now!

Hi everyone,

Trigonarium 2.0 update is available for download now. It introduces a new arcade campaign called 'Ultimate', which has 5 levels of fresh new content and 2 new bosses (3 are recycled from original, with minor tweaks). There's also some rule changes and other little differences to make it more interesting.

It's also a step more intense experience than the original campaing. Where as in the original campaign I tried to keep everything easy from the start and introduce enemies slow and easy, these new levels are more intense and tight with no hand holding, mostly aimed for more expert players.

I think the game is now a pretty cool package I can be happy with and I'm probably moving on to plan new projects for now. If anyone gives it a try, let me know if it's any good or if there are any problems!

Thanks everyone for the support! :)

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The game was already great at launch and has only got better through your hard work in bringing awesome (and free) content updates. Whatever your next projects are, if they're on iOS or Playstation I'll be there. I haven't played the new Trigonarium content yet but I'll be sure to post when I do. Cheers! :)

10. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    2nded! As my App Store review points out, Trigonarium > Geometry Wars.

11. gimblll

Just thought I'd post that Trigonarium is available from day one for the new AppleTV if anyone is getting one. And it's free if you bought it on iOS already. Controls on the remote have auto-shoot and it has full MFi support like the iOS version.

12. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Grand!

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Now’s as good a time as any to check out this blast from the past. 6 years post-release, Trigonarium has been updated to support new devices. Awesome!