Universal Trigonarium (by Kimmo Lahtinen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Quick attack challenge I got ranked #1? I have no idea how I got that score, I was in the zone.

2. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Instabuy since I loved Drift N Drive quite a bit! Can't wait to see what's in store with this one.

3. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I think this game does itself a disservice in the app description by saying it's not casual and a difficult game. It put me off initially, then I actually played it and it's a lot of fun. It's not so hard that it couldn't be enjoyed by any twin stick arcade fan.
    After my first game I instantly love it, a superb high score chaser. I hope more people who might've thought this was too hard like I did might reconsider because it's a great little game, kinda like Geometry Wars on crack.

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Andy at the top of the leaderboard, what's new ####

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Despite trying to buy no games I had to pick this up. Bl**dy brilliant. It's (almost) like Minter never left iOS. Proper sad to see only c70 people on them boards though - props to Andy though for THAT score.

6. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Thanks for this. I'm torn because I'm afraid to upgrade to ios8 on an ipad3, but man this game looks like so much fun. My dual stick capabilities aren't up to snuff, but reading your post makes me believe that I would actually be ok and have fun playing.

7. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Just reached the boss and got spanked.. But WOW this game is excellent.. It's my favorite dual stick shooter yet.. If your remotely interested I suggest you stop thinking and just buy it. ###

8. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    So sad this game only has 1 review on the App Store.

9. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind comments everyone again!

You're right, I went ahead and removed it from the description. I kind of put it there to avoid dealing with lots of feedback that says that it's too difficult and sucks because I want one button that says "win!" and blah, but since it didn't get featured probably only fans of that genre will ever find it so it's unnecessary now.

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I know right! Dude got a lot, and I mean a lot of time on his hands or he's just a gaming prodigy. # I like to think the latter. Lol

11. armilla

Dec 13, 2012
    Game is great, but the boost is a little finicky to execute precisely. Really hope that mfi support comes sooner than later, because I'll get a lot more out of the game then.

12. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Agreed.. That's my only minor complaint.. It's hard to boost accurately.. Awesome game nontheless ##

13. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Are the levels randomized?

Is there an endless mode?

14. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, did you notice there's a bit of time where you can fine tune the boost direction while the boost launch arrow sequence is displayed? It isn't mentioned anywhere in the game, just want to check if it's clear regardles.

The levels are "hand designed" with a tiny bit of random here and there regarding enemy placement. And there's not an endless mode as such yet, but there are two challenge modes that can be used for a more quick & random plays.

15. armilla

Dec 13, 2012

16. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada

17. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    The more I play the more I realize the boost is just fine the way it is.. All it takes is practice/repetition and eventually you'll be pretty accurate with it.. I bought rogue star and implosion and have played this little arcade game way more than those other 2.. Saying I like this is an understatement #######

18. lagz89

lagz89 New Member

Apr 13, 2015
    controls

Does it have the settings to left handed twin stickers? left stick aims, right moves?

19. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Umm, ya... wow. Well played, very well played. ###