Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1421 Rip73, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    The best way I can think of is to delete it and while deleting, you're asked if you want to keep or remove from gamecenter, select remove from gamecenter.

You're progress and cloud synching is done over gamecenter rather than iCloud so once its gone from gamecenter, its gone.

Can't remember if there is a restore purchases option, I'm sure there is, but its worth being cautious on this point depending on whether you've purchased the extra maps or not.

But just keep in mind, once you have removed from gamecenter, everything is gone and you will be starting from day one.
    I know that's what you personally are looking for, I'm more making that point for others.

I'll check the restore purchases option and get back.

Edit. Checked and can't find a restore purchase option. But as far as I know if you have already bought the expansion pack, you can simply select to buy it again and you wouldn't be charged as you've already payed for it. Bear in mind I didn't do this with this game but I have done it many times before with others that had dlc expansion packs and that's how it worked for me.
    On the off chance that you do get charged again, possible but very unlikely, just report problem in purchase history and Apple will happily refund you. I don't see this happening but just in case.

Oh and another way to start over is to create a new gamecenter account. That new account will be created as a new profile in the game and will have no progress so it will do what you want as well.
    But it will also allow you to keep your other profile if you decided not to remove it from gamecenter.

2. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    I deleted the game from Game Center. but it kept my progress.

3. Did you try going to icloud going to the data and then hitting edit to delete all data? Try that.

4. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Ok thanks.

5. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Didn't work :(

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1426 Rip73, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Hmmm, don't know why that wouldn't of worked.
    If you deleted the game from your device, you delete the local storage and if you select remove from gamecenter while deleting from device, it is removing the cloud storage. It should of worked.

The only reason it wouldn't is if you are reinstalling using iTunes on a computer rather than the App Store on the device. iTunes on the computer would also have a backup of your data if you ever synched to it.

If this is the case, my original method will work if you reinstall from the App Store app on device.

If this is not the case, the only other thing I can think of is that you have it installed on another device on the same gamecenter account. In that case removal from both is the only way as the second device will always push the highest progress to gamecenter and overwrite any other save with less progress.

Its not stored in iCloud. iCloud sync/storage and Gamecenter sync are different systems/methods (technically similar but different storage points and different access points).

7. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    No I reinstalled from the AppStore. And my iPad is my only device with this gamecenter account.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well then, I'm stumped.
    I have a theory or two but they won't help you out in this case.

Best thing to do is create another gamecenter profile. Not ideal, I know, but I have tried it and it does work.

Just sign out of gamecenter, remove your own username from the top and then select create new apple id and just follow the next few steps. It won't affect anything in relation to App Store or anything else, it'll just create a new gamecenter profile basically.

And when playing the game, just log in to gamecenter under the new profile.

If when you open the game, it still opens under your original username, just tap on that part of the screen where your name is and profile options will come up and select the new profile.

This new profile would have no progress but that might be the only way to go.

I have a feeling the game must save progress in a particular way that links xp to achievements and gamecenter holds on to the achievements part despite deleting the save file.
    Its complicated but just use a new gamecenter profile basically

9. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    And i am back

I forgot how much fun this game is. Extra nice on a 6+.

10. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Just started playing this again for the first time in a long time and I'd forgot just how good this is, it's really a shame it looks like it's been abandoned :(
    The controls work great and the multi player matches with the Ai are cool.
    In my idea dream world this game engine/graphics etc would have been amazing with the maps and modes from counter strike :D

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Just redownloaded this and keen to start from square one. I see some above posts discuss this but are there any new ideas on how to start over so I don't have to look at the next unlock that I will never reach? :p

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Did not expect this to be updated....at all...

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

They even bumped up the graphics a little bit.

14. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Wow! This is still going?