Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Nope. I'm pretty much always on top in console FPS. Perhaps you can adjust to the touch controls if you really want to commit to practicing it, but I never wanted to bother with it because of how annoying it is to me (my opinion). And the guy below your post is right, big thumbs is another problem as I have big hands and would be playing on the phone and not an ipad.

2. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you, if you have the notion of playing with 2 thumbsticks in consoles then how can you not be good in iOS? Then maybe it has something to do with people not taking the time to get passed the learning curve, if so many people are so good playing FPS in touch controls, then the touch controls are not the problem.

Also I'm 1.89 meters tall (We use the metric system lol) my hands are fairly big and I have no problem what so ever.

3. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    No I'm pretty darn good on console FPS games (but not PC).

I don't have the patience to adjust to this bothersome control scheme of moving the right thumb around to look but also to tap/hold/slide to shoot and pretty much everything else. You might think if you're good on console then you must be good on touch but it's really not the case, at least for me. It's so much easier to have every command you need dedicated to certain fingers. Actually, in fact, it's one of the reasons I don't like PC FPS as I despise moving with AWSD as opposed to a stick on the console.

I'm 1.86 lol but I guess you had the patience to learn the control system. Honestly I wish I could get past it so I can FPS on mobile as I think it's pretty awesome to be able to, maybe when MC goes on sale I'll give it another shot as I have iPhone 5 maybe the wider screen will be better.

4. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well it is a matter of practice, yeah, I recommend MC4 a lot you're missing out if you have the iPhone 5, but to be honest if I have enough time I'd rather just play BF3 on my play station lol

5. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Awww yeah!

Attached Files:

6. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    My old stats. Haven't played too much lately...

Attached Files:

7. nelsinho

nelsinho Member

Dec 12, 2012
    I've seen some HUGE scores on Game Center for Best Round. My best is 1780, and that's after LOTS of practice and an amazingly lucky round. But there are a ton people in the 4000-5000 range of scores. How are they doing that??? Is there a jailbreak cheat?

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If there was a cheat it'd be pointless and not skill based.
    My highest is 1480 and yours is very good.
    Those other numbers do seem very high but if some are got by cheating, well they are pointless.
    They could be hacked leaderboards anyway which happens quite a lot on gamecenter.
    Why people do that I'll never really understand.
    Or some people could have just spent an awful lot of time with the game. 3000 or so weeks plausible. 5000 does look a bit suspicious.

9. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Anyone still playing this?

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Not for a couple months anyway. You?

DBC

11. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I just reinstalled it and while my stats were reset (it said I had played 0 games) I still had all my weapons and perks unlocked.

I tried playing online but either I had connection issues or there was nobody online because I couldn't find a game.

Thats why I was asking. I never bought the "expansion pack" btw so maybe that had something to do with it.

12. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    You start sucking so bad after not playing for a few months. My stats are still the same, my K/D like 5 or something >_> I still hold some records, 64 killstreak :p

13. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Haha yep since I couldn't get MP to work I did some singleplayer and promptly got my asses handed to me by bots. I swear those dudes cheat! :p

14. I still have this game. It's good, but I really don't like how they made it a freemium. I'm still trying to unlock the fourth wave of weapons.

15. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I still have it yet never play it anymore. :confused:

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    They had to do it. Because of it, its hit nearly two and a half million downloads.
    Before that it wasn't going anywhere, maybe 80,000 or so.
    Its a very good example of what has to be done to become a success and generate revenue on the App Store. And that unfortunately is freemium.
    I still think its a great game and am really looking forward to what they do next.

I'm still using the early weapons anyway because I find a lot of them better. The m4 in particular.

17. You do make a great point, it's just a shame it had to be that way.

Lake Effect is a pretty good developer, and their StickBo games are fun. I would also like to see more from them.

At least all the weapons have their strengths and weaknesses. They are nice, but it just sucks that it takes a lifetime to level up.

18. Sambobsung

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    That's what makes it worth playing. It's not really freemium, it just takes alot of time required into doing so. For both Gunner and Rifleman, I got all of their weapons legit no cash, it's the scout... That's the class I need. Global EXP will seem to be an end-game goal for one to achieve. Although overtime, one will learn to master the bots and their sequences and how they work. SCAR-H is also very good.

19. icebox

icebox Member

Aug 7, 2012
    is the multiplayer scene of this game still active?

20. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Is there any way to reset your stats in this game? (As in lose your unlock as if you just downloaded the app for the first time.)