Trigger Fist (by Lake Effect Applications)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rip73, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #41 Rip73, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Totally reasonable price. Why would 5 dollars be too much for a good game? I'm personally happier at that price point. If it was cheaper, or heaven forbid free, I'd be more concerned.
    The developer needs to make a profit otherwise they cant bring us more games.
    Anyway Modern Combat 3 was more and has a massive amount of players, too many hackers, but before the hackers always got a good game from the players on this forum alone. Plenty of players basically.
    I have high hopes for this game and at 214mb, it'll be good for all those that don't have space for a 1.9gb multiplayer, which is a lot of us.
    Still an instabuy.

Edit. Plus I just noticed some usernames from the guys I'm used to talking to on the mc3 thread. Glad to see ye here, let's forget the hackers over there and kick some ass over here (and save a lot of goats).

Edit 3. Tell Carlos that at least if he has a 32 gb iPhone, use up some space man. I'm quite jealous, I certainly wish I had 27 gb free on mine as opposed to about 4 gb.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #42 Rip73, Aug 5, 2012
    214mb is an amazing result for a multiplayer game especially considering the iPad 3 demands on disk space.
    Unity is quite an impressive engine. I know dead trigger takes up less space but no multiplayer on that so I'm quite impressed by how little hard drive space this requires.
    I like the icon by the way.

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    To the best of my knowledge, it's an online multiplayer with no campaign.
    It has an offline mode with bots for when you've no Internet but the AI is reportedly very good and a big challenge in itself. So I see no need for campaign in that situation.

4. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Ohhhh I see then. Sounds good but let's hope the community doesn't die like it did for Deadlock.

5. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    The price is higher than I expected, but if the IAP are very fair the problem is non-existent, especially thinking that 5 dollars for a great game with good graphics is nothing compared to crappy DS Fps which sell at 40$ ( only an example). Also, the small filesize is ideal for us "8gb devices" owners. Just hoping for a good online experience, but I'm quite sure this will be a great game. Looking forward to this!

6. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Haha.

7. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    #47 popjam5, Aug 5, 2012
    It's 5 dollars !?!
    I only have 4 dollars!! :eek:

Could you pretty please make it 3.99 just for release day? :)

8. Vincexn

Vincexn Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm surprise you're expecting a constant 30fps and ragdolls/destructible environment. On an iPod.
    Not trying to be pessimistic, but I don't see both ragdolls and destructible environments running smoothly on an iPod. More likely on the more recent iDevices.

9. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #49 lakeeffect, Aug 5, 2012
    Here's my post from the Modern Combat 3 thread about Trigger Fist's artificial intelligence.

10. Vincexn

Vincexn Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I do think the iPod Touch is capable of ragdoll effects, but I still don't having both effects would allow smooth performance. RR2 runs fairly well, but the closest it has to 'destruction' is car damage. Destruction in shooters require buildings to chip off or cover to be destroyed. Minimal destruction like exploding barrels would most likely have the smallest effect on framerate, but anymore than that could show alot of fps drop. Particularly on older gen iPods.
    Building destruction would be awesome, though.

11. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    We have full intentions of adding this kind of destruction in Trigger Fist 2. (assuming we can make a second one)
    Our current cover system is based on world geometry that adheres to strict heights so the player can clearly tell when they can shoot over something. An additional layer of destructible assets could actually fit in quite well if we implement a system that always takes tall cover (over your head) down to crouch cover or rubble. But, the implications of adding that kind of complexity reach far beyond possible performance issues. It takes a lot of work from a lot of people to make that happen. It's doable, and we'd love nothing more than to do it, but please don't take it for granted!

Also, ragdolls are not easy on the CPU of any device. In our experience, adding things like ragdolls and maintaining backwards compatibility accross devices do not go hand-in-hand.

12. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    When should we expect the release of Trigger Fist? I'm really looking forward to it. :)

13. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    very very very soon ;)

14. decoy_octopu5

decoy_octopu5 Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Florida
    Everything sounds great so far including the price point. I'll get a ton of use out of this during the fall semester in between classes : ) hoping for a release soon!

15. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    Good Afternoon!

Trigger Fist has been APPROVED and it will be available Wednesday!

I will post the App Store link as soon as it's live - Eric

16. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
  17. decoy_octopu5

decoy_octopu5 Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Florida
    Made my week! Let's go!

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Here's looking forward to kicking ass and saving goats on Wednesday.
    Add me in gamecenter as well guys so we can get some TA user games going on. Usual user name, Rip73.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    OMG cant wait! Whats the price tag? Been spending credits on unknown indie games like mad lately :p

20. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    We worked tirelessly on making sure Game Center integration works perfectly in Trigger Fist. (no small feat) You can invite a friend while he's loading another map, switching from Wi-Fi to 3G and hanging upside down in an elevator, and it will work! We use Game Center's GUI for that part so you can just pick your friends and instantly send them invitations that put you all directly in a lobby.

I can't wait to see you guys in matchmaking too!

Trigger Fist will launch at $4.99.