Trigger Fist (by Lake Effect Applications)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rip73, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Good Afternoon! Here is Trigger Fist's official iPhone screenshot #1.

Attached Files:

2. decoy_octopu5

decoy_octopu5 Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Florida
    Hahahahahahahahaha that is awesome. Enemy took the Goat! That'll never get old. The graphics look spot on as well. Good job guys.

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    What the ....? If the enemy took the goat, what the hell am I gonna have for lunch?

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The enemy.

5. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Game looks awesome! Looking forward to the release!:D

6. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    Good Morning! Here's some more art, including another official App Store screenshot.

We're expecting a hands-on preview to be released in the very near future so keep a look-out!

Join us on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/triggerfist

Attached Files:

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The game is looking pretty sweet.
    Can't wait to try out the controls because the lay out on the bottom right is looking interesting.
    I thinking it might be a better layout to the usual running up the right hand side a lot of shooters on its employ.

8. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    The default controls are solid and we've got full layout customization that's really awesome on the iPad for getting your perfect set-up.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Excellent. I do like to tailor the controls.
    Unity does help make a very good looking game as well.
    I think this is going to knock Modern Combat 3 off my iPad by the looks of it so far. Hackers ruined that particular game for everybody else anyway.
    I meant to ask earlier will it be universal?

10. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    absolutely universal and people with the new iPad are in for a real treat (not to stay that it's any less spectacular on a 4S - albeit smaller)

11. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    Trigger Fist Hands-On Preview

SlideToPlay.com had an exclusive hands-on preview with Trigger Fist. Check it out for a little insight into the game!

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That's a decent preview actually. Slide to Play are very good reviewers I think myself.
    Nice news of the modes and control. I like the swipe down to duck especially.
    I like a lot of what I heard in that.
    Not bothered about iap as long as its balanced. Plus not bothered if its ftp or a price point download. It still looks like MC 3 is out the door.
    I'll have to get back on to the guys on that thread once this is out.
    The auto zoom camera is clever as well.

Edit. Jeez auto correct is a pain in the ass at times.

13. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    I would have liked a stronger opinion on the controls or the game overall but certainly good press.

Trigger Fist won't be FTP but the in app purchase is totally secondary. We were very fair with the unlocks and if you like the game and just play normally, you'll unlock everything. If you just want the next available gun or perk you can buy it and use it immediately.

We've got a lot of reviewers lined up for release so hopefully we'll get some real feedback on how awesome it is.

14. Vincexn

Vincexn Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sorry to ask, but how large is Trigger Fist's uncompressed file size? And at what price will the initial release be?

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That sounds a lot better actually. I'm glad it's not free to play though.

A few things in the article did seem a bit wrong but I've come to expect that from quick previews these days. That's why I called it a decent preview as opposed to a good preview. I would let them know that it's not a free to play though.

Plus if everything has an unlocking progress type system, that certainly is better.

Iap is in everything these days anyway. It's the games that require iap to continue with are the real annoying ones. Iap that simply gives the shortcuts make no difference because I prefer to invest some time in a game to unlock the extra stuff.

Anyway, previews are always very undefined and vague in my experience. The actual review will hopefully give a more detailed account of it.

They did give a positive initial impression of it though, so that's good.

16. lakeeffect

Aug 1, 2012
    #36 lakeeffect, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Trigger Fist only takes up 214 MB on your device. That's really good and the result of closely paying attention to efficient low-poly modeling and texture usage. (especially when we're designing things for the Retina display on the iPad!)

We have yet to publicly release Trigger Fist's price but I'm happy to announce today that it will kick off at $4.99.

I hope that's not unreasonable!

Attached Files:

17. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I for one have no problem spending money for quality games, which I'm confident this will be. I can't help but think a hefty price tag like $4.99 will put a serious hampering on the prospects of a hearty online community.

Just food for thought...

18. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    I like the price and it's perfectly reasonable. I hope most others feel the same way to keep up an active online community. Btw is the team combat prevalent in the campaign as well? Or is it basically single player campaign where your allies do nothing?

19. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Not at all unreasonable. Just don't discount it down to 99cents a month after launch.

20. Vincexn

Vincexn Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Agreed. I'll wait to hear how this runs on my iPod Touch before buying, though.