Trigger Fist - by Lake Effect Applications (Universal) : $4.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sladeums, Aug 25, 2012.

1. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Lucky I didnt buy it a couple days ago...nearly did.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here... I was only able to test it and went through the tutorial, then never was able to play 1 game. And now this. Ugh.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Played a bit, and I'm sure glad I didn't pay no $5 for it. It's not terrible -- it's a decent distraction -- but anyone who says this is like a console shooter is truly kidding themselves. It has some similar elements we're all familiar with, but it's barely a step above being a novelty in my opinion. For free, it was worth a try.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Lots of great games i got for free from promo codes. LOL.

EDIT: Oh, and the best one i got for free was Anomaly Warzone Earth SD which was gifted to me when i first started getting into iOS gaming. :D And I bought HD later when it came out.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    No one is saying that. People are saying exactly the opposite as the TA review pointed out. It's not meant to be a console shooter like Gameloft's popular FPS games try to be. It's meant to be a quick-paced shooter that controls perfectly without physical buttons/analogs.

6. #26 Connector, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    I tell you what, it's a much better life and much more pleasant. Used to buy tons of games at release, but about 3-4 months ago, developers started to take advantage of it big time. And now there are many games which do a price drop after 3 days! And go temporary free in about a months time. So now, I wait about 1 1/2 months, by then, most games will drop or will go free. And some change to freemium, cause you don't want to buy those when you have to kinda buy inapps later.

It used to urk me when it happened. But what urked me even more was there would always be a smartars would post something to the effect that stop complaining, it's only a buck, or developers have everyright to screw over early adopters, you paid for it, deal with it.

Then these same people who would post stuff like that would download this stuff for free. It's so easy to criticize early adopters when you are getting the meal for free.

Honestly, I think this trend really is not good for developers, and sales of ios games will suffer. Sure, a lot of the games are only a buck, but there is some principle involved. The worst is to get shafted by a developer who replaces their paid version with a lite version with inapps to play the levels you already paid for! Sure miss the good old days of early adopter sales like the good old days.

So anyway, I feel for the early adopters, very strange that it dropped from $5 to free instead of going to a dollar or two, but heck, wanted to try this game, and am looking forward to it.

Life is better on this side of the fence, the grass is much greener, and so is my bank account. :)

Anyway, since then, been getting a lot of good titles for free or on sale, so now I am happy and my rant is over.

Edit: wow, just as I predicted in the main thread for this game, a total flamewar going on being early adopters vs non. The early adopters are being call the worst people on earth, whiners, and why are they complaining cause all they are losing is one capuccino. Crazy. Glad I'm not an early adopter anymore!

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I dodged a bullet, too, after nearly buying this a day or two ago. Yikes.

8. Flamewar of the century going on in the main thread.

In the meantime, playing the game for the first time, not bad, but guess I was expecting a little more. I have to say that I like Dead Trigger better, but I'm not really a fps kind of guy.

I'm playing multiplayer now, about 50/50 on kills vs killed ratio, so guess not bad.

So pretty good game, Great for free though. Definitely worth the download!

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Strike that; I missed Perfect Cell. Damn :(

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    AWESOME!!!

Really sucks for the early adopters, though!

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    And now it's all gone, surprise.

12. The edited version is still quite funny. Two people in time out, and a full on early adopter vs non war. Fastest I've seen posts go up ever.

Good job in taking care of it even though it was quite amusing. :)

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Red1 had already taken care of it. Anyways, I'm just glad that there will be a lot more people online now on Trigger Fist.

14. Yeah, played a little multiplayer tonight, it was fun, this game is fairly simple which is nice. Gonna try the multiplayer a little more soon.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    :/ I was expecting this since finding a human can take a while but this still sucks :/

16. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    If you are buying games that are worth it to you you shouldn't feel cheated when they drop in price. I bought nova3 at launch day and I am not upset at all that it dropped to 0.79€ . It was worth the full price of 5€ and was already cheap for what it offered , IMO . I would feel the same about games like horn and TDKR . These games are already super cheap with their initial price so I'd rather enjoy them day 1 . It's all a matter of choice . Now for a game like trigger fist I would only get it for free, no disrespect to its developers .

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It's just a shame the devs apparently didn't take that into consideration themselves at release.

18. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
  19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, it's too hard building a sizable player base for an online-based game if the price isn't $0.99.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Or the developer name of Gameloft.