Universal TriBlaster (By Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Its already out on Europe! Smashing the buy button :D

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Love it! Great graphics. Retro style font and great sound effects. Controls well. Moves quickly. Perfect tempest homage on iOS. Congrats to the dev

3. iandunlop_oeFun

iandunlop_oeFun Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    Thank you!

4. Hiyas Bronxsta, here are my impressions and some screenshots. If you have any further questions please ask. This game too has MFi Game Controller Support.

So a short summary of the new iOS release Triblaster for iphones and ipads. This game is similar to the old school Tempest game. Think of it as a modern day rendition with alot of new features, and with touchscreen controls. Of course it is cool too, if you have a MFi Game Controller, cause you can also play Triblaster with an ios 7 joystick, and heck for an ios console like feel, hook this up to HDMI, and you pretty much have an arcade system that would be worthy of the old school Tempest Cabinets.

This game has alot more to it than just being a Tempest game though, features like the jumping, the laser beam, awesome bosses, and cool looking ships all add to this really cool vector like shoot em up game.

Personally, I really like it, I would highly recommend it, and for a buck, it is a must buy!

Cool Tempest like play.

[​IMG]

A cool looking energy replenishing boss.

[​IMG]

Upper levels are even better looking.

[​IMG]

So long, From the Connector! :)

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I like this one. Great shoot em up that plays like an endless game with waves. You can start at higher waves when you reach certain amount of them.

The action is constant a very good, and there is a lot of things coming at you, shooting (you can destroy their bullets which I find cool) and there are many different shapes for the levels, boss battles, enemies formations, spawners, ... very very cool. They also nailed the look and feel of the game.

Controls work well... you have to drag the screen left and right for your ship/triangle to move and shoot and tap both sides of the screen at the same time to jump, its a bit tricky and you have to adapt but it works with some practice. I would like to see some kind of transparency that enhances where you can tap, and that can fade away over time.

I find TriBlaster enjoyable and very solid. I will have a blast with it trying to reach higher waves. Will probably stay for a long time :)

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow, that was a surprise! Thanks for the imps Connector

7. iandunlop_oeFun

iandunlop_oeFun Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    President of oeFun, Inc.
    Austin, TX
    Thanks!

Just FYI, you only need to tap one of the 'JUMP' buttons to jump.

8. You're lucky there is no multiplayer option, or I would kick your booty. :D

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Heheh, you're lucky it's not an FPS (;

Looks like we'll just have to battle on the leaderboards!

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Exact my thoughts...exept your last sentence: Will stay for a long time !

The controls, to me, are excellent. Coming from 'Glorkian', i just felt at home with them. (And my elbow says the same ;))

I guess i start at zero points when i (not yet) start at level 25, right ?

11. Nah, you too good! Here's some picts for you. Make sure to get it, it's out now in the US, and only a buck!

Cool looking pictures from the Triblaster beta, man, the upper levels look really cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Pretty good game. However GC is jacked up. I keep getting a pop up saying that I destroyed a grunt after each kill

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Out in the US, woot!

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Okay! I'm sold after what you and psj said about it! I don't need to read any further! I'm in! Sounds great!

15. Alright! I remember the good old days of good inexpensive premium games, not the current era of freemium junk and flappy bird clones.

This is a great buck game, I highly recommend it. I hope we can all support good Indies, especially when they are making some great games for a buck on release.

And also, if there are any people with mfi game controllers out there, have been pestering alot of developers out there for ios 7 joystick support. Curious how you all like the joystick support. Or if anyone has any hdmi shots, please post them up.

Here is a video from months ago about the mfi game controller support for Triblaster.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I've been following this game for months... And the wait was so worth it

17. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Played this for a good while and I'm just not enjoying it as much as I had hoped. Its good and looks great, but it feels so slow. It's missing the frantic twitch gameplay of the original Tempest. I've been playing TxK on Vita and I think I'll stick with that for now.

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    To answer my own question: we start with the points we made to this level, only the lifes seems to get the cut. Had nine lifes but started off with four again. Like that a lot. Made it to level 38 i think and it gets more and more trickier.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm sure later levels will get faster and faster. I must admit i wish they had levels all the way round (Like Tempest) instead of just 'half'.

I dont think many games will beat TxK but i'm loving Triblaster as i've got my own Tempest style game and dont have to swap gadgets.