Universal Trials of Mana (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 15, 2021.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I never got on the iOS controller train, but at this point it's a little silly to be arguing against the inclusion of controller support in iOS games. I don’t want to get too much into it, but if I had a MASSIVE iPad Pro, I would not only entertain the thought, I’d probably be a convert.

Hell, even the small screen argument of “I’d play my Switch instead” is practically null given Nintendo highly advertise the ability to pull out your Switch’s stand, undock the Joy-Cons and play games that way. It’s no different from playing on an iPhone with a controller.

At the end of the day, more options are better for more people. We have folks on the forum with health conditions that make playing prolonged sessions on a touchscreen painful. What? Am I supposed to tell them “GO PLAY THIS GAME ON A DIFFERENT PLATFORM, MISTER”?

My problem with this release, as with all Square releases is support, and that’s why I won’t buy it. Pay $24 and watch it break in 2 months when iOS 15 releases? Sure.

tekchic, Taeles, Ijipop and 2 others like this.
  2. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Not that I’m defending them but it should last a wee bit longer than the next two months surely, even with squeenix’s record right? Then again I’m still sore over bioshock!
    What I’m more curious about is if this is gonna hit the next square sales, being still “current gen”

metalcasket likes this.
  3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Memories of BioShock on iOS make my heart weep. :(

gaberaph likes this.
  4. lee_ya18

lee_ya18 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I’m on chapter 3 right now. Though it lacks controller support, the port itself is quite solid IMO. Didn’t make my XR get hot, no excessive battery drain. I played on normal setting and so far I can get around 30 fps. Camera is a bit annoying but it’s totally playable. The touch control works fine for me. I usually prefer turn based rpg, but this game is quite easy so I think I will be able to finish it.

gaberaph and L.Lawliet like this.
  5. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #25 gaberaph, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    I’m loving it so far, kinda blown away by the quality of this!

6. Did anyone actually enjoy the game?

7. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I'm enjoying this game a lot.
    Though it doesn't have controller support, it's optimized to touch control very well imo.
    And also it has iCloud support, there are many save points in the game.
    You can play it for rest of your work especially you have above 2 devices like iPhone and iPad.
    Super worthy.

8. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Guys quick question, I might’ve missed the tutorial bit on this one, but can you directly control your companion characters? Like, switch from your main to one of the two when you finally get them?

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    On sale for $17.99. I’m tempted…

10. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Good graphics