Universal Trials Frontier - (by RedLynx)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    There are timers on upgrades, AND a limit to how many races you can take. Usually about six then you have to wait fifteen minutes for one race. No ads.

Great game with awesome gameplay destroyed by endless dialogue, freemium crap and timers.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    A little piece of me died.

3. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I tried the soft launch and i was not that bothered with the energy system.

But then again i play to many games every day so im not to fuzzed about it.

The overall game is nice but would be better as premium obviously.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yep this isn't a trials game, all of the tracks are so easy a baby could do them, there's timers an energy bar etc
    It's the trials name but the game could have been any other free to play bike game, take anyway the redlynx logo and you couldn't tell it was them.
    The controls work really well (but most games do these days) and the graphics are nice just sadly made for the casual F2P audience :(
    It's a real shame as I'm a huge trials fan and have been for years.

Personally I would have rather had ports of their old java trials games instead of this because at least they were tricky and more trials like.
    Or even trials 2nd edition or something more in keeping with the trials brand.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Can I delete the soft launch version I got in another store and download the US version without losing progress?

6. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    This game is ace. That is all.

7. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I am thoroughly enjoying this so far, I am level 8 and have my second bike with a couple upgrades already. The first levels were easy but they are getting tougher especially getting golds. Overall it feels like an iOS trials game to me.

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    If you have connected to Uplay you can. I'm not sure about game center or FB.

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I get the exact same vibes as i had with Fightback (Chillingo). Beautiful graphics and physics...but none felt like a complete game. Coins, diamonds, energy-bs and a lot blablabla. For a short moment i was about to buy the special offer for $3, but i woke up just right before doing that mistake. This energy crap stays and won't let me play as long as I want. So so sad.

10. Gads, wish the wait timer trend would go away. Was really looking forward to this game, but now, probably won't even download it.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the reply man!

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Download it man, I love it.

13. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    It won't let me upgrade anything. Keeps saying "upgrading is serious business and requires an internet connection". WTF? I have an internet connection. Let's me login to uPlay, and GC is connected but still get that message. Anyone else getting this?

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #115 Qwertz555, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    The game starts off like "mom's taking your hand and leads you to your first school day". Means: almost no skills needed, way too easy. And as you level up, you won't run out of gas...until, you know.
    Made it to level 10 and i see now that we will need seven tanks of gas instead of five, darn. Soon to be deleted.

If you have enough space on your device than download it and see if you like it Connector.

@Snooptalian
    I had the same but can't remember where and when in the game. Somehow it went on. My problem is having the longer the more crashes. Takes me to the homescreen and have to restart again. But no loss so far. Made a few re-boots but still hapening.

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #116 Amenbrother, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    How do I get my progress back though? I signed into Uplay and I dont see that option....

EDIT: Never mind you were right it worked :)

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Loving this so far! All trials games are awesome. Great visuals & controls as usual. Really enjoying myself. The tracks are pretty awesome, very refreshing ^.^

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed man I have been playing it alot actually.

18. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Downloading now. Let's see how long before it's deleted

19. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Agree, it's beautiful and when you're on the bike you're having fun, but there's way too much noise.