Universal Trials Frontier - (by RedLynx)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Redlynx Community Manager
    Hello all, I just want to thank you for the feedback you have given us so far. We are working on the next update which should be available within the next few weeks and will include some additions and changes.

I also want to mention that we would still appreciate any feedback and suggestions from players. Let us know what you like, and especially what you do not.

2. Shadz1980

Shadz1980 New Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Hello guys
    No doubt this a good game.
    But I reached a stage where I have to beat butch in tree houses. Eventhough
    I won many times but the stage is not being completed and repeating

Kindly take this issue into consideration!

3. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    Does anyone know when this game will be released normal? I can't wait for it to released.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like Trials on IOS, well...
    Pocket Game had a preview of the game a week or two ago
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Trials%3A+Frontier/news.asp?c=55938

And it seems that the F2P element isn't the only issue. It's just not the Trials you (or I) were hoping for

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    All those quotes are pretty much spot on, he F2P energy system is killing it and the tracks are so easy a baby could complete them, I'm used to trials actually being a challenge but this is really bad, the only tracks that are any good are the very last two in the game.
    Overall it's a bit disappointing that redlynx have waiting this long to bring us trials on iOS and this crap is what we get.
    Personally I want much harder tracks like the hard and extreme tracks from trials HD and Evo.
    If it has to be free to play then so be it but the tracks need changing.

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Looks like there's an update. I havnt tried it out yet, but it's saying, " New and improved fuel system, more tank upgrades, and WAY CHEAPER" amongst a bunch of other still. Im really pushing for this game to get better. It has so much potential.

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I got an update a week or two ago that gave you more fuel and stuff. I'm presuming that's the same update.
    All it did was raise the maximum amount of fuel you have but at the same time increase the amount of fuel each race requires :confused: so it seems totally pointless IMO.
    It did introduce a new slot machine that you spin and it gives you a track and requirement then if you do the challenge you get a prize from the wheel, money, gems etc.
    erm not much else I don't think. It hasn't changed it to the point where it's a great trials game yet, it's still far far to easy and not in the same league as the proper trials HD/EVO games.
    Such a shame that this is the trials we get for iOS.
    IMO they need to start focusing on some hard tracks that are actually a challenge and stop making this noob friendly nonsense, it's the trials name but certainly doesn't have its heart.

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ok. That was it. It's been awhile since I've been on the Canadian AppStore. I guess I'll give it a try. I gave up after being stuck on a track and only being able to race a few times a day. I agree the tracks are more geared toward the casual player. It would be nice to see an expansion pack with a handful of hard tracks. I still have a lot of Evolution to finish anyway.

FYI, I'm sick of you beating all my times!! Lol

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    :D that's probably because I finished all the tracks and then had nothing to do but go over each one getting gold ;)

Attached Files:

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Holy crap! Yea, my map is a lot more "colorful" than that!

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Disclaimer: I've played both trials HD and EVO (plus the old pc trials games) probably for more hours than some of our forum users have been alive :rolleyes:
    I been playing he redlynx trials series since hey were java games on old mobile phones.

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I think were close to the same age. I'm 37. I've been playing Trials HD and EVO and ur name is STILL above mine in almost EVERY track! I need to practice. Lol

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm 34 :D must have youth on my side ;)

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hahaha. Yea. I bet that's it. If I was 3yrs younger, I'd be crushing your times!

15. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    if anyone interested :)

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh well, time to let trials players world wide in on the disappointment. ;)

18. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    #98 xzamplezz, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Xzamplez here: figured I'd make a small summary review here.

Graphics: Vibrant and clean. Most of the time there is a nice contrast between the line and the background.

Controls: as I said in the forums; the controls definitely have room for improvement. Enlarging the activation radius and allowing players to customize placement would be a massive improvement in this field.

Physics/mechanics: Suprisingly solid. The same rules apply when it comes to weight shifting, and the accuracy of my leans (non-full leans) are above what I expected. And the slide still applies!

Spinning wheel: I'm okay with the concept, but I feel like having missions that ultimately come down to this aspect of luck is poor design.

Jackpot Machine: A solid source of low/high value rewards that keep players revisiting the game to ensure they get as much out of it as possible.

ANBA: Very cool concept that will give the game even more replay value after it's fixed. A great way of subtly challenging players to push themselves to improve.

Track design: Very solid, and only seems to be getting better. The difficulty may not offer what previous Trials game did, but they have technical lines with fair depth. More difficult tracks would be a welcome addition, though.

Upgrade System: Don't like it. Trials thrives on competitive leaderboards, and when you see people who are willing to throw money at the developers to be at an advantage, the competitive nature of the game is thrown out the window. The upgrade times become absolutely ridiculous.

Fuel system: Don't like it. This system seems to target the people who are addicted to the game. The true fans. The fuel regeneration time is stupidly long.

As you can see, I am a huge fan of the core game. But, the fuel/upgrade systems mar a potentially enjoyable and highly competitive experience.

I paid $20 (actually $40 because of a double-charge that I'm currently waiting for a refund for) for fuel, and I felt bad for doing it. I would've paid $20 for the game and felt like I was supporting the developer, but instead paid $20 for fuel and felt like I was taken advantage of.

19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Am I correct that you can't transfer your Canadian game save to your home country version? I just re downloaded from the Aus store, kept Gamecentre and I am right back at the beginning... Hmmm

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I couldn't care less about IAPs, but I have to ask if there are any timers in the game. Also, if there are any ads, is there a way to disable them?