Universal Trials Frontier - (by RedLynx)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hi jenkki!
    First off, welcome to the TA Forums (if you havnt been here before)

I just want to say that the game is excellent. As I said earlier in this thread, my only "gripe" is the timer. Other than that, I love the game so far. I really like how it has this little story going along with it. I understand how the market is with the F2P games, so if for some reason this game will stay freemium, then at least speed up the timer or add a few more gas tanks. It just seems like I'm waiting to play more than I am actually playing. I would have no problem paying for a premium version of the game or buying an extra bike or tracks or something through IAPs if the game stays free, but one thing I personally can't do is pay to speed up timers in games. That's my little bit of feedback. Aside from the timer, it is the best trials game that I've played on iOS. Great job!

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This sums it up for me too, seems like I'm waiting an more than an hour for 10mins of playtime, actually reminds me of playing with rc toys :D
    But the game itself is very cool, physics seem spot on graphics are nice and the progression for unlocking new bikes seem like a good feature, still hopping it gets hard soon but I suppose it might do, I just have to wait for my energy to fill up before I can play.

3. jenkki

jenkki Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    Hi guys, thanks both for the kind words about the game and your feedback on the timers is definitely noted and it is something we will consider, if there could be something like a single premium IAP that provided unlimited fuel perhaps. It is definitely something we can discuss with the dev team, and as said this will be a long soft launch, so be prepared for changes and tweaks as we go.

And yes I've been on the TA forums before, though not since we released our last mobile game. :)

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Jenkki, what other Trials game is this connected with, and is it available yet? I remember seeing the trailer for both through another ios game, but can't remember now.

5. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I think it's the upcoming trials fusion.

6. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Oh man, I cannot wait for this. My friends think I'm crazy, but I play Trials on the 360 to relax. There's nothing more de-stressing than playing through all the extreme tracks in one sitting!

One thing I loved were the ridiculous achievements that challenge you to finish courses without decelerating. Have to agree that porting the two console outings would be a dream come true but this is definitely going to suffice!

7. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Has anyone been able to connect to uPlay yet? I keep getting constant errors and the Facebook request pop-up keeps popping up like every couple minutes (even during levels) even after I had given it permission (like a dozen times). Are the servers not up yet? Should I just skip those missions for now?

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It works for me!

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Strange that of all games to go freemium, this was. Such a well known franchise from an infamous publisher that always sells tons of units of all their games on iOS. Oh well.

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    And that trials HD and Evo are some big selling games on xbla.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Precisely

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm getting the same errors.

13. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I did notice once I opened up the old mans store that you can add an extra tank for I think 500 coins. I'm not sure what the price goes to after that, but if we can add tanks, it's at least better than 5 races an hour or so.

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm currently at 8 tanks you upgrade it using the gems, but the prices to upgrade using gems are crazy at the minute, there's a up your tank by 10 units option but your going to have to buy the £27.99 IAP to have enough gems to get it.
    I have to wait for 80minutes to then be able to race for about 2 minutes as the tracks I'm up to use two energy per race and less then a minute to finish.

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Oh wow! Yea, that needs to be fixed.

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well it's confirmed a game that I spent 100,s of hours on on the consoles I've now stopped playing after only a couple of day play, I haven't played it in the last couple of days because getting to play for 2-5 minutes at a time is just not good enough for a trials game.
    Unless this changes from F2P and scraps the energy system then this is one of my favorite games of all time ruined. :mad:
    Also I didn't even come across any tracks that were hard or like normal trials HD/Evo tracks they have all been race style ones so far.

17. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This is a companion app to the console game, not a port of it.

Besides, how does the ios version ruin playing the console one? Just don't play the ios one and keep playing the console one.

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, I think I'm a little behind where you are/were right now, but I can see where this game is going. I currently have a max of 9 fuel tanks and it looks like once I find one more blueprint piece, the tracks go to 2 tanks per race. Even if the tanks regenerated quicker would be a big help. As of right now, it takes about 2 hours to completely fill my tanks and 5 mins to depleat them. I guess this is why there is a soft launch, to get feedback like this.

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm complaining not because it's ruining my console experience but because the game is very good in both physics and graphics and it could have so easily been a fantastic "real" trials game and not this free to play nonsense that's all race style tracks aimed at the casual market, there's no proper tracks that are hard or extreme = no fun.

20. ShiftySamurai

ShiftySamurai Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Redlynx Community Manager
    If you are getting Facebook login errors and have iOS7, please check if you have your Facebook credentials stored in iOS7's settings menu. If you do, can you try clearing those credentials from the settings menu and trying again?