Universal Trial By Survival - (by Nah-Meen Studios LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Never got the port of the Xbox Live Arcade game Trials.

2. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Don't like the fremium stuff. It was ok, but then I had to wait for night to end. I don't play games online either, so no fast forwarding for me. Also, I think it'd be better if you could actually find weapons, rather than grind to make one. Still a pretty good game, but I'd have rather paid for the full thing.

3. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The "Survival Pack" IAP basically is a "full game unlock" IAP with a more thematic name. It gives all of your characters a more effective default loadout, a sidekick, and removes the night timer.

4. Almostacake

Almostacake Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    The US store link isn't working for me :/

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    You can, using the scavenging feature - I've already found the axe and pistol. And you don't need to buy anything - just play the arena to earn coins.

Honestly I don't know why people are complaining about the IAP - I'm at day 8 or 9 and haven't found any need to buy anything. And I don't find it grindy - it only took me a few days to craft the revolver, and as I said, I found two other weapons from scavenging. You want the game handed to you on a silver platter? Where's the fun/challenge in that? And really, you can't wait 15-90 secs to explore another area? There's plenty to do - scavenging, making weapons/armor, playing the arena, getting perks. I have yet to feel like I had to wait for anything.

This is just an awesome game, and for free to boot!

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Bought the survival pack straight away. Love having the dog running around with me and no timers. Well worth it.

Love some of the features in this game, like the going in and out of buildings and the graphics are very nice the whole world looks really cool with the breaking fences and burnt out cars etc.
    the survival mode leader board wasn't working for me but the arena one is.
    Other than that well worth giving it a try.

One thing it needs though is a "bought" or purchased thing in the store to say you've already bought the survival pack or whatever.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont forget that you can destroy the environment, not just walls and doors, and some cars, or other stuff even provide some loot when destroyed. :)

As for the Survival pack notice of a purchase, mine looks grayed out when i bought it, along with the other IAP included in the full pack.

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Doh! So they do (look grey'd out) I didn't notice as obviously buying the survival pack grey'd out everything pretty much :rolleyes:

I didn't even notice you could destroy the environment until I used a grenade and it blew up near something which then exploded and set some zombies on fire :D it was brilliant.

Seems like this would be a perfectly playable game even if you didn't want to pay anything so I'm curious to see how this free to play style works out for the devs.
    I think IMO they made the right choice with the survival pack turning the game from F2P to premium for only £2.49 is a good way to go in my book.

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Love having a good run on Survival and Arena only to find you and JagerBombs sitting smuggly on top

10. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Is there an end to the survival mode? Has anyone managed to survive the trial?

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hehe took this last night before I went to sleep. :D
    Me sitting at the top (to be fair that's before it hit the US but don't tell everyone)

Attached Files:

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was able to reach Day 19, but died before i could get back home.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    What's the reason to go back home? I just kept playing until I died? Don't remember anything telling me to go back.

14. Skullinton

Skullinton Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Student
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    #114 Skullinton, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    Got 5k in the arena, yay for kitting! (Kinda hard with the small arena)

Sorry Monkey.

Attached Files:

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I remember since day 15 onwards, the note on top while on the map, states that you are now allowed to get back home as your trial is over.

I believe successfully going back home "completes" the game, and puts you in the leaderboards.

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Lol just beat you :D :p

Is it just me but I think the shotgun you get with the survival pack is way overpowered, you can shoot enemy's across the whole screen with it?
    I'm used to shotguns being close ranged spread weapons, here it has a spread and range?
    Did know one think of this during testing and think hey this is a shotgun not a sniper rifle.

Attached Files:

17. Skullinton

Skullinton Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Student
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    #117 Skullinton, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    Damn, time for another run. :p

18. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Can't seem to find on UK iTunes on my iPod

19. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Type Nah-meen into search on the store, pick one of their other games then click related, should be in there (I had same problem, UK appstore).

20. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Anyone know a good strategy? I keep dying in both arena and survival