Universal TreasureHunter by R.Garfield

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I had several mp games actually, you don't have to keep the app running, it's fully async BUT...for a game to start (to my knowledge and experience anyway) all players must be online (green dot in the list).
    That's the only way to accept a game.
    As long as the game started...you can pause at will and resume at will.
    While the game asked me for notifications, I never got one (but I could take my turn when I entered the game if it was my turn).
    I had several games in 2 days.

The game is actually good, especially 2 players async (at the end of the drafting phase you delete a card to prevent it going to your opponent hand, and this enhances the strategy required) but it needs a bit more polish here and there.

Notably:

Get rid of those german only texts, especially when registering.
    Music would be nice, but sounds are nice anyway.
    Being able to invite friends and then LEAVE, waiting for them to actually accept the game then play, as every other async game.
    A glossary for the cards would have been nice, but I was able to understand everything after some games...the most obscure card being the one that gives you gold for every artifact and the game automatically use it AT THE END OF ROUND 5 (other cards that gives you gold for whatever circumstances in the last round are optional and you can choose when use them in the end of round phase).

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I read that from your conversations with the developers over Twitter, too. Unfortunately, I still cannot get into any gorram game even after I got my invitation. It is a huge shame.

3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
  4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    How did you get the invite? Did you receive a notification?
    I never got one (I invited you multiple times).

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    How are people finding the game so far, after the initial hype has died out?

Pitta, currymutton: are you still playing this? Would you recommend it?

The price has dropped for Thanksgiving, it seems.

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I've only recently bought (during sale) but it looks perfectly playable. Granted I haven't played for ages but tutorial and local AI games completed without any crashing on 6S and Air2 iOS 10.1

Looks good so far :)

7. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011

Thanks! Glad to hear.

I actually bought Glass Road on these sales, and have a backlog that's larger than I really want to admit (don't we all?) so I may hold off on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I've been playing this a fair bit and have had a few MP games - really liking it. Yes the registration is a bit German .. but managed to make it work in the end.

I'd love to start some MP with anyone here - in skoptic and am online most evenings in the U.K. - I've been leaving the game open in background so I'd love to be invited or get anyone's profile name (I can't see any of the usual suspects in the users list) :)

9. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry, I think if the other player is not online when you send out, the other never receives any invitation nor play a game like many boardgame conversion out lately.

Many messages are still in German and patch seems yet to be arrived.

10. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
    Price drop to 0.99. I was wondering if it's worth it. Have they added music background or not yet ?
    If I like star realms, will I like it?
    Thanks !!

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #51 currymutton, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Single player, super fun. This is no Star Realms, in short: goals/prizes, one set per colour, is presented in each round. Each prize has 2 parts, the player playing the highest value of a particular colour in a round wins the high part, and the one with the lowest (nil is not counted) gets the lowest one. The interesting part is, high prize item does not necessary always gives the best score. At start, the player picks a card out of a pile and passes on to other players who pick and poss on, until the cards are done for. Then all players play the cards to "win" the goals. Each round the scores are counted and after 5 rounds (iirc), the player with highest score wins.

Online, I am not sure since after the difficulties at the earlier release.

I think there is a need to have a game play video, I shall see if I had time to do one.

12. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011

Thank you. I bought it but to my surprise I saw that still it doesn't have music!! Is it too difficult to insert a regular audio track? ... I don't know.. :confused: