traveling abroad for 3 months... with my iPad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hardac, Oct 22, 2010.

1. hardac

hardac New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Hey All -

I'm taking a 3-month trip across Southeast Asia and will be bringing my iPad instead of lugging around my Macbook Pro. I don't anticipate using it a ton as I'm sure I'll be busy doing other things - but I think it'll be nice to have once in a while (especially the long plane ride(s) from Seattle here).

I'm trying to make sure and download a bunch of good apps and games - and wonder if anybody has some recommendations for MULTIPLAYER games where at least 2 players can share the iPad.

I've grabbed Worms HD (love the older ones) but wasn't sure if there were any must-buys that I've somehow missed. I was super bummed out that there's no Monopoly iPad app!

Does anyone have a good chess recommendation?

Thanks!

2. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

#2 nizy, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  3. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Fruit Ninja

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I don't see why he can't just pick up one of the other Monopoly apps out there and just play in 2X mode. It may not be as good, but it's better than nothing.

And honestly, any Turn Based Strategy game with local multiplayer is good. Not sure if Rogue Planet's multiplayer supports same-device gaming, but if it does, it's the best one out there. I think Transformers G1 and Mecho Wars both support same device multiplayer, and are definitely worth a look. Even if you do get Rogue Planet, check out Transformers anyway, seeing as it's a whole different kind of game from any of the other TBS games out there.

5. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Uniwar
    Modern combat 1 or 2
    Words with friends
    Scrabble
    Battle bears go
    X2 football

6. hardac

hardac New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    • Nizy - awesome, great to know! i wish it were going to be universal - that way i'd feel better about picking it up now. I'll definitely keep an eye out tho since I should have intermittent WiFi access.
    • Cilo - thx! have it on iPhone and it's on my "maybe" list (seems like 2 player could be fun, albeit pretty simple)
    • SomeRandomDude, RunForMoney1110 - thanks a TON! great recommendations and really in-line with what I hoped to find here (turn based strategy... why didn't I think of that!)

Split-screen or "pass the ipad" style games are ideal. I do have an iPhone 3gs (for iPhone to iPad bluetooth possibly?) but my traveling partner is without an iDevice so anything we can situate between the two of us would be best.

Thanks again!

7. hardac

hardac New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    #7 hardac, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010