Universal Traps n' Gemstones (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smes3817, Jul 23, 2014.

1. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    For the other one you just need to enter the room from the right and roll as soon as you enter, then jump when you reach the left edge of the 2nd block. You should be able to just barely make the jump to the block with the symbol. It's not as hard as it sounds. If you fail you'll have to exit the room to the right and then pause and exit the game. When you continue the game you can enter the room again and try again. See my pic below.

Attached Files:

2. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Found another hidden chamber.

Just need a few more for 100%

Attached Files:

3. truechicken

truechicken Active Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Wow. Really nice game. Just finished it (Still some hidden rooms missing).

Rare kind of game in the ios. And very big. (I finished in two days but that's because its too addicting!).

I feel that for side-perspetive games, 4 buttons is like an mobile-default. It simply works.

Thanks for the experience, I don't have much money and mobile games are the only I can indeed afford, worth every cent.

4. CamilouWho

CamilouWho New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    TY Ineptitude! It took me some time to finally open those rooms.

Now I'm up to see how many times is going to take to open the chamber that TRB4 has provided for us. TY TRB4!

5. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    #165 ineptidude, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    I see your vase room secret passage and raise you dark room secret passage!

[​IMG]

It's at the top-left corner of the dark room in the blue section. I had to roll jump to reach it. I'll update my map shortly.

99% omfg seriously

6. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013

Nice find! Now we just need that last symbol.

7. dar512

dar512 Member

May 6, 2010
    Great news!

8. h_A_Z

h_A_Z Active Member

Oct 29, 2011
    PJ
    Devs somehow my Achievements which I achieved when playing in Airplane mode does not sync with Game Center. Now I have incomplete 30% but achieved 40% completion achievement #. Please help thanks

9. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Well poop you're right. There's no more secret chambers to find. Which is not good because I haven't seen any symbols that I couldn't reach anywhere.

10. poopyscoopy81

poopyscoopy81 Member

Feb 8, 2014
    54 symbols/ 15 secret rooms 99 % complete
    Where's the last symbol?

11. poopyscoopy81

poopyscoopy81 Member

Feb 8, 2014
    100% baby! The last symbol is in the room after the water slide
    Go up the lift, jump onto the two big ledges on the right and roll jump left and up the blue stairs!

Attached Files:

12. r+b

r+b Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I'm stuck in a room and I can't get out! No one can hear my screams for help :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. poopyscoopy81

poopyscoopy81 Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Thanks Donut Games for being most excellent!

Attached Files:

14. krolis

krolis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PhD student
    Lausanne, Suisse
    Very nice game, I like it a lot!
    I would only wish that the scoring stays until you die, and not until a game is put into the waiting mode...
    As I have never played games mentioned here above, for me the TNG feels more like the very long Goldminer Joe :) Which is very good, assuming that there I scored the 2nd place :D
    Still looking for the rock-hammer...

15. krolis

krolis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PhD student
    Lausanne, Suisse
    Oh and one more question: what do the points mean on the map?! Couldn't figure out yet whether they are uncollected symbols, or relics, or whatever...

16. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    You just gotta jump jump jump from pole to pole. It may help that you don't have to use the jump button, just the right arrow as it auto jumps when pressing right while on a pole.

The dots on a room means you have the relic that goes in that room... you just gotta go there and place it. Its much easier than walking the whole map looking for where a new relic might go. :)

17. r+b

r+b Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I ended up just quitting to the Main Menu, that put me back on the right hand side. I just kept missing the ledge on the right when I jumped across.

I have gone back to the room and did manage to get back across using both the right and jump buttons, then tried a few more times and found it easier without using the jump button.

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It probably took me 30 tries to get out of that room the couple of times I've gone through it. I dread the other part of the game that also has those pipes.

19. r+b

r+b Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    #179 r+b, Jul 28, 2014
    Let me say that T n G is a ridiculously stupidly awesome game. Donut Games have again proved that they are one of the very best game developers in the world. Even at the special launch price I was initially hesitant but bought anyway given how much value I have got from their games in the past. I am usually not price conscious at all, I was just used to 99c games from them. But I can now say that the launch price is definitely too cheap and I will definitely be doing my bit to spread the word that the newest mobile time-killer is here!

There is one problem though and that is that Donut Games have set themselves a very high benchmark for their next game, their 40th. If they could double the content I would gladly pay $10-$12 :)

Employ more programmers, get #40 out by Christmas :cool:

PS: to the developers, have you considered asking Twitter to take @donutgames off the squatter and giving it to you?

20. r+b

r+b Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    #180 r+b, Jul 28, 2014
    From a developer in another thread: "We were fed up with mobile games punishing you if distracted by tv / phonecall / train arriving at station etc."

So to Donut Games, I hope you do add "Continue" and "Home" options, and ensure that they are in place in 1.0 of your future releases.

Very much this. The challenge though is to convince prospective buyers to take the plunge. When I first bought an iPhone, I couldn't believe how cheap apps were. I was used to $5-$20 for apps with Palm OS ca. 1998 and later.