Universal Traps n' Gemstones (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smes3817, Jul 23, 2014.

1. colinkloecker

colinkloecker Member

May 8, 2012
    Can somebody help me out with the location of the star looking item in the lower right corner of the inventory? That's the last item I need and I think it's holding me back from any further progress on the map!

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    That's impressive!

3. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    That's a bonus item for finishing the game it's not needed to progress lol sorry

4. colinkloecker

colinkloecker Member

May 8, 2012
    Oh snap!

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Oh man had a heck of a run and progressed further only to die on my first attempt at the
    second mine car
    . I was over 6000 and approaching Andy's new score. Whatever the case, looks like the people in power cleaned off the illegit scores as Andy now has first and I have second. Second behind one of Andy's scores is respectable enough that I don't feel so bad for dying. Now to backtrack for the
    purple potion that shows hidden blocks
    and push forward more in the game so I can get it complete then start again at a highscore run.

As an extra thanks to Donut games I bought game #13 "Gold Miner" for a buck... Which now brings me upto 19 of their games that I own.

Thank you thank you thank you again people at Donut Games for this along with it still supporting older devices and iOS versions. Keep it up making these types of games and ill buy them all.

6. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Awesome game, Thank you Donut Games, just wondering will there be any future content update? Thanks again for the great game.

7. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Creds for pulling that off w/o the oxygen tank. :D

Not likely, but one should never say never.

8. philg

philg Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I really enjoyed the game, there are only a things that bother me now. There is one symbol, right from the bumping cannons, that is basically impossible to pick after you put the relic (which is right below it).

Another hidden passage also becomes extremely difficult after placing the relic, the one in a room with a big hole and 2 roles of spikes, the blocks descend after you place the relic, creating a bridge, but it also blocks the gap for the secret passage.

The only option then is to try to be extremely quick to grab the symbol (which I didn't manage yet) or hit the gap between the row spikes before the blocks get into the post-relic position. If you fail. Gotta find a way to kill yourself and try out again.

This, overall, bothers me a lot.

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Could you please provide screenshots of the 2 areas that you mentioned?

10. poopyscoopy81

poopyscoopy81 Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Here's my map to compare with. Let me know what I missed

11. CamilouWho

CamilouWho New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Thanks DG for such a treat. This little game hits the right spot. I still have another 7 percent to go. I just wish it had more chambers, secrets and relics to find. Following Ineptitude's map (thanks "I"), I have not been able to access three secret chambers (two in the blue section n one in the beige/bwn section). I just need a little help. I know how to get to the closest chamber but no idea of how to access them. And now , a little morsel to some of you... location to a secret chamber I have not seen posted yet... at least not here...

Attached Files:

12. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    TY CamilouWho. I updated my map screen with the section you found. These snapshots should help with your missing chambers.

Purple section - the spikes descend when you stand on the ledge above them

[​IMG]

Brown section - requires an active blue potion

[​IMG]

Blue section - jump the gap

[​IMG]

Blue section - there's no special trick here so idk just do it

[​IMG]

13. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hmm can there not be a separate thread for all the screens hints and unspoilered hints. I would like to discover for myself , but that apparently means not opening this thread anymore :-( what's the fun of discovering when the complete map is straight in your face

14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I just scroll right past it without looking but am glad they will be there if and when I want to go back to reference them. Can they be spoiler-masked? I assume that only works with text...?

15. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #155 houseofg, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    I happened to just run into this room after reading this. It was driving me nuts as well but I figured it out.

When attempting to jump into the pit, between the spikes, while the blocks are descending, you have to do a roll first and jump out as soon as your roll stops. I've found that the roll is the solution to a lot of tricky jumps. I also just noticed that the blocks are up and descending when you come from the right room as well, which is less of a jump.

16. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I have one relic but can't find where to put it. It's the one top left. I also can't find the location of the oxygen tank anymore. The map is a little frustrating. I feel I am going around in cirles and not finding my way. Other than that it is an enjoyable game.

17. makaGeorge

makaGeorge Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Great game, and even better due to the fact that it supports the iCade! Amazing!

18. poopyscoopy81

poopyscoopy81 Member

Feb 8, 2014
    #158 poopyscoopy81, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    The blue potions help reach the otherwise inaccessible areas...but once you die u lose the potion #

Won't let me post pic of my map....any ideas?

19. philg

philg Member

Mar 3, 2014
    #159 philg, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's how I did as well, the problem is on the other one.

20. philg

philg Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Watch for this one, if you go down there's no going back up. Maybe if you die.

[​IMG]