Universal Traps n' Gemstones (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smes3817, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
  2. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Great stuff.

Purchased. I owe Donut Games this one due to the sheer amount of joy I received from Action Hero - one of the only iOS games I come back to again and again.

Played about 15 mins, loving it so far. Bravo!

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Why does every time i die or turn it off and come back to it later all gems and coin i collect are gone and I have to get it all over again? btw i love this game thanks someone gift it to me :)

4. toofinedog

toofinedog Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2013
    #3 on the leaderboards as of an hour ago! ###

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This is how the "High Score" element is implemented. I like it too :)

6. FunkDoctaSteve

May 23, 2014
    does this game have bosses? im a sucker for any game with bosses

7. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Just a great great game, everyone should buy it! are there similar games like this on ios?

8. dar512

dar512 Member

May 6, 2010
    I do. I've got the Steelseries and I love it so much that I only buy games that support MFI.

I'll be buying TnG as soon as it supports MFI.

9. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I've played it for about 30 minutes last night and enjoying it. The only thing I found a little irritating with the controls is that if you're not on a platform, you can't jump. This means that in some jumps you have to be pixel perfect especially in cases where there is a ceiling above your head and you need to jump to a higher area near by, like that spot with the Egyptian flipping a switch that opens and closes a ceiling. Would have been better IMO if you could just jump whenever.
    I'm also no fan of high score games so having the gems and score reset when you die a tiny bit strange.
    But otherwise, yes, I agree with what people are saying here - another quality Donut Games release!

10. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Is this randomized dungeon or not?

11. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Brilliant. Just brilliant.

I love this game. Haven't touched anything else for two days.

My compulsive exploration itch is being well and truly scratched :)

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    There has been so many good releases this week, but I havnt touched them yet due to this game. Love it!

13. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Noooo! Andy passed me. I'll make my comeback on the leader boards (at least among friends).

On a related note: It looks like we may have a cheater too if y'all look at #1 it's over 60k while #2 is just over 5k. Unless that's a score representative of completing the entire game with no deaths?

14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Far from it, I'm sure.

15. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    You know what? I never got that one. Excellent tip - purchased :)

16. The Morning Son

The Morning Son Active Member

May 21, 2014
    Sweden
    I've played 2 hours and 20 minutes now (according to the game) and collected 64%, and I really, really like it. Great work, Donut Games! Everyone should play this. The controls are great, the graphics and the overall charm is great, and pretty good variety in the gameplay. And fun gadgets to use. Just wished that you could change from gun to the rope without being forced to use up all the ammo. Just rated it 4/5 stars on the App Store. Maybe I'll change to 5/5 when I've completed it.

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Maybe I am confused by your comment, but you can jump anywhere at anytime in the game, just press the up button. The room you are talking about I remember, and it took timing to jump above the platform just as the Egyptian is flipping the switch, but that was about timing to solve the puzzle not anything messed up with the controls.

And to the other question by someone else, no this is not a randomized dungeon, its one pyramid split into different sections similar to Metroid, but you can travel to any section you want, so it isn't exactly linear, however you will need to have certain items to continue in some sections.

18. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I'm relieved to hear that. I just bought this!

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    It's like the old Castlevania games back in the days, you even have the whip :D

Started playing last night and I'm loving it