Universal Traps n' Gemstones (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smes3817, Jul 23, 2014.

1. r+b

r+b Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Australian Store
    - Ratings: 5
    - Average: *****
    - Reviews: 1

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Too bad more people haven't written reviews on the AU store. But at least a few took the time to rate it in GameCenter.

On the US store it's got 92 ratings with 25 actual written reviews. Most of the reviews are 5/5 but of the written reviews two are 4/5's with the rest 5/5.

Maybe more people chose to buy it on the US store? GameCenter now shows 13,072 registered players. Not sure how many of them are paid. My son, for example, is on my iTunes account as I buy/screen all the apps on the appstore for my family.

Also of note...

On the US Store the game is now ranked #75 of all paid apps, and #35 of all Paid Games, and #13 among Paid Action Games! I'd love to see this in the top 10... even if it's just a few days.

3. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Wow, thank you guys for your appreciation of the game, and for contributing with your ratings and all. I'm at a loss of words.... :eek:

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    It's an amazing game. Congrats. Now get back to coding the sequel ;)

5. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    #245 DonutGames, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    :) :) :)

6. solinari6

solinari6 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I dunno, I want to like it. Maybe I just suck, but the "get hit once and you are dead" mechanic frustrates me enough to not want to play anymore.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The only negative of death is having your score reset. Ignore the highscore feature and play on. You lose nothing.

It's like the Mikey Shorts games... It's also about perfecting a run through an area. Once you get good at all the areas then focus on joining us on the highscore board.

8. solinari6

solinari6 Member

Apr 13, 2012
    It's things like having to start an underwater section over everytime I accidentally graze a fish or what ever ... That's what drives me nuts. Touch controls aren't precise enough for that kind of nonsense, imho.

9. Sn0wCl0ne

Sn0wCl0ne Member

Jul 24, 2014
    It's a amazing game man, go buy your self something nice and pretend it's from me ;)

10. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    The only part that I absolutely get frustrated with is the blue mine cart section. I swear, I always end up having to play that section like 20 times to get out of there.

11. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The only underwater section I had problems with was the area where there are spikes above and below. But I adjusted to tapping only when close to the bottom spikes and ignoring the top spikes. I found the controls very precise... but some things it helps having a lot of experience. My first time on the minecarts I thought I had been taken back to the days of dominating Battle Toads and memorizing the entire run of of the jet bike segments. The underwater parts reminded me of the first TMNT game on the NES. Some of the game even reminded me of the tricky room solving stuff of Conan: Hall of Volta on the Apple IIe. So maybe having a lot of experience helped me. The touch controls though are as close to perfect as thje bestr platformers on ios.

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Finished the game a few days ago. Thanks Donut Games for an incredible gaming experience.

13. MrMambo

MrMambo Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Really awesome game, I can't stop playing it. Great job, donut games.
    The only thing that could make this game even better if you guys implemented mfi controller support. That would be outstanding!

14. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    MFi support is coming in v1.01
    Out next week on App Store if there are no hick-ups in the approval process.

15. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    The price increases.
    And I was stupid enough not to buy it on day one. #
    Never mind. Now I buy it right away when I have wifi.
    Worth every penny from what I've heard.

16. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Just wondering if I could add some of you guys names to my game centre? I'm feeling a bit Billy no mates and it will be fun to compare scores and the like!

Revolvix

17. r+b

r+b Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    3rd top score - 9,231

2nd top score - 10,829

Top score - 712,037 lol

18. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Feel free to send me a friend request on GC, I'm nightc1 there too (as may be obvious by the leaderboards :p

Hopefully that hacked score will get kicked much like the others have been.

19. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Cheater removed!

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Oh, so that 30k one was fake. So mine is currently the best, and they deleted the newest fake one. Woohoo!